Biotest

Milgirl's Journey

Started V-Diet yesterday. Did my first intermediate WO. Front squats are hard. I don’t think I was holding the bar correctly because my wrists hurt. I started with 115, but couldn’t get the bar on my shoulders. I normally lift 135 for back with 8-10 reps, so this surprised me. I settled at 95#. I need to watch some YouTube for form on front squats. I’m sure my wrists aren’t supposed to hurt.

With the short breaks, I was out of the gym in no time.

My dumbbell press was 35#, I can go up on this. It’s so funny when the military men look at me like “Why is this short overweight woman lifting so heavy” and I look at them like “Why are you not??” I don’t understand why a man would even thing of picking up 20# DBs for benchpress.

Did 130 on lat pulls. I can go up on this too. I started at 110, that turned into my warm-up set…way too light.

Ab roll kicked my butt. I didn’t think I was going to make it, but I did.

The diet is harder today than yesterday. I really want some food. I’m not hungery, I just want to eat. I know this too shall pass. I didn’t have any Fiber Choice yesterday, so I’ll have few today.

My WO schedule will be Sunday, Wednesday, Friday, and Saturday for Burn. Kids have football practice Monday, Tuesday, and Thursday.

Does anyone know if I can do Fri, Sat, & Sun? Don’t want to burn out.

[quote]milgirl wrote:
Started V-Diet yesterday. Did my first intermediate WO. Front squats are hard. I don’t think I was holding the bar correctly because my wrists hurt. I started with 115, but couldn’t get the bar on my shoulders. I normally lift 135 for back with 8-10 reps, so this surprised me. I settled at 95#. I need to watch some YouTube for form on front squats. I’m sure my wrists aren’t supposed to hurt.[/quote]

Keep your wrists in line with your shoulders and elbows. Your hands will be fairly narrow on the bar. This should take care of the wrist pain. You’ll still be stretching them and your forearms a lot, but it shouldn’t hurt.

Forgot to say get your elbows up as high as you can also.

[quote]ToBeFrank wrote:

[quote]milgirl wrote:
Started V-Diet yesterday. Did my first intermediate WO. Front squats are hard. I don’t think I was holding the bar correctly because my wrists hurt. I started with 115, but couldn’t get the bar on my shoulders. I normally lift 135 for back with 8-10 reps, so this surprised me. I settled at 95#. I need to watch some YouTube for form on front squats. I’m sure my wrists aren’t supposed to hurt.[/quote]

Keep your wrists in line with your shoulders and elbows. Your hands will be fairly narrow on the bar. This should take care of the wrist pain. You’ll still be stretching them and your forearms a lot, but it shouldn’t hurt.[/quote]

Thanks. I think I was trying to keep the pressure in my hands instead of on my shoulders. I’ll need to work on my form, without the weight. It will be better next week.

Today is starting out well. I know I’m not suppose to weigh myself, but I have. I was 189.5 yesterday and 187 today. I haven’t been in the 180’s in five years. That is definitely a booster. I’m not going to weigh again until Sunday. I know most of that is a decrease in inflammation because my right ankle went down by an inch. I couldn’t get the water out of my ankles, no matter what I did.

I took the HOTROD this morning, 2 on a empty stomach. I think I’m gonna stop that, my stomach was burning. I typically handle the HOTROD well, but I think I have expended the last of my solid food reserves, if you know what I mean :-). A little too strong without something on the stomach.

I think I’m going to WO today instead of tomorrow. The Hubby takes the boys to practice, when he is home, so I can go. WO 2. I’m excited.

I love lifting. I always have. When I was about 6 or 7 I would lift kitchen chairs, to get stronger.

[quote]milgirl wrote:
Today is starting out well. I know I’m not suppose to weigh myself, but I have. I was 189.5 yesterday and 187 today. I haven’t been in the 180’s in five years. That is definitely a booster. I’m not going to weigh again until Sunday. I know most of that is a decrease in inflammation because my right ankle went down by an inch. I couldn’t get the water out of my ankles, no matter what I did.

I took the HOTROD this morning, 2 on a empty stomach. I think I’m gonna stop that, my stomach was burning. I typically handle the HOTROD well, but I think I have expended the last of my solid food reserves, if you know what I mean :-). A little too strong without something on the stomach.

I think I’m going to WO today instead of tomorrow. The Hubby takes the boys to practice, when he is home, so I can go. WO 2. I’m excited.

I love lifting. I always have. When I was about 6 or 7 I would lift kitchen chairs, to get stronger.
[/quote]

I forgot to add, I’m really feeling those ab rolls today. It hurt to sneeze. The DB press are kicking in too. I feel like I did something.

No log yesterday…hard day at work. Anyway, day 4 was harder than all the other days. I wanted some food. I was thinking I would do my HSM, but then I wouldn’t be able to have it this weekend. I’ve already shopped for it. I’m having some Tri-Tip roast on the grill, lots of veggies, maybe a baked peach with cinamnon for dessert. I really don’t like good carbs, like baked sweet pototoes, with no sugar, or brown rice. I may do some whole wheat pasta, I don’t know yet. All I know is, I want some meat.

