Biotest

Military PT

Good evening Chris,

My wife and I are both military and starting the V-Diet, our biggest concern is that our morning PT sessions are out of control and are 4-5 times a week for an hour. Usually running, hills, or circuit training.

I was thinking that we should stick with the diet as normal for the first week and if we feel any ill effects up it a scoop a day for week 2. What would you suggest?

[quote]moosy wrote:
Good evening Chris,

My wife and I are both military and starting the V-Diet, our biggest concern is that our morning PT sessions are out of control and are 4-5 times a week for an hour. Usually running, hills, or circuit training.

I was thinking that we should stick with the diet as normal for the first week and if we feel any ill effects up it a scoop a day for week 2. What would you suggest?[/quote]

Sounds reasonable.

Yes, good plan. And of course you can skip the NEPA walks if you’d like. Keep us posted!

Will do, you probably won’t hear from us much unless we run in to problems but I’ll be sure to post some before and afters.

[quote]Chris Shugart wrote:
Yes, good plan. And of course you can skip the NEPA walks if you’d like. Keep us posted![/quote]

Hi Chris,

The Diet has been going pretty good and the workouts have been kicking my ass, especially tonight.

I got through my 315x40 on deadlift and 185x40 on bench and progressively felt worse with every set. Before my last set on bench I’m pretty sure I fell asleep as I was setting up.

I got 4 pullups in and felt like I was about to pass out, crawled up the stairs to the kitchen and eventually to bed and slept for an hour straight. I got up and had my Surge, and some salt water and I’m starting to feel better.

I was wondering if you can recommend anything to prevent this from happening again.

Lower the weight? longer rest? Salt my shakes? I need a way to make it through this. I don’t think I could handle this everytime I workout.

First, sip your Surge during your workout, then finish it right after. Don’t wait an hour.

Second, make sure you’re doing the training correctly by reading the full instructions in the V-Diet plan. A lot of people only read the printout and do it incorrectly.

Lastly, it could be the morning PT making you over-do things given the restrictions of the diet.

I’m going to try sipping on Surge during the workout.

I’ve read the V-Diet many times, I didn’t do a straight set of 40, my deadlift went, 8,8,8,6,5,5. and similar with bench. The rest periods seem to fly by, my conditioning definitely needs this.

The diet is clearly working, I lost 10 lbs this week, and a few inches here and there, but it’s made me realize just how much fat I have, as the visual difference isn’t much. I’m going to try sipping on surge during next weeks workouts and report back. Thanks Chris.

[quote]moosy wrote:
I’m going to try sipping on Surge during the workout.

I’ve read the V-Diet many times, I didn’t do a straight set of 40, my deadlift went, 8,8,8,6,5,5. and similar with bench. The rest periods seem to fly by, my conditioning definitely needs this.

The diet is clearly working, I lost 10 lbs this week, and a few inches here and there, but it’s made me realize just how much fat I have, as the visual difference isn’t much. I’m going to try sipping on surge during next weeks workouts and report back. Thanks Chris.[/quote]
I havent really lost weight ;(