Biotest

Mitchor Ruby's Final Results w/Pics

test

Side

Back

Front Flexed

Back Flexed

The pictures are from the day before I started the diet, and 28 days later.

Measurements:

Weight 255 > 237 -18
Belly 44 > 39 -5
Up Leg 25 > 25 0
Lower Leg 16.5 > 16.5 0
Ankle 9.5 > 9.5 0
Chest 46 > 43 -3
Upper Ab 42 > 40 -2
Shoulders 54 > 49 -5
R Up Arm 14 > 12.5 -1.5
L Up Arm 13.5 > 12.25 -1.25
Neck 18 > 16.5 -1.5

Thats 18lbs and 19 1/4" in 28 days. More weight loss would have been nice, BUT… ALMOST 20" IN 28 DAYS. Im definetly stoked about that.

Thanks Chris for coming up with the V-Diet and T-Nation for supplying Gus with all the supplies to do the PC. Thanks Gus for doing the VD and for writing such detailed daily entrys. Gus, your PC was very motivating, and I would not have done this if I had not read it.

Why Me:

I am not a bodybuilder and I dont aspire to be one. I know this site is for pretty hardcore lifters so I apologize for wasting bandwidth. I looked around at other sites for some guidance, but T-Nation just seemed to have the best info and articles.

My V-Diet is not an example of a guy whos been lifting for 10 years and looking to go from 14% BF down to single digits. This V-Diet is about a fat, old (36 isn’t THAT old I guess), average joe who needs to make some changes so he can watch his kids get old.

Here is my HONEST account of my V-Diet.

Workouts:
I basically did a full body workout M W F. 3 sets x 6-8 reps focusing on compound movements (squats, deadlifts, dumbbell presses, military press, weight assisted pull-ups/ dips, etc) followed by planks and other core work.

I did not follow the V-diet workout protocol because I had not been in the gym lifting weights for probably 10 years before I started the V-Diet (I started lifting a couple months before the diet.)

I did not follow the prescribed routine because I honestly could not have made it through the beginner workout. I would recommend anybody starting this diet who has not been in the gym for a while to spend 6 months getting a decent base before starting the diet.

I started this with hardly any muscle to speak of and I feel like this hindered my fat loss. With more muscle to burn more calories throughout the day I probably would have seen better results.

On the plus side, I definetly didn�??t lose any muscle and probably even put some muscle on (I really pushed myself in the workouts AND I was taking in over 270g of protein a day.)

NEPA
During the weekdays I did not miss a single walk. 30-45 min mostly on a treadmill. 3.5-4.0 mph at an incline of 1-2. Could I have done more�?� maybe. Should I have done more�?� probably.

On the weekends I did quite a bit of landscaping every weekend day for the month. I counted that as my NEPA. Could I have gone for a walk after the work? Maybe. Should I have? Probably.

Nutrition:

I used all Biotest products for my V-Diet

7am- Emergen - C
8am- Shake, Flax
11am- Shake, Fiber Choice
2pm- Shake, Flameout, Flax
5pm- Shake
8pm- 2 eggs, 1 tbsp PB, Anti Oxidant vitamins
10:30- Shake, Flameout

All shakes were 2 ½ scoops of Metabolic Drive. Those who followed my log know that I dont like the shakes at all, but here are my thoughts:

Vanilla- Best all purpose for mixing with other flavors

Strawberry- Too much on its own but great with half vanilla drive

Chocolate- A little too chocolately, but the best on its own.

Orange- Undrinkable, disgusting, yuck, blahh

Bannana- Didnt dare

I did NOT have ONE SINGLE calorie outside the plan. My HSM were all fish/veggies and small portions (I sure as hell wanted to eat more but I couldnt.) On my second HSM I poured my self a tall ass glass of wine, but only took 3 or 4 sips. Just didnt want any more.

I could have not been more strict on the nutrition side except:

• I ate my flax meal from a spoon. Some days I did not get enough flax. In hindsight I should have put them in my shakes to make sure I got enough.

• I started with the Emergen-C because I need something in the morning besides water to drink and I felt like the vitamins couldnt hurt. I never checked with Chris to see if this is OK but I dont think it hindered my results (20cals in a packet).

• I had probably 4 HOT-ROX in the entire month. I just didnt like them. They made me feel super jittery. In hindsight I should have stuck with them. Im sure I would have gotten used to them and Im sure they would have helped my fat loss.

• I substituted 2 eggs for 1 tbsp of peanut butter. I read that somebody PMd Chris and asked if that was OK and he said yes, BUT I never personally checked with him. This might mean that I technically didnt do the V-diet, but frankly I dont care.

I had 2 eggs everynight for 28 days in a row and they were incredible every night (just some salt and peper in a non stick pan.) These eggs REALLY helped me through and I honestly dont feel they hindered my desire to eat better food. (plus I had the room calorie wise.)

