Biotest

Moooo's V-Diet Log

Today is my first day on the V-Diet. Took one HOT-ROX when I woke up, then went for a 27 min walk; tomorrow, I’ll take two HOT-ROX…I didn’t feel anything off one. Took another HOT-ROX and did my Monday workout, felt great.

My measurements (embarrassing):

Height: 5’ 3.5"
Weight: 170"
Neck: 13.25"
Shoulders: 42"
Chest - Upper: 41"
Chest - Lower: 35"
Waist - at Navel: 39.5"
Waist - at largest: 39.5"
Hips - at largest: 41"
Upper Arm - L: 12"
Upper Arm - R: 12.25"
Upper Leg - L: 24"
Upper Leg - R: 24"
Lower Leg - L: 14.5"
Lower Leg - R: 15"
Ankle - L: 8.75"
Ankle - R: 8.75"

Front

Side

Back

You have come to the right place. A lot of support here and a lot of successes to read about and draw inspiration from. Good luck!

N

Thank you for taking the time to send me a little encouragement Narives, much appreciated :slight_smile:

Welcome!

You and I have similar measurements. This will be a VERY trying month for you, but I swear the benefits far outweigh the bit of discomfort.

Day 2: Today is starting off well. I must admit, as I laid in bed last night, I was thinking about solid food already and was also thinking that this challenge is gonna be really hard; I thought “I don’t think I can do it”. I dreamed that I was eating chocolate chips (not that that’s what I really want), and I felt guilty.

I also dreamed that I was cutting down marijuana plants from behind a police station - hahaha, weird. Anyways, this morning when I woke up, I felt ready for this challenge…bring it on! I’m really looking forward to this body and life transformation.

Woke up a little sore from my Monday workout, felt good. I started the day off with two HOT-ROX and went for a 28 min walk; I must have walked a bit faster, I added two blocks, but only added one minute to my walk. Tomorrow I’ll add another two blocks. My HR was up about an average of 20 beats…must be the HOT-ROX?

K

Day 3: Great day! Went for my walk this morning (37 mins.) I’m doing the Beginner’s workout. I thought it was a bit easy after my Monday workout, but damn I was sore the next day and still am. As for today’s workout, kick ass…I feel great. 25x17,14,10,9; 25x14,10,11,8,7; 15x14,6,5,5,4,3,3,3,3,2,3 (lol); 25/25,25/25. I got Surge Recovery Raspberry, I don’t like it much :-/.

k

Surge is a love it or hate it sort of thing. Most hate the sickening sweetness. Or, that is what they love about it. Depends on what kind of tastes you have, I guess…

[quote]msmit002 wrote:
Surge is a love it or hate it sort of thing. Most hate the sickening sweetness. Or, that is what they love about it. Depends on what kind of tastes you have, I guess…[/quote]

What kind is your flavor? When I was ordering, I just wanted to get to the check-out. Original didn’t sound tasty, and I order all chocolate shakes, so I didn’t want chocolate Surge, raspberry is not usually my thing, but it seemed like the logical option at the time. Raspberry flavor is not horrible, I can handle it; someone referred to original flavored Surge as “white icing” … I want some!

Day 4: Today I’m struggling to stay awake, not sure if it’s the V-Diet, or because it’s a rainy day. I did get in my NEPA and stuck to the challenge like a champ.

I don’t get hungry at all, ever, just cravings occasionally. I hate food commercials!

I was thinking about my V-Burn day, which is Saturday. I’m participating in a Leukemia & Lymphoma walk-a-thon on Saturday…I think I’ll do my V-Burn on Sunday and not over do myself on Saturday.

Day 5: Today started off well. I woke up, took my HOT-ROX, put on my headphones, and jammed around the neighborhood.

Did my workout after my second does of HOT-ROX. My workout went okay; I need to add weight to my deadlifts. 25x20, 20; 15x 12, 8, 7, 6, 7; 25x12, 9, 7, 6, 6 and 20, 25 on plank.

