Biotest

Milled Flax Serving?

This seems like a silly question, but how much is a serving of milled flax seed? I bought mine in bulk and so I don’t know how much I should be adding to my morning shake.

Thanks

[quote]heidi5272 wrote:
This seems like a silly question, but how much is a serving of milled flax seed? I bought mine in bulk and so I don’t know how much I should be adding to my morning shake.

Thanks[/quote]

About 2 tablespoons, and make sure it’s milled. Then refrigerate after opening.

I just grinded up my first batch of flax seed for the first time in 2 years! Oh, the memories of flax seed…

It’s been sitting in the basement in a big brown bag (taste fine).

The box from Biotest comes tomorrow and still waiting on my fiber tabs.

[quote]Chris Shugart wrote:

[quote]heidi5272 wrote:

Thanks[/quote]

About 2 tablespoons, and make sure it’s milled. Then refrigerate after opening. [/quote]

Thanks Chris,
I’ve been using the protein scoop… it’s definately milled…and mixed with the Superfood and the Strawberry creme protein… it almost takes like maple flavoured oatmeal…

I’m using less liquid and that makes it a lot easier to drink the shakes… I’m going to have to do this later the “right” way… but this is certainly a good stepping stone…

I dislocated my hip a few weeks ago… and the pain meds are making me nautious… I start physio on Monday so hopefully in a week or two I’ll be able to do the workout too…
thanks again…

Hei,

Im pretty sure the serving size for the flax is a table spoon. The protein scoops are rather big!

[quote]BMW63 wrote:
Hei,

Im pretty sure the serving size for the flax is a table spoon. The protein scoops are rather big!
[/quote]

Actually all the flax I’ve seen is two tablespoons (13 grams). Check the label

[quote]VTBalla34 wrote:

[quote]BMW63 wrote:
Hei,

[/quote]

Actually all the flax I’ve seen is two tablespoons (13 grams). Check the label[/quote]

I bought it online, in bulk. No label.
13 grams makes sense… is there a problem eating too much flax?

[quote]heidi5272 wrote:

[quote]VTBalla34 wrote:

[quote]BMW63 wrote:
Hei,

[/quote]

Actually all the flax I’ve seen is two tablespoons (13 grams). Check the label[/quote]

I bought it online, in bulk. No label.
13 grams makes sense… is there a problem eating too much flax? [/quote]

You’ll add calories that you don’t need. Might be tough on the digestive system too.

After having 3 scoops of MD and 1 of Surge, I’m having some gas but that is to be expected after not ingesting this type of protein for 2 years. Hopefully my GI track will get use to it.

Chris,

I finally received all of the supplements in the mail! It’s a festivus miracle! The start of my V-Diet will either be Sunday or Monday.

Fish oil store in the fridge?

And tomorrow will be my first day back in the gym. I will be sore. Praise Chris Shugart!

[quote]BMW63 wrote:
Chris,

I finally received all of the supplements in the mail! It’s a festivus miracle! The start of my V-Diet will either be Sunday or Monday.

Fish oil store in the fridge?

[/quote]

It’s usually best to store opened fish oil containers in the fridge.

Probably okay not to if you’re using the bottle right away, but I always keep mine in there.

Keep us posted!

[quote]Chris Shugart wrote:

[quote]heidi5272 wrote:

Thanks[/quote]

About 2 tablespoons, and make sure it’s milled. Then refrigerate after opening. [/quote]

Oh thank god now i know! I started the diet yesterday and was using only a teaspoon!

I was looking for the answer on the flaxseed serving size also - thanks! I was using too little.

*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Disclaimer: Individual results may vary.