Biotest

Moroccan Chicken


#1

[center]Moroccan Chicken [/center]
[center] [/center]
I confess, I got the base recipe for this from a can of garbanzo beans.

That’s a great sales technique actually: Supply good recipes for something that you sell. If the recipe rocks, then people will buy more of your stuff to make it.

But I’d never do that. <a href="http://www.T-Nation.com/free_online_article/sports_body_training_performance_nutrition/superfood_super_recipes&cr="target=“new”>Never.

I tweaked this recipe a bit, adding more protein and cutting the amount of beans in half, plus a few other things.

Note: No actual Moroccans were harmed during the making of this dish. Well, except for Alberto. But he totally deserved it.

The Stuff

2 pounds chicken breast, cut into one-inch cubes

1 tablespoon ground cumin

1 teaspoon chili powder (or more if you want some kick)

Coconut oil or olive oil for cooking the chicken

1/4 cup lemon juice

1 can garbanzo beans (chickpeas), drained and rinsed.

Handful or two of green onions, thinly sliced

1 red bell pepper, diced

1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley or a few hefty sprinkles of dried

Salt and pepper, to taste

Optional: Unsweetened plain Greek yogurt or fat-free sour cream

Putting It All Together

  1. Combine cumin and chili powder in bowl. Add chicken and toss to coat.

  2. Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat and add chicken. Cook until chicken is no longer pink, stirring frequently. Set aside.

  3. Toss remaining ingredients into the pan, stir in chicken, add salt and pepper. Leave it in there just long enough to heat throughout.

  4. Top with yogurt or sour cream. Serve with almond flour <a href="http://velocity.T-Nation.com/free_online_forum/diet_performance_nutrition_bodybuilding_velocity_recipe/lowcarb_flatbread_pizza_crust"target=“new”>flatbread.

Enjoy.


Greek Yogurt Ideas
#2

Note: I’m not much on raw onions, so I toss mine, along with the red pepper, into the pan first for a few minutes, then add all the ingredients back in. Just a personal preference.


#3

Hey, what’s that stuff next to the almond flour flatbread? It looks very interesting.


#4

[quote]firespinner93 wrote:
Hey, what’s that stuff next to the almond flour flatbread? It looks very interesting.[/quote]

That would be zucchini hummus (no bean.) I’ll post a recipe in the V-Life <a href="http://velocity.t-nation.com/strength-training-blog/chris-shugart"target=“new”>LiveSpill soon.


#5

Oooohh, I will be on the lookout for that one!


#6

Looks great. Good timing, too. I’m coming into the final weeks of my cut and am trying to taper my consumption of anything that isn’t lean meat or a vegetable.

Do you marinade your chicken, Chris?


#7

[quote]BrickCallahan wrote:
Looks great. Good timing, too. I’m coming into the final weeks of my cut and am trying to taper my consumption of anything that isn’t lean meat or a vegetable.

Do you marinade your chicken, Chris?[/quote]

Nah. I usually don’t mess with marinades.


#8

Babaganoush is a nice hummus replacement as well. It’s basically hummus with baked eggplant instead of chickpeas.


#9

[quote]Tirith wrote:
Babaganoush is a nice hummus replacement as well. It’s basically hummus with baked eggplant instead of chickpeas.[/quote]

Funny, I made that this week too. It was okay, needs work.


#10

Chris I know a lot of stuff you don’t measure, but for the yogurt or sour cream how much are we talking? Like a whole tub or a spoonful?


#11

[quote]nateschmidt24 wrote:
Chris I know a lot of stuff you don’t measure, but for the yogurt or sour cream how much are we talking? Like a whole tub or a spoonful?[/quote]

It’s a “dollop.”

So, to taste, or whatever fits your diet plan. Or skip it totally if you don’t want to spend cals on toppings.


#12

thanks, did you add it to the pic above? Is the idea to actually see and taste it, or should it kinda dissolve in for texture?


#13

[quote]nateschmidt24 wrote:
thanks, did you add it to the pic above? Is the idea to actually see and taste it, or should it kinda dissolve in for texture?[/quote]

Totally up to you.

I had not added it when I took the pic above.


#14

Zucchini hummus MUST be posted…next friday’s recipe…before then, pretty please with an avocado on top?


#15

[quote]wyrd1 wrote:
Zucchini hummus MUST be posted…next friday’s recipe…before then, pretty please with an avocado on top?[/quote]

Well, since you added the avocado…

I’ll post it somewhere this week, in the Hammer blog or the LiveSpill.


#16

Here’s that zucchini hummus recipe for those who missed it:

http://velocity.t-nation.com/free_online_forum/diet_performance_nutrition_bodybuilding_velocity_recipe/zucchini_hummus