Biotest

Mike's V-Diet Log

Pretty stoked to finally go for it. Wife thinks I am crazy, but I have a feeling after 4 weeks she will be singing a different song.

Not too sure if I did measurements right but I figure as long as I keep doing them the same way I will be fine.

Height: 5’7"
Weight: 210 31%BF according to scale
Neck: 17
Shoulders: 50
Chest - Upper: 48
Chest - Lower: 45.5
Waist - at Navel: 45
Waist - at largest: 45.5
Hips - at largest: 39
Upper Arm - L: 13.5
Upper Arm - R: 13.5
Upper Leg - L: 25
Upper Leg - R: 25
Lower Leg - L (calf?): 14.5
Lower Leg - R (calf?): 14.5
Ankle - L: 8.5
Ankle - R: 8.5

Awesome, keep us updated!

Having issues with attaching pictures. Will get them up as soon as I figure it out.

Ok not having much luck with getting the picture up correctly. Atleast I got 1 up, even if it is sideways.

Ok got another up. Pictures don’t work to well for me for some reason, but oh well after several attempts I managed to get more than 1 up.

Will keep you all updated as I go!

I will be updating my profile blog daily, and keep the thread updates to weekly.

So quick question. My starting weight and measurements were done on Day 1 (Sunday), but I planned on having my HSM on Saturday so should I weigh and do measurements Saturday morning instead of Sunday? Does it matter or am I just being way too nitpicky?

[quote]PuckX wrote:
So quick question. My starting weight and measurements were done on Day 1 (Sunday), but I planned on having my HSM on Saturday so should I weigh and do measurements Saturday morning instead of Sunday? Does it matter or am I just being way too nitpicky?[/quote]

your being nitpicky. if you started on sunday with weight and measurements, stick with sunday as the day you do all that stuff.

good luck and I would suggest posting her daily not your profile page. you will get more support here.

Yea kind of thought so, you start doing this diet and stuff that would normally make total sense starts to get a little garbled in the brain. Atleast the first couple of days. :slight_smile: I will start posting here daily then. :slight_smile:

Ok since it was suggested I post here daily I will start doing just that. For those that care here are the first 4 days from my blog on my profile, feel free to comment or not:

Day 0:

Day 1 of V-Diet starts tomorrow, and I am going into it with alot of motivation and excitement. After training for my 1 and only MMA fight last year I cut alot of weight real fast, I looked weak and emaciated, and felt it in my fight. Fast forward 1 year later I have gained all the weight back and then some. I fought at 160, I weigh 210 now!

Oh yea time to rewrite the way I think about food and how my body responds to it, also time to become a gym rat.

I’m 37 and now is really the time to get things in order. My wife thinks this is totally unhealthy and that I am completely insane. We will see what she is saying in 4 weeks. :slight_smile:

Day 1:

Feeling good, mid-day almost time for shake 3. Drinking a ton of water to keep the “hunger pangs” to a minimum. Look at my post V-Diet Starts Now!! for weekly measurements, and pictures (if I can get the picture attachment to work. Other then that I will use my blog for updates, bitching and moaning, ect…

Gym day 1 is tomorrow (Monday) looking forward to slinging the weight again.

Day 2:

First workout went good, drank my Surge, and at work feeling good.

About the only negative at this point is my body is being a bit reactive to going all liquid so my stomach although not feeling hungry, does feel a bit akward. I will power through it and hope that things improve in the next couple of days.

So far so good!

Day 3:

Feeling really good. Severe food cravings is starting to go away, so it is making the day go easier. I have noticed a bit of a headache on the first couple of days, that is starting to subside now though. Damn am I sore! Lifting day 1 was not too tough, but feels like it was alot more effective than when I was doing it.

My kid was asking me if I wanted to try this new brand of Doritos (no I do not let my kid eat alot of Doritos), he kept asking me to try it. I was strong though and explained to him that yes I wanted to try it, but I am unable to for now as I am sticking to my food plan to the exact letter. No I am not going to go stir crazy and start eating crap on day 29, otherwise why would I do the V-Diet? But I do believe there can be some moderation and when the time is right I will try a Dorito for my son. But thats jumping way ahead, Day 3 so no Doritos for me. :slight_smile:

Looking forward to my HSM on Saturday, not sure if it will be steak or chicken, but either way it is going to be good!

Day 4:

Felt good during workout 2 today, but damn am I starting to stiffen up this afternoon. Body is exhausted, and hungry. I’m ready to have meal 3 shortly and it couldnt come soon enough. I would drink it now but I have to make sure not to leave too much space between 3 and 4. I was feeling really good this morning too, so hopefully it will continue to get easier after today. I keep hearing days 2-6 are the hardest, and while I know it never really gets easy, I am looking forward to it getting easier even if it is only by a small amount.

Huge improvement! I can actually think normal again, the first few days it was tough to formulate any clear thoughts, I was tired, and feeling pretty down.

Today spirits are high, I have energy, and my brain is working! I knew there would be some transitioning between solids to liquid diet, but damn that was a grueling few days. Even when I was posting I was feeling good I think it was in comparison to how the previous day felt.

I kind of brain farted and didn’t realize the NEPA was for everyday, I had only been doing it on non lifting days, so I will be fixing that starting now. Oh well chalk it up to being new at this.

Day 5:

WOrkout 3 went good, with the exception of daily NEPA and the weekly V-Burn I am done for the week. :slight_smile:

Small issue I am starting to have is I am begining to gag whenever I drink my shakes now, not sure what this is all about as they taste fine to me but damn if it is not a chore to choke them down. Anyone else experience this?

Other then that, looking forward to HSM tomorrow, and then weigh in and measurements on Sunday.

[quote]PuckX wrote:

Small issue I am starting to have is I am begining to gag whenever I drink my shakes now, not sure what this is all about as they taste fine to me but damn if it is not a chore to choke them down. Anyone else experience this?
[/quote]

Yep, I’ve definitely felt this as well. It seems to be better now, but up until my last shake of the night yesterday I would feel a little ill just at the thought of my next shake. It’s strange since I’ve been drinking them as a supplement for years and always loved the taste! Like I said though, it’s gotten better for me today so hopefully it will clear up for you as well. Keep strong, our first week is almost over.

God I hope so my last shake was tough, I am actually not looking forward to my next meal… maybe thats the secret to the V-Diet! j/k Chris… :slight_smile:

[quote]PuckX wrote:
Day 5:

WOrkout 3 went good, with the exception of daily NEPA and the weekly V-Burn I am done for the week. :slight_smile:

Other then that, looking forward to HSM tomorrow, and then weigh in and measurements on Sunday.[/quote]

Hi Mike - my nausea was from the hot rocks. I lowered the dosage and the nausea went away. I also take my second dose of hot rocks with food (well, a shake) and seemed to help. Stay strong!!!

I will give that a shot though I never had a problem with HOT-ROX in the past, I have also never done the V-Diet either so maybe the combo is too much for my stomach to handle right now.

*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Disclaimer: Individual results may vary.