Biotest

Modifying V-Diet to Add I,BODYBUILDER Principles

Hey all,

First off, quick summary about me: ex-bball player, current fatass. 6’7", 270. I’m in a “Physique Development” class in University wherein we workout at an ancient gym. The lack of Max Racks (for pins), and the fact that I desperately need to cut (while adding lean mass if possible) has lead me away from I,BODYBUILDER and into V-Diet.

However, I was doing I,BODYBUILDER for a couple weeks before starting class, and I’m absolutely in love with the way the principles outlined therein differ from a standard split.

So, I’m looking for some help: is there any sort of “middle ground” or modification I can make to the V-Diet workout to bring it more into line with the neurological principles in I,BODYBUILDER??

Any suggestions would be much appreciated. And if this isn’t the right place for this question, mods, kill the thread.

Thanks,
Eric

[quote]FlowState wrote:
Hey all,

First off, quick summary about me: ex-bball player, current fatass. 6’7", 270. I’m in a “Physique Development” class in University wherein we workout at an ancient gym. The lack of Max Racks (for pins), and the fact that I desperately need to cut (while adding lean mass if possible) has lead me away from I,BODYBUILDER and into V-Diet.

However, I was doing I,BODYBUILDER for a couple weeks before starting class, and I’m absolutely in love with the way the principles outlined therein differ from a standard split.

So, I’m looking for some help: is there any sort of “middle ground” or modification I can make to the V-Diet workout to bring it more into line with the neurological principles in I,BODYBUILDER??

Any suggestions would be much appreciated. And if this isn’t the right place for this question, mods, kill the thread.

Thanks,
Eric[/quote]

The I, Bodybuilder program definitely contains some cool training principles. But it also contains it’s own peri-workout protocol that best fits that type of training. Doing half of one effective program and half of another effective program may not add up into one good plan.

Now, it’s not that the V-Diet training program is the ONLY plan that will work with the diet, but it has been designed to go along with that type of plan so the dieter doesn’t do too much (overtraining, muscle loss, burnout), or too little (less-than-great results.)

I think that to find out what works best for you, it’s best not to mix 'n max. “Chase two rabbits and both will escape.”

To be brutally honest, I need to shut the hell up and just go. I certainly appreciate your quick responses, both here and in the other thread, but I think that part of my over-analysis of this plan is just another way to dither and stall.

I’m gonna do CT’s “fat destroyer” with a clean diet for the next couple of weeks, and save up some cash so that I can give the V-Diet its due.

It’s time to STFU and lift. Thanks again for your responses, and hopefully I’ll be soon putting up a log to track my results. Time to get it done.

Sounds like your attitude and determination level are right where they need to be for a major transformation, whatever battle plan you choose. Keep us posted!

flow, definetly start up a log and take good before during and after pics it really helps. and on the note of combining the 2 i’d say kill the v-diet, then when you’re lean jump right into iBB. I think Dan John said in one of his mass gaining articles that the anabolic swing is really powerful after a diet, so that’s the best time to bulk up.

I think this was the one