Biotest

MMA and V-Diet

I wonder if I can skip the NEPA and keep my MMA trainings.

I trained 5 days a week: Kick Boxing Mon, Wed and Fri. Brazilian Jiu Jitsu Tues and Thurs.

Saturday is a free open mat day.

Suanday rest day (here can make my NEPA).

Anyways my kick boxing training involve a lot of plyometrics, lunges, HIIT (High Intense Interval Training), etc.

My BJJ training involve a lot of resistance training: push-ups, burpee’s, a lot of jogging, ground fighting (witch is pretty much a lot of full body workout).

I’m wating for your comment here. Ohhh one last thing… my V-Diet Workout as you can see are on my Kick Boxing days. :smiley:

[quote]la_muerte wrote:
Hello Chris,

I trained 5 days a week: Kick Boxing Mon, Wed and Fri. Brazilian Jiu Jitsu Tues and Thurs.

Anyways my kick boxing training involve a lot of plyometrics, lunges, HIIT (High Intense Interval Training), etc.

My BJJ training involve a lot of resistance training: push-ups, burpee’s, a lot of jogging, ground fighting (witch is pretty much a lot of full body workout).

I’m wating for your comment here. Ohhh one last thing… my V-Diet Workout as you can see are on my Kick Boxing days. :D[/quote]

You didn’t really specify, are you doing the V-Diet?

What is your goal? From your workout, you look like you are training for MMA. The V-Diet’s goal is fat loss. If your workout is different than the V-Diet workout, then you aren’t really doing the V-Diet.

I’m not knocking your goals at all. Training for MMA is awesome and a worthwhile goal, but if you are trying to lose weight via the V-Diet, you need to do the V-Diet workouts.

You just won’t have the energy for all that other stuff. I’m sure that Chris or others can give you the scientific reasonings with calories, muscle loss, energy, etc, but I know from personal experience of what a bad idea it is to try and do other activities while V-Dieting. I thought I could still play hockey while on the V Diet, and quickly found out that it was a bad idea. I just didn’t have the energy or stamina. So I stopped for 4 weeks and came back to the ice rink a lot lighter and a lot better player.

[quote]hockeydawg wrote:

[quote]la_muerte wrote:

You just won’t have the energy for all that other stuff. I’m sure that Chris or others can give you the scientific reasonings with calories, muscle loss, energy, etc, but I know from personal experience of what a bad idea it is to try and do other activities while V-Dieting. I thought I could still play hockey while on the V Diet, and quickly found out that it was a bad idea. I just didn’t have the energy or stamina. So I stopped for 4 weeks and came back to the ice rink a lot lighter and a lot better player.
[/quote]

Thanks Hockeydawg I guess that last part help with my question… You did just what i’m trying to do… keep my mma training instead of NEPA and do the V-DIET WORKOUTS… :smiley:

Hey Chris,

I’m a 23 year old male, in the medical field (training to be an RN with a Major in Dietetics). I lost a bunch of “weight” back in '07, around the time I stumbled upon this website. I’ve been obsessed with cutting edge nutrition and fitness ever since. I’ve added a bit of muscle and tried various diets since and have followed V-Diet even through it’s infancy (back when it was still experimental).

Now that I can make a decent amount of money, I was considering saving up to buy a round of V-Diet goodness to finally squash my food addiction (been to see therapists and currently on anti-depressants due to a binge eating disorder). Not only that but I want to see definition like I’ve never seen in my body and have people look at me and know I work out.

I’m on my fourth week of P90X (still a newb when it comes to training, alas too much reading and not enough doing), and after reading “Why We Get Fat” I’ve been crazy about the low carb diets, not counting calories and eating copious amounts of fat and protein. I’ve noticed fairly decent gains and amounts of energy but fat loss is pretty much non existent (well, I’ve only done the diet for oh, maybe a full month with a few slips here and there). I know this probably has to do with the amount of Calories I’ve been taking in. I know the book talks about how calories don’t really count but I can’t help but think that they should, at least a little.

All that junk being said (sorry this is running long), I have a few questions:

1. You mentioned a list of auxiliary supplements. Would a multi-vitamin/mineral be suitable for the diet or do you just recommend ZMA?

2. I work 12 hour shifts at the Hospital as a CNA. Usually working two to four days consecutively. What I’ve been doing for P90X is using my work days as my recovery days (makes for hella good NEPA) and working extra hard on my off days (P90X workouts, Steady State Cardio in the am and Chad’s PLP program). Would this kind of scheduling suffice for the V-Diet workouts? Or would it be less than optimal?

3. Would you suggest foam rolling/stretching/yoga or any other sort of mobility supplementation to the workouts?

I’m going to continue to scour the forums and read as much as I can in following months and make the leap. I’m so pissed off (in a good way) and ready to bust my ass for the best body I’ve ever had! Thank you in advance for keeping up with this.

