Biotest

Mixing BCAA's and MAG-10?

I’m reading that BCAA’s are best consumed on an empty stomach.

I take Indigo-3G at 11:30am.

I hit the gym by 12 - 12:15, I take plazma pre and intra work out. I follow up with creatine mixed with MAG-10 post workout.

I then eat like a beast (on lift days).

Is it okay to mix BCAA’s in my MAG-10/creatine mix? Or is there a better time?

I eat a 1500 calorie meal at about 2:30 - 3pm, which I top off with an Metabolic Drive shake (maybe I throw the BCAA’s in here even though it’s fruit punch flavored?). A heavy snack at 5:30’ish. And a huge dinner no later than 7:30pm. I do not eat after 8pm as I fast until Plazma the following day.

I’m currently squeezing in 10mg BCAA’s in random times when I’m not feeling completly stuffed so I"m hoping it’s ok to mix with MAG-10/creatine.

No, do not mix BCAAs into Mag-10. It already has you well covered and it’ll disrupt the intended actions of the Mag-10 formula. Creatine (plain kind, not a carby kitchen sink mixture) is fine however. And with Plazma and Mag-10 already being used, you really don’t need extra BCAA.

This is probably a stupid question but…Plazma I know not to mess with. MAG-10 I only mix in T-Nation’s high quality creatine (per your recommendation).

But do both MAG-10 and Plazma contain BCAA’s due to its protein content? Is that what you mean when you say I’m covered?

Is it also unnecessary to throw BCAA’s into my Metabolic Drive shake, which I consume on a full stomach after a monstrous meal?

I realize you’re saying I don’t need extra BCAA but I came across CT’s, Waterbury’s and Poliquin’s BCAA protocols and they all seem to say the more the better.

Check out the product page for Mag-10: https://www.t-nation.com/store/products/mag-10 That should clear things up, especially the part about peptides.

Basically it’s never “necessary” to add additional BCAAs when you’re already using Plazma, Mag-10, Metabolic Drive etc. It’s like adding a Flintones multivitamin to a steroid cycle. What Poliquin and other were recommended 15 years ago were early attempts to accomplish what Plazma and Mag-10 do ten-times as well. And recent research has shown that BCAA alone doesn’t do much.

Remember, Mag-10 is leucine rich. No other essential amino acid or branched-chain amino acid stimulates muscle protein synthesis to the degree that leucine does.

[quote]Chris Shugart wrote:
Check out the product page for MAG-10: https://www.T-Nation.com/store/products/MAG-10 That should clear things up, especially the part about peptides.

Basically it’s never “necessary” to add additional BCAAs when you’re already using Plazma, MAG-10, Metabolic Drive etc. It’s like adding a Flintones multivitamin to a steroid cycle. What Poliquin and other were recommended 15 years ago were early attempts to accomplish what Plazma and MAG-10 do ten-times as well. And recent research has shown that BCAA alone doesn’t do much.

Remember, MAG-10 is leucine rich. No other essential amino acid or branched-chain amino acid stimulates muscle protein synthesis to the degree that leucine does.[/quote]

gotcha. Thank you