Biotest

Micro-PA & the Old Man Log

I admit it. I usually just troll but this Micro-PA thing has gotten the best of me. I’ll be 53 in October. I’m short (5’6" I think). I’m heavy (274) and I want to give Micro-PA a try under what I would call “real world” conditions. In short (no pun intended) MY way.

I figure I’m about as far away from a CT or Meadows type as a guy can get. I’m old, I’m fat, I have low T, I’m stubborn and my money is on a real short leash. I’ve been away from dong real workouts for a long time but I’ve made a relatively recent comeback.

I have found a way to lift that has really been working for me so I have no intention of changing. I have what I would consider a good supplement regimen that I also have no intention of changing. I’m just going to add the Micro-PA. If it works like I think it will, I might actually go to a beach with my wife. Up until now, I’ve stayed away because I care about the eyes of all the good unsuspecting folks out there.

I ordered 7 bottles of Micro-PA Monday and it just arrived today. It’s late (2338 hrs) and I need to get some sleep. I’m a little jazzed about this stuff so that’s why I’m posting.
When I come back tomorrow, I’ll post my history, stats, current supplement regimen, training habits and diet. I’ll also post my Micro-PA dosing. Oh, and I’ll post photos too. Okay. That’s it. I’m out.

[quote]phil966 wrote:
I admit it. I usually just troll but this Micro-PA thing has gotten the best of me. I’ll be 53 in October. I’m short (5’6" I think). I’m heavy (274) and I want to give Micro-PA a try under what I would call “real world” conditions. In short (no pun intended) MY way.

I figure I’m about as far away from a CT or Meadows type as a guy can get. I’m old, I’m fat, I have low T, I’m stubborn and my money is on a real short leash. I’ve been away from dong real workouts for a long time but I’ve made a relatively recent comeback.

I have found a way to lift that has really been working for me so I have no intention of changing. I have what I would consider a good supplement regimen that I also have no intention of changing. I’m just going to add the Micro-PA. If it works like I think it will, I might actually go to a beach with my wife. Up until now, I’ve stayed away because I care about the eyes of all the good unsuspecting folks out there.

I ordered 7 bottles of Micro-PA Monday and it just arrived today. It’s late (2338 hrs) and I need to get some sleep. I’m a little jazzed about this stuff so that’s why I’m posting.
When I come back tomorrow, I’ll post my history, stats, current supplement regimen, training habits and diet. I’ll also post my Micro-PA dosing. Oh, and I’ll post photos too. Okay. That’s it. I’m out.[/quote]

I’m sure that it will be beneficial but just keep in mind that if your out of shape as it would appear you are implying, just cleaning up your diet and being active will most likely where the bulk of your quick progress (and it will be pretty quick progress if your nutrition is at least decent and your training properly) because you would be super responsive to a change to a good diet and a good amount of physical activity :wink:

Good point. After re-reading my post I would probably have made the same reply. I guess I should clarify. Most folks who see me don’t necessarily think I’m out of shape. In fact I saw one of the guys who was on the team when I played with the Jaguars (semi-pro) and he said I look like I could still play. FYI, I was one of the shortest linemen in the league.

I intended to post my current stats today but I can’t find my tape measure. I’ll buy a new one and the old one will magically appear. Suffice to say that though I weigh close to 275 at 5’7", I’m not exactly a weeble. I carry most of my excess right on my gut. I know I could lose that by going gluten free or straight Atkins for about 4 months (been there, done that) but I’ve lost considerable size & strength in the interim when I did. I’ve never had a good “contact” so I’ve been gear-less except for the low T treatment. I want to drop the middle without losing the edges. Gear would get me there but #1 I don’t want to and #2 I don’t know where to get it anyway.

I ain’t no spring chicken and I’ve been at the iron for about 30 years now. I have a pretty good feel for what’s going on with what’s left of my body. That’s why I saved up for Micro-PA. I intend to put it to the test in my world.

Bookmarked. I’m very interested in what your experience with micro-PA will be.
I hope you’ll have some great results with it. Best of luck.

