Biotest

Mitchor Ruby's V-Diet Starts 5/5

Well yesterday was my first day and it was miserable. Energy level was fine in the morning, then I did my walk and hit a wall. I didn’t really want to use the HOT-ROX but I might have to.

Im 36yo 6’4 260 prob around 30%bf so I took 6 shakes yesterday. Im really having a tough time drinking these. They’re really disgusting to me and I actually started to throw up my last shake but kept it down (i’ve tried mixing flavors, putting sugar free flavor in and thats it.)

For whatver reason my workout was def the best part of my day. Plenty of energy and yummy Surge after. I was dead tired all afternoon and then had a really tough time sleeping.

Had my morning shake today and it was OK but really any liquid at this point is making me gag. Im going to try going down to 5 shakes today with 2 1/2 scoops and see if that helps. Hunger and fatigue are really no worry to me, it’s the taste of the shakes and just pure voulume of liquid in my stomach (bloated but hungery)thats killin me.

OK i’m ready for the “suck it up weenie” rants… hit me.

MR

Give us more info about your shakes. Are you using Metabolic Drive? How much water are you using? Are you using any ice? What are your recipes? Are you making the chocolate Metabolic Drive + peanut butter shake? That one is pretty good, imho.

I ask because Metabolic Drive truly is the tastiest shakes I’ve ever had. Too much water really is just too much water and it makes me bloated too; I add just enough water to cover the powder, keeps the water volume down and makes the shake a little thicker/more substantial. I add one ice cube; again, makes it more substantial.

Also, try a vanilla + pumpkin pie spice shake. That frickin’ spice was $5 at the store but totally worth it.

Keep going, these are just some kinks. I’m on Day 4 right now and feeling pretty good; other than constant hunger pangs. Oh, and fyi, I’m also taking HOT-ROX.

Thanks for the reply Nathan,
Yeah Im using Metabolic Drive. The only other shake Iv’e tried is Muscle Milk (just a few shakes cause some guy was drinking them her at work.) I have no prob with Muscle Milk but I know it sucks for calories and stuff.

I probably use 12oz of water and put in the fridge to get it cold. Really the only thing Iv’e done is mixing flavors and some Davinci sugar free caramel juice. I’ll search the site for some different recipe’s. Hopefully I just get used to it.

MR

On day 3. It’s still rough. I constantly feel like im on the verge of pukin. Pushing forward. We have our second kid on the way and my wife felt like she was constantly on the verge of pukin for a couple months, so if she can do it so can i.

MR

Well here I am on the morning of day 4 and I think I may have turned the corner. My body seems to getting used to being in this state. I’ve been pluggin my nose to down the shakes and it seems to be workin. In the begining I was constantly thinking about how bad this sucks, that I wasn’t really thinking about or dealing with day to day life. Just sort of in this V-Diet comma.

Now I feel like i’m participating more in conversations and gettin out and doin shit and I think thats a good sign. I realize it’s really early and there will be lots of hurdles, but this is my early observation.

workout was tough yesterday. no energy.

Onward,
MR

Man I am on day 2 and I feel the same exact way. I’ve never been a big fan of protein shakes as they always seem to make me feel more hungry. Even though you aren’t liking the shakes, trust me, Biotest makes some of the best tasting ones out there. It could be a lot worse. I am definitely hating life right now though. I just want some food!

Morning 5
Yesterday was weird… felt pretty good all morning but the afternoon SUCKED. Really hungry, light headed, tired. I did figure out something yesterday afternoon. I work in an office so sitting here at my computer all day obsessing about how bad this sucks and how bad I feel. On Thursdays I teach guitar in the afternoon. During my lessons when I was talking to students and thinking about music I was fine. I might have rambled a little more, but felt fine. Bottom line… this is all mental.

I havent been fiendin for any food at all really. Have’nt thought about stopping cause I want to eat something… I want to stop because I feel like shit.

Keepin
MR

Don’t quit man! It is tough to get started. I hated the first week or so when I had my first go around. Trust me, and I am sure others will agree, week 2 does get better.

I think Chris mentioned at a post somewhere in these forums that a small % of people do experience flue like symptoms or some nausea when getting started. This could be your body reacting due to a drastic change in prior eating habit and food choices. Stick with it, you will be happy you did when you see the final results.

[quote]Falco1 wrote:
Don’t quit man! It is tough to get started. I hated the first week or so when I had my first go around. Trust me, and I am sure others will agree, week 2 does get better. I think Chris mentioned at a post somewhere in these forums that a small % of people do experience flue like symptoms or some nausea when getting started. This could be your body reacting due to a drastic change in prior eating habit and food choices. Stick with it, you will be happy you did when you see the final results.[/quote]

Thanks for the words of encouragement Falco! I really appreciate it!

haha dude yeah im on the diet as we speak, same day you started. I was nauseous as hell and felt like absolute s*** for the first 2-4 days, n then i started takng potassium pills from target. maybe its just a weird coincidence but i feel great now.

Saturday afternoon day 6. My first weekend day and its been OK. I went and got a yard of gravel, unloaded it, raked it and tamped it (might have been pushin it a little with that AND im counting that as my NEPA.) Yesterdays workout was pretty rough, but after I pounded my Surge (oh how I love the sweet nectar of the gods), and took a shower I felt pretty good. As I was blow drying my hair, I noticed something. A change. a NOTICEABLE change in my body in 5 days. I got really excited about that and had a great afternoon. Slept like a rock last night which felt great. One more shake and then its Sunday which is my eat day. I swear I’m going to eat 37 fish tacos:) JK.