[quote]Rob_153 wrote:
Hey Chris,

I’m a 23 year old male, in the medical field (training to be an RN with a Major in Dietetics). I lost a bunch of “weight” back in '07, around the time I stumbled upon this website. I’ve been obsessed with cutting edge nutrition and fitness ever since. I’ve added a bit of muscle and tried various diets since and have followed V-Diet even through it’s infancy (back when it was still experimental).

Now that I can make a decent amount of money, I was considering saving up to buy a round of V-Diet goodness to finally squash my food addiction (been to see therapists and currently on anti-depressants due to a binge eating disorder). Not only that but I want to see definition like I’ve never seen in my body and have people look at me and know I work out.

I’m on my fourth week of P90X (still a newb when it comes to training, alas too much reading and not enough doing), and after reading “Why We Get Fat” I’ve been crazy about the low carb diets, not counting calories and eating copious amounts of fat and protein. I’ve noticed fairly decent gains and amounts of energy but fat loss is pretty much non existent (well, I’ve only done the diet for oh, maybe a full month with a few slips here and there). I know this probably has to do with the amount of Calories I’ve been taking in. I know the book talks about how calories don’t really count but I can’t help but think that they should, at least a little.

All that junk being said (sorry this is running long), I have a few questions:

1. You mentioned a list of auxiliary supplements. Would a multi-vitamin/mineral be suitable for the diet or do you just recommend ZMA?

2. I work 12 hour shifts at the Hospital as a CNA. Usually working two to four days consecutively. What I’ve been doing for P90X is using my work days as my recovery days (makes for hella good NEPA) and working extra hard on my off days (P90X workouts, Steady State Cardio in the am and Chad’s PLP program). Would this kind of scheduling suffice for the V-Diet workouts? Or would it be less than optimal?

3. Would you suggest foam rolling/stretching/yoga or any other sort of mobility supplementation to the workouts?

I’m going to continue to scour the forums and read as much as I can in following months and make the leap. I’m so pissed off (in a good way) and ready to bust my ass for the best body I’ve ever had! Thank you in advance for keeping up with this.[/quote]

1. If you’re taking Superfood, then you really don’t need a multi. I think most people need extra Vit. D though.

2. The most optimal V-Diet workout plan is the V-Diet workout plan. You really need to join gym and drop the infomercial workouts. You need weights.

3. Yes. Always a good idea.

[quote]la_muerte wrote:
Hello Chris,

I’m wating for your comment here. Ohhh one last thing… my V-Diet Workout as you can see are on my Kick Boxing days. :D[/quote]

For best results with the V-Diet plan, do the V-Diet plan.

Chris I’m almost there to the V-Diet… one final question… can I use animal pak and ZMA with all the V-Diet products (include HOT-ROX)?

ZMA is perfectly fine.

What’s in Animal Pak these days? If it’s just vitamins then it’s fine.

Chris can I do 2 weeks of Intermediate Training and 2 weeks and 2 Phase of Advaced Training??

[quote]la_muerte wrote:
Chris can I do 2 weeks of Intermediate Training and 2 weeks and 2 Phase of Advaced Training??[/quote]

Sure.

Chris… I’m a “virtuous” electric guitar player… a lot of forearm working… Can I count playing 1 hour as NEPA?.. I play a lot of hard riff and “solo” stuff… from Metallica to Neo-Clasical Metal

Sure, but you have to jump around a little and do that Pete Townshend arm-swingy thing.

Thanks God… I’m Done with the Old grandpa Style Morning Walking as NEPA… Hello Metallica and Testament :smiley:

Hello Chris… I just finished my 4 weeks on V-Diet… I must said that I got pretty good results with it… I’m not the 10% bodyfat dude but I got pretty leaner (I’ll upload pictures… I promise).

Here’s the thing… Since I started this program my goals changes one way or another and now I want the whole package… so I desire I’m gonna go for it… I desire to do the pulses with Poliquin German Body Composition… all this in order to became actually the 10% bodyfat dude. That’s I want to do it on July.

In that meanwhile I wanted to stay on the transition program of the V-Diet for 3 more weeks longer than the V-Diet program but I’ll up my calories intake and alternate NEPA with HIIT. The workouts days NEPA and the NON-WORKOUT HIIT… I want to goes till 3 solid meals a day… My calories will be up till’ the cut level of the carb cycling (witch I want to be my diet plan). I want to keep my metabolics, Surge (post-workout), L-Leucine, Flameout, NO HOT-ROX and I’ll keep my ZMA and the Animal Pak.

Shot me with your opinion on this…

Sounds pretty intense! Go for it. Just be sure to evaluate where you’re at goal-wise once per week and adjust as needed. With something new, it’s always better to be ready adjust on the fly and switch course rather than sticking to something that isn’t working for you. I’m sure you’ll do well though!

How low you think I can go with the pulse and the GBT + carb cycling if I start it at let say 13% or 12.7% bodyfat? (Of course for the 6 weeks that the GBT said to do it)

Too tough to estimate body fat. Go by the mirror and pics. The numbers mean very little.

You mean that there aren’t different recommendations you will make based on whether a person is 12.7% OR 13% bodyfat??? Come on.