But, tonight was a difficult night for me. The thought of meal 5 made my stomach turn a bit, I wasn’t looking forward to it. I ended up having my shake with peanut butter on the side tonight to make things a little interesting.

I wish I had a few fat friends. My fiance and our teenage daughter eat anything they want, I want to spend time with them, but everyone is on a eat and go schedule, and I just can’t sit by and smell the burritos and watch them woof down chips /cry. I’m dieting alone and I don’t really want to talk about my diet with friends, family, or coworkers.

On a positive note, tomorrow is the walk-a-thon fundraiser for Leukemia & Lymphoma, I’m looking forward to it. Tomorrow will be a better day, I’ve been doing good and I will continue to do good - I CAN DO IT!

I hear ya. I didn’t want to talk to anyone about my V-Diet either. Sometimes staying positive means staying away from Toxic people, and people tend to get toxic when you tell them what you are doing. For me, it was best not to tell them, and not to be obvious about drinking shakes all day long. I got really creative about how I managed to duck out of daily events that revolved around food. I just kept telling myself it is a finite amount of time, and that it will be over soon.

But yes… it is difficult if you are cooking dinner for you kids (who can and should eat calorie dense, healthy food) and you have sit next to them and drink a shake. But I got through it, and you will too!

Day 6: Went well. Non-workout day, walked to raise money for The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society; Walked three miles in one hour as my NEPA. I’ve been following the V-Diet as scripted…with one exception, peanut butter on the side of meal 5 rather then in it (hope that’s okay).

Day 7: V-burn was tougher then I expected and it really told me my cardio sucks ass. I did only three circuits: 6:06.9, 9:31.7, and 12:10.8. I sweated all over and got light-headed and felt sick.

As I’ve gotten older, seems that at some point, I’ve turned into a fat magnet. I never had to work hard to keep in shape, but now, fat and out-of-shapeness has accumulated over these last 5 years, gross! I use to box and play football, and basically, I use to kick ass!

Tomorrow is HSM day!!!
Grilled chicken, broccoli, green beans, a little brown rice, and a huge green salad…I’m excited!

So, after my last post, and after I was well rested, I went back and did my last two circuits: 7:53.0 and 10:98.3. Woooo, it v burnsssssss!

Day 8: HSM Day!!! It was tasty! Felt rewarding, and I now feel ready for another week.

Did my Monday weight lifting: 35x10, 10, 10, 10; 20x12, 9, 6, 6, 7; 20x10, 10, 8, 7, 5; and 20/25.

The scale said that I’m down 6lbs as of this morning. I’ll do measurements at the halfway mark.

Day 9: Easy. Recovery Day. NEPA done as usual.

Day 10: In the beginning, well, for workout 1 and 2, Surge didn’t go down well. Now, I so look forward to that Surge, It’s so yummy.

Today was work out #6: 45x16, 16, 12, 7; 25x16, 12, 10, 8, 8; 15x11, 9, 7, 5, 4, 5, 5, 4; 25/25, 25/25.

Day 12: Holding strong. Just did my Friday weight lifting: 65x9, 8, 9, 8, 6; 20x9, 6, 6, 5, 5, 5, 5; 45x10, 8, 7, 7, 5, 4; 20/20/20. Today I feel exhausted, my morning walk was at a slower then normal pace, so I walked further then normal.

I’m so hungry for HSM day (three days away), I can barely wait.

I have a confession to make - my daughter has Dutch Dill Pickle Chips in the fridge, last night I stuck my face in the bag and took a long sniff…then, I did it, I licked a chip…I didn’t bite it, or eat it, and, of course I didn’t put it back in the bag, I threw it in the trash - but yes, I licked a potato chip :(.

I don’t know what to say, I guess all I can say is that it is good you didn’t eat it
(or the rest of the bag). Obviously once you licked it you realized it wasn’t all you expected or wanted.

Stick with it you’re almost half way!!!