Biotest

MIO for Flavor

Hey Chris. I love the diet, and I lost 5lbs in the past 8 days. All four flavors of Metabolic Drive are great and the shakes are delicious. As with anything over time however, they are getting a bit repetitious. I started experimenting with MIO water enhancer to change up the taste, and found that the two go very well together. Do you think that it would have a significant impact on the results if I were to continue this over the next few weeks of my V-Diet?

Thank you.

I believe that part of the long-term effectives of the V-Diet is a reprogramming of the taste buds. In other words, after 4 weeks of repetitious flavors, solid healthy foods often begin to taste better and bad foods lose their appeal. Taste buds are “re-wawakened” so to speak. So I kinda like the repetition and then the change in flavor of the HSM.

That said, noncaloric flavoring additions won’t ruin the fat loss effects.

I prefer to use things like cinnamon and blends of spices like apple pie spice and pumpkin spice.

[quote]Chris Shugart wrote:
I believe that part of the long-term effectives of the V-Diet is a reprogramming of the taste buds. In other words, after 4 weeks of repetitious flavors, solid healthy foods often begin to taste better and bad foods lose their appeal. Taste buds are “re-wawakened” so to speak. So I kinda like the repetition and then the change in flavor of the HSM.

That said, noncaloric flavoring additions won’t ruin the fat loss effects.

I prefer to use things like cinnamon and blends of spices like apple pie spice and pumpkin spice. [/quote]

Perhaps this is just splitting hairs and it could be from just biased sites, but I’ve read that mio ( and tasted it ) is too sweet so it might indeed reprogram your taste buds wanting overly sweet stuff.

For that purpose it could be a bad idea, but that arguably could be getting way out of the realm of normal.