My WO was not good on Tuesday. I should have taken the extra day like I planned. My shoulder felt like someone was stabbing me. I felt like I was going to pass out. I’ve never passed out before, but I’m sure that’s what it feels like. I couldn’t finish my WO and I’m exhausted. I know this will pass, so I’m not sweating it.

I did the worst thing…I didn’t drink all my shakes. I literally could not get them all down. I’ve decided to do the bedtime shake while I’m still at work minus the peanut butter, I’ll have that with my dinner shake. That is the only way I can see getting them all in. I don’t get home until around 5:30 or 6:00, then I go to the gym, then I drink the recovery, then I drink the Dinner, by that time it’s like 9:30 and I go to bed at 10ish.

Is this okay?? I’m going to post this in the questions portion too.

On my 6th day. I’m having my HSM today after I WO. I’ll do my V-challenge tomorrow. I can’t say I’m really looking forward to that. I got my energy back around mid-afternoon yesterday. YAY!! Now I feel brand new. I am sleeping like a log in the evenings. I’m really enjoying that, since I have typically been a really light sleeper. A good 8 hours and I feel like a new person in the morning. I’m listening to subliminal messages too, to help with some of the imbedded bad behaviors I have.

Well, all in all, things are going great. I find that I am thirstier than I was in the beginning. I’m downing like 8 cups during my work day and drinking even more when I get home.
My shoulder finally stopped hurting and it no longer hurts to use my upper abdominals. YAY!!
I used some MSM on my shoulders and also took some by mouth.

I’m looking forward to a great WO this evening. Decided to take a 2 day recover because my shoulder was hurting so bad and I was sooo tired.

I have been using flaxseed meal, not milled flaxseed. I was wondering why I wasn’t digesting it, now I know. I’m getting the correct flax today. All I can say is DUH.

OK Milled Flax = 100 times better than flax meal. I thought Chris was trying to torture us with the flax. I was thinking I can’t do this twice a day. I dreaded the dinner shake because of the flax. Note-to-self. READ THE DIRECTIONS CAREFULLY!!

Ok, I knew this would be hard, but I had no idea. I think I have officially realized that I love food. I just want some food. I don’t want greasy pizza or a hamburger; I just want some broiled fish and a salad. I’m going to make crab legs and shrimp for my HSM, although I did have an HSM on Tuesday of some broiled Tilapia and steamed veggies.

I really didn’t want to have that dinner shake. I really don’t like the flax. I can do it in the AM because I’m hungry, but after drinking shakes all day, I really don’t want that dinner one. I haven’t lost anymore weight; I’ve remained at the original 4-4.5 lbs. I’m not doing enough NEPA.

OK, I had totally convinced myself that I was no longer going to do the V-Diet. I was saying, to myself, I’m going into recovery. I can’t drink another @#$&&) shake. But, that is what I always do, let myself down. I’m not going to do that this time. Has my V-Diet been perfect, He** no, but it’s better than it was. I really like picking up another shake container, because I have finished one. They go about every 3 days or so, I don’t get all the shakes in all the time, so that’s a good feeling.

I’m really sore and I like that.

I was reading one of Chris’ articles on T-Nation about switching up the workouts and that gave me inspiration, for some reason, to continue.

As a female, I already get weird looks at the gym on a military base when I enter the weight room, so when this program had me doing exercises I wasn’t familiar with, I was not looking forward to it. But I have to remind myself that this is for me, no one else, and the fools giving me weird stares don’t know what they are doing anyway. They probably won’t look like a 12-year-old if they actually picked up a free weight :wink:

BTW…I have finally mastered the dead lift. I had never done a standard DL, only Romanian, until I started New Rules for women. Now I got it!! Yay. And my booty is round instead of a fat box. I’m black so a nice round booty is what I’m after. GETTIN’ MY SEXY BACK.

I stopped doing the V-Diet at 2 weeks. Yesterday I completed the Pulse Fast and lost 3.5 lbs in one day. I know most of that was water because I was in the bathroom at least once an hour sometimes twice, but it’s still 3.5 lbs. Now on to the 100 carb.

I’ll pulse again on Monday, then again probably Thursday, and then I’ll need to order another batch. I’m going to weigh myself every day. It keeps me accountable for what I eat. If I think that I have week to “work off” a bucket of popcorn, I’ll eat a bucket of popcorn.

Ok, I did the pulse fast last Thursday and have been following the 100 Carb Cure, which is much easier than I expected, and have lost a total of 5lbs. This seems too easy. If I can average 5lbs or more a week of loss, I’ll be ecstatic. I’m using the HOT-ROX during the non pulse days. I’m supposed to pulse again today, but I’m out of town this week and didn’t have room to pack all my stuff.

So I’ll pulse again next week. One thing I notice is that when it comes to actual hunger, I go from satisfied to famished, there is not middle. I wonder if that’s because I’m not having the blood suger spikes I have with more carbs. I think I’ll ask Chris.