Oh also I figured out what was wrong with me Thursday afternoon. Thursday morning I filled my gallon container with water and then some Crystal Light and drank atleast a half gallon of that. When I explained that to some friends, they all said that Crystal Light is kinda sketchy and makes them feel weird. I checked the ingredients Friday and there is some weird shit in there. So NO MORE CRYSTAL LIGHT for me. Had none on Friday and felt pretty damn good.

Tommorow morning is my first weight in. I’ll put up my measurents and stuff then.

Word,
MR

[quote]MitchorRuby wrote:
Falco1 wrote:
Don’t quit man! It is tough to get started. I hated the first week or so when I had my first go around. Trust me, and I am sure others will agree, week 2 does get better. I think Chris mentioned at a post somewhere in these forums that a small % of people do experience flue like symptoms or some nausea when getting started. This could be your body reacting due to a drastic change in prior eating habit and food choices. Stick with it, you will be happy you did when you see the final results.

Thanks for the words of encouragement Falco! I really appreciate it![/quote]

Anytime man. I am going through it now as well. Today was day 6 for me too. Just had my HSM. Keep it up bro.

[quote]nadyhin wrote:
haha dude yeah im on the diet as we speak, same day you started. I was nauseous as hell and felt like absolute s*** for the first 2-4 days, n then i started takng potassium pills from target. maybe its just a weird coincidence but i feel great now. [/quote]

Next stop… Target.

Thanks man.

MR

Day 7 went well. I was obssesed with my meal all day. I had 3 corn fish tacos and they were incredible. The flavor was great, but the texture… letuce has never tasted so good. The real meal is crucial. I felt so good after it. It was a great closing to a rough first week and got me in the right mindset to start week 2. Here are my first week results:

Measurements
Weight 255 -> 247 -8 lbs
Belly 44 -> 42 -2
R Up Leg 25 -> 24.5 -.5
R Lower Leg 16.5 same
R Ankle 9.5 same
Chest 46 -> 45 -1
Upper Ab 42 same
Shoulders 54 -> 52.5 -1.5
R Up Arm 14 -> 13.5 -.5
L Up Arm 13.5 -> 13.25 -.25
Neck 18 -> 17.25 -.75

All in all really happy with this week. For my NEPA I did bare minimum last week (30min 3.5mph treadmill), so now that I’m gettin used to this I will step that up this week. I did basically a 2 x 8 full body workout 3 days last week so I’ll step that up too.

Day 8 was the easiest so far. It was like a regular day. a little hungry here and there, but nothing major. My workout was great and I had a lot of energy. Nothing more to say really just a great day.

One thing that was tough was food. The thought of food. I’ve been so obssesed with how bad the diet sucks I have’nt even thought about food. Yesterday I really thought a lot about how good food is. I kept flipping back to the food network. I must be a glutton for punishment. That douche Emeril made an incredible salad and then added hockey puck sized, browned, slices of mozarella cheese. I almost busted a nut. Keepin on.

MR

Day 9. When I read “week 2 is really tough” I was really worried because week 1 really sucked for me. Don’t get me wrong week 2 (so far) is not super easy… just different.

Week 1 was tough because my body was hurtin. I was hungry, tired and on the verge of puking up anything I drank. Now that I’m used to that its no prob. It actually kinda feels good. I feel a little lighter and a lot cleaner.

Week 2 is tough because I want to eat. EVERYTHING looks good. I haven’t eaten meat (except fish) in 10 years, and steaks, ribs and burgers sound really good (keep in mind I have had less than 10 steaks in my life, just never cared for it.) I’m defenitely fiendin for veggies, but I’m always fiendin veggies. I hate fruit, but after my HSM on Sunday I had a handful of blueberries because they sounded sooo good (and they were.)

So at this point week 2 is the Week of cravings and my cravings are all over the place.

Oh here’s what my eating schedule has been:

7:00 Emergence-C
8:00:00 Shake FS x 4g
11:00:00 Shake BF x 4g
2:00:00 Shake FO x 2
5:00:00 Shake FS x 4g
8:00:00 2 x eggs, 1 tbsp PB, FO x 2, anti oxidant cocktail (vitamins)
10:00:00 Shake

That gets me to about 270g protein, 60carb, 25g fiber, 40g fat. That gets my calories to 1703 and I should be at 1700.

MR

Day 10 was great. Good energy all day. I’m used to the shakes now and they’re no prob goin down (except orange.) My workout was really good! Thats about it. Just pluggin away.

MR

Day 11.
Still goin strong. People are starting to notice. Luckily all my family, friends and co-workers are real supportive. Got my Superfood and Strawberry Metabolic Drive. The Superfood is Super lumpy and doesn’t mix well although I just use a shaker. Might need to bust out the blender.

Wow why didnt soebody say how great the strawberry was. Not only is it tolerable but its actually damm good. I ordered 2 more choc and 2 more vanil before I tried the strawberyy, and now im wishin i’d just gone all strawberry. I guess variety is good. Got some BCAA’s comin tommorow so I’ll start incorporating those. Weigh in and Measure on Sundany and then…Cioppino!!

MR

Day 12

Pretty good day. damm tired though. My son woke up at 4am then 5am so I didn’t really sleep after 4. Got up for a 6:30 tee time. Golf was good. I played pretty well for me (87) but more importantly my swing felt better. Lighter, easier. it was nice. The rest of the day was fine and I had another great workout. Early to bed.

MR

Day 13

ROUGH. This was probably my toughest day this week. It was 87(pretty hot for seattle.) and it was yardwork day at my grandmas. This is not just pulling some weeds. My Grandma likes a garden OVERHAUL every year so it was several hours of digging and haulin. Then lunch.

Everybodys eatin sandwiches and I drink my shake. Damm. I just never caught up with energy or hunger the rest of the day. My body just really wanted to eat. I was glad to finally go to sleep and get the day over.
Tommorow is food, weigh in, food, masurements, food… oh yeah did I mention food?

MR