chest lower= 41in
waist navel= 34in
waist at largest= 35in
hips= 41in
upper arm(L/R)= 13in/13in
upper leg(L/R)= 23in/23in
lower leg(L/R)= 16in/16in
Ankle(L/R)= 9.5in/9.5in

I did the prescribed workout at the gym, and it was no cake walk. 30s between sets really challenge me. I started off with 155lbs on front squat, but after 3 sets my speed dramatically decreased and I could only do 1 rep. So I took some weights off, and bump down to 135lbs. I might start off 145lbs next time.

Chin Ups, I got up to 12 reps before I could not pull myself up. So I had to switch over to lat pulldown w/ a weight of 175lbs. The last 2 exercise went off without a problem, although I under estimated how brutal the Ab wheel is. My core is still sore from it.

I notice after the workout that my knees are a bit sore. This might be due to front squat form. Will have to be more aware of it, when I do the exercise. Is there any tips that I can use to take care of my knees?

The shakes are good, but I do feel hungry at times, and the strawberry flavor is well… the least appealing out of all the flavors. Oh well, just have to push on with it then.

As for the NEPA I had a total of 30mins of walking today in the rain. Surprisingly it was pretty fun, navigating my way around ponds of puddles. I guess I’m covered on that.

Pics will follow, just waiting for battery to charge.

Day 3

just finish the workout for wednesday. Gotta say so far so good, except I find myself getting hungry in between meals. Is this normal or will I get use to it after my 1st week what do you guys do when you stumble during the diet?

Also, I know I tripped up today with the weekly HSM. I was at my parents’ house and the food there wasnt too condusive for the diet. Although I didnt eat anything unhealthy, its the what I didn’t eat, what’s really bugging me. I had 2 servings of salmon, 2 servings of lean meat, orange, and an apple. There was no veggies and the only carbohydrates source was white rice. And as this wasnt enough, I carelessly took an extra fish oil cap. Instead of taking 5, I took 6 today. This just makes me so angry, because of the cost of the supps and now I’m stumbling very early in the game. How do you guys deal with stumbles and overcome then in the future???

Here’s the last one

Hey! Where are you playing V-Diet from? It doesn’t say in your info.

For your front squat issue: you’re probably just pushing your knees in front of your toes - stay conscious and you should be fine. Semi-related, you may leaning forward onto the tops of your toes when you push up, which would put more stress on the stabilizing ligaments of your knee. Basically, push off through your heels and concentrate on keeping your chest up.
Maybe your sneakers are too raised in the heels and are therefore forcing the top of your feet to bear more of the weight?
You appear to have enough quad size to handle the front squat, so it may be weak hams/glutes that arent firing, and letting your quads take over - which would also bother the knees. A side pic may help rule that out, though.

Anywho, hope that gave you some insight…any other questions, let me know, I can try to help!

Keep at it, you look like you’ll see some good results!

Yo man, welcome. Polsen’s advice for your squatting is pretty good. Also, focus on forcing your knees out on both the eccentric and concenctric. Imagine you have a rubber band across your kneecaps and are trying to keep it as tight as possible throughout every rep. Keep your chest up–this should be the first thing that comes up out of the hole. Also, if you are falling forward, mentally force your toes up off the ground–this will push the weight back onto your heels and center of your foot.

About your HSM: why are you doing it on Day 3? Not that its a bad thing, I was just curious. I actually did my first one 3 or 4 days in when I did the diet last year, and I found it was pretty helpful to getting through the first week. That being said, you gotta plan better man. You get to eat once a week, don’t blow it! Make sure you’ve got all your shit on hand to make a proper meal. About the extra fish oil cap, I wouldn’t sweat it too much. Just make sure you plan better next time.

Best
Nate

@ Polsen714: I’m from Massachusetts, if that’s what you were asking. Thanks for the advice on proper front squat form. I’ll post s side pic when I get the chance, but just by looking at the picture I may have a quad/ hamstring imbalance.

@ VTBalla34: I’ll definitely picture rubber bands on my legs next week. Also I chose to do my weekly HSM on day 3 because it coincided with a family obligation that was planned months ago. Is there something wrong about having the HSM early in the week?

About the fish oil incident I just decided that since yesterday was my HSM and calories aren’t really an issue, the extra capsule could be part of the HSM. Is this a good way of putting it or am I just wishfully thinking here?

Just wanted to wish you luck! I’m just now starting my diet today. :slight_smile: From the looks of your pics it seems you have a lot of potential! You’re gonna look awesome once you finish! Just keep up the hard work, we’ll be rooting for you!

Hi monarch43

First i’d like to wish you a properous V-diet, i started mine yesterday.