Halfway through I got some Superfood and BCAA. I didnt notice feeling better or having more energy with the Superfood. I had 1 serving a day for the last 2 weeks. I really liked the BCAAs. Im not sure whether they helped or not, but I felt good about taking them and thats all that counts.

As far as other drinks, I did pretty good drinking plenty of water and keeping hydrated. When I didnt, I felt like shit so I would pound water to catch up.

Crystal Light. SUCKS. Made me feel really weird.

Black Coffee A little here and there.

Green tea: A little here and there

La Croix/ Talking Rain: This stuff saved me. I probably drank 3 or 4 a day. It was refreshing and gave me some different flavors besides shakes. If you dont mind sparkling water I highly recommend it.

Overall Mood

Keep in mind I am not into bodybuilding or even serious lifting for that matter. Ive never tried a diet in my life. That being said, this thing was an emotional rollercoaster for me.

Week 1 : The first week was hell for me. All day I was coming up with ways to cut it short, add meals or just make it stop. My body hurt, I was hungry and had NO energy at al. HOT-ROX probably would have helped with that.

Week 2 : The second week was great for me. My body was used to things at this point, but now I really started to focus on food. I was obsessed with the Food Network.

Week 3: Started off great. Week 2 and 3 blew by. By the end of week 3, I was starting to get bored. The weekend was the worst since week 1. I was really ready to be done.

Week 4: Started off rough coming out of the end of week 3, but got easy. I was back in the groove and sailed through no prob.

Now What?

Actually I dont know. I still have a bit of fat to go. After the transition I will probably focus on eating healthy food and work on my cardio. I’d like to drop another 20 pounds (slowly), and then try to put a little more muscle on.

Although I was in some serious pain for the beginning, and bored toward the end, the though of cheating NEVER occurred to me. Sure I thought food sounded great ALL THE TIME, but I never went to the fridge and thought Just a little wont hurt.

That definetly surprised me. I didnt think I was that strong willed to be honest. Staying the course and following it EXACTLY was way more important to me than the any temporary satisfaction I would have got from cheating.

There is a definite change in the foods that sound good to me. One of the weirdest is meat. I have not eaten any meat (except fish) in 10 years. Wow does a steak sound good to me now. Ive never been a big fan of fruit, but damm some fruit sounds good. Oh yeah for whatever reason

I have been craving movie theater nachos. It’s weird though. A small part of me wants to eat them, but a big part of me knows that it wont taste good and will make me feel sick. I dont know if that makes sense, but thats how I feel about all junk food now.

Overall this was an really cool experience for me. I will NOT do it again, but I feel like it certainly got the ball rolling for some great long term changes in my eating and exercise habits.

Thanks for reading

MR

I see the biggest difference in your side and back pictures.

Good job

Awesome mate, great progress and thanks for your summary on the V-Diet.

I get what your’e feeling with regards to food - Im on day 5 and I’m feeling exactly the same, particularly something like the Nachos… I thought of a Chocolate bar and for some reason actually thought I was going to be sick with it… Damn strange.

I’m glad you done it all well, keep us updated with the transition and final pics of that too - would be good!

Thanks for the log, interesting read for me and im sure it will be for fellow V-Dieters or people looking to get onto it.

:slight_smile:

[quote]MitchorRuby wrote:
Now What?

Actually I dont know. I still have a bit of fat to go. After the transition I will probably focus on eating healthy food and work on my cardio. I’d like to drop another 20 pounds (slowly), and then try to put a little more muscle on.
[/quote]

WOW! Awesome job! I hate to say it, but I kinda don’t want to stop the shakes, because I have no clue what to do afterwards!
Keep it up! you must feel GREAT!

[quote]Gene_lasker wrote:
I see the biggest difference in your side and back pictures.

Good job[/quote]

Thanks

[quote]Kurlie26 wrote:
MitchorRuby wrote:
Now What?

WOW! Awesome job! I hate to say it, but I kinda don’t want to stop the shakes, because I have no clue what to do afterwards!
Keep it up! you must feel GREAT![/quote]

Thanks for following Kurlie! Keep it up, your getting close.

[quote]D4NMAN wrote:
Awesome mate, great progress and thanks for your summary on the V-Diet.

I get what your’e feeling with regards to food - Im on day 5 and I’m feeling exactly the same, particularly something like the Nachos… I thought of a Chocolate bar and for some reason actually thought I was going to be sick with it… Damn strange.

I’m glad you done it all well, keep us updated with the transition and final pics of that too - would be good!

Thanks for the log, interesting read for me and im sure it will be for fellow V-Dieters or people looking to get onto it.

:)[/quote]

Thanks for reading and thanks for the compilments. I’m glad you liked the log. Good luck with yours.

MR