[quote]phil966 wrote:
Good point. After re-reading my post I would probably have made the same reply. I guess I should clarify. Most folks who see me don’t necessarily think I’m out of shape. In fact I saw one of the guys who was on the team when I played with the Jaguars (semi-pro) and he said I look like I could still play. FYI, I was one of the shortest linemen in the league.

I intended to post my current stats today but I can’t find my tape measure. I’ll buy a new one and the old one will magically appear. Suffice to say that though I weigh close to 275 at 5’7", I’m not exactly a weeble. I carry most of my excess right on my gut. I know I could lose that by going gluten free or straight Atkins for about 4 months (been there, done that) but I’ve lost considerable size & strength in the interim when I did. I’ve never had a good “contact” so I’ve been gear-less except for the low T treatment. I want to drop the middle without losing the edges. Gear would get me there but #1 I don’t want to and #2 I don’t know where to get it anyway.

I ain’t no spring chicken and I’ve been at the iron for about 30 years now. I have a pretty good feel for what’s going on with what’s left of my body. That’s why I saved up for Micro-PA. I intend to put it to the test in my world. [/quote]

Well, if you’ve been training and it’s just body comp, Micro-PA should provide a notable difference in strength gain. The body comp though… that’s going to be work in the kitchen no matter how you cut it :smiley:

You said it! If this supp does as well as I think it will, I can cut my calories with no fear of drastic shrinkage. BTW, I got a new Android phone and its pretty sweet. I’ll see if I can post a couple pics that I took with it earlier.

http://images.t-nation.com/forum_images/1/3/13448_ORIG-20140517_194618.jpg

Ummm I don’t know why the pic came out sideways. I’ll try again.

Meh…whatever.

[quote]phil966 wrote:
Meh…whatever.[/quote]

Looking good brother. Don’t be surprised when you gain a few pounds at first after PA. It’s most likely increased glycogen and water retention in muscle (both positive things). Most probably not an increase in bodyfat :smiley:

Thanks for the kind word (& the heads up on the Micro) but I look MUCH worse without the shirt. I started the Micro-PA Friday. This is just Tuesday but I’m thinking maybe I’d better get a new tape measure soon. I got my first “comment” yesterday. I’d hate to get great results and not have starting measurements.
I’m going to make regular updates but i don’t want to go wacko & do two - a - day posts either. I’ll start with yesterday’s “meals” and go from there.

[quote]phil966 wrote:
Thanks for the kind word (& the heads up on the Micro) but I look MUCH worse without the shirt. I started the Micro-PA Friday. This is just Tuesday but I’m thinking maybe I’d better get a new tape measure soon. I got my first “comment” yesterday. I’d hate to get great results and not have starting measurements.
I’m going to make regular updates but i don’t want to go wacko & do two - a - day posts either. I’ll start with yesterday’s “meals” and go from there.[/quote]

Strength is what matters with Micro-PA IMO (I’ve been seeing the most noticeable effect after the initial 2 weeks or so in the strength department) :smiley: The kitchen of course is where most of your body comp work will be.

You are so right on that. And speaking of the kitchen, I’ve been keeping a food log for a couple days. Though I don’t plan on posting every day I will keep a food log because I know how important food is. I keep a mental record of my workouts but I’ll try to post as much info as I can on those too. For now, I’ll just paste what I have now and call it a night. Here goes:

5/19/14
0545: finished Retro “fat boy”, took circumin & astaxanthin
0830:
coffee & Hibachi grilled pork & barbecue chicken, tbomb, B100, etc
1015:
finished my coffee
1245:
6 Micro-PA, water, vitamins
~1345:
half a Mutant shake, curcumin
~1530:
1 bottle of Brain Candy
~1740:
4 scoops Vector (post “mini” workout- back, shoulders, biceps)
~1915:
second “mini” workout - chest, shoulders, biceps, some triceps
~2120:
2 thighs & 1 leg from KFC
2215:
1/2 Chocolate Mutant shake w/peanut butter & 15 