About the sore knees, you seem to have a small allignment problem in your legs.
Keep in mind that your knees shouldn’t fall inward when you squat, this could cause knee problems.
I’m no expert, but i advise you to look into this.

/edit and do what VTBalla34 says :slight_smile:

[quote]monarch43 wrote:
@ Polsen714: I’m from Massachusetts, if that’s what you were asking. Thanks for the advice on proper front squat form. I’ll post s side pic when I get the chance, but just by looking at the picture I may have a quad/ hamstring imbalance.

About the fish oil incident I just decided that since yesterday was my HSM and calories aren’t really an issue, the extra capsule could be part of the HSM. Is this a good way of putting it or am I just wishfully thinking here?[/quote]

Yes, that it what I was asking, sorry!

Yeah, that would really be my guess - and kind of what I was getting at with needing a side pic - because it may be the cause of an anterior pelvic tilt. They tend to build really strong/big quads, while neglecting the hams/glutes. This can lead to a PCL injury - I know this because it happened to me. I pretty much had to stop working my quads for a while. But at this point, to start working on the hams, when you do the reverse lunges in workout 2 focus on keeping that front knee back, and again, really driving through the heel. Sooooo, really your goals should always be to never use your toes for anything, haha.

Re: fish oils…I think you’ll be fine, lol. If you remember in time, take a gram and a half of PB away at night - which is really a little tiny bit.

The fishoil was part of your HSM. I wouldn’t worry about it. Though I am curious as to why you took it. did you just forget how many you had for the day? Im sure you didn’t get any sort of enjoyment out of it! haha

As for the timing of your HSM, I’d say its fine. That’s what I did last year. Started on a Thursday and had my HSM on Sundays. It was nice because you only had to do 4 days without food to start, and made the first week a lot easier. Also made the back end easier because you got an HSM and then only a few days until you got 1 a day HSM’s. I’m actually kinda pissed I’m starting on a Sunday this year and won’t have that going for me.

It was a careless mistake. I took one cap, then ran upstairs to get my bottle. Normally I take my fish oil after my shake. Once I drank my shake, I instnctly opened the bottle and swallowed a cap.

Day 6

So I finished my 3rd workout yesterday, out of the 4 exercise in the intermediate I found Hand Walkouts to be awkward. Probably because it was my first time doing it, but I’m confident my form will improve.
Since this is my rest day I’ve been reading up on squat and deadlift form. Going back to the basics. Since I’m doing 20 or 40 reps for a short amount of time, I’ve noticed I am sacrificing a little of my form over speed and reps. It’s especially horrendous during the last few reps.

BTW I finally got the side pic! Here it is.

Day 10

Haven’t been in here awhile, just busy trying to keep up with the diet and a hectic week schedule. But I finished my first week of V-Diet and I am impress at the results so far. I’ve already lost 8.5lbs! Also, what I’m really impress about is that I’m not so hungry as the first week. It really helps me stay focus and stick it out to the end. The first time I did the V Challenge I struggled. It got to the point that I was taxing my body, so I had to stop. Looking forward to this weekend and improve on it.

[quote]monarch43 wrote:
Day 10

Haven’t been in here awhile, just busy trying to keep up with the diet and a hectic week schedule. But I finished my first week of V-Diet and I am impress at the results so far. I’ve already lost 8.5lbs! Also, what I’m really impress about is that I’m not so hungry as the first week. It really helps me stay focus and stick it out to the end. The first time I did the V Challenge I struggled. It got to the point that I was taxing my body, so I had to stop. Looking forward to this weekend and improve on it.[/quote]

Damn, 8.5lbs! That’s awesome!

Day 27

Well, I’m almost done with phase 1 of the diet and I’m impress at how much fat I lost. I’ll probably post my results so far after work today. Before, head into phase 2, I have a couple of questions about the prescribed workouts:

1. Is there a difference in form between Romanian deadlift and the normal deadlift?
  2. If there is, then what specific muscle group or groups should I keep in mind when doing the Romanian deadlift?

[quote]monarch43 wrote:
Day 27

Well, I’m almost done with phase 1 of the diet and I’m impress at how much fat I lost. I’ll probably post my results so far after work today. Before, head into phase 2, I have a couple of questions about the prescribed workouts:

1. Is there a difference in form between Romanian deadlift and the normal deadlift?
  2. If there is, then what specific muscle group or groups should I keep in mind when doing the Romanian deadlift? [/quote]

Hey, yeah there is a difference…#1 and #2 do a great job at telling you in very simple words…plus the article is really awesome: http://www.tmuscle.com/free_online_article/sports_body_training_performance/dissecting_the_deadlift

*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Disclaimer: Individual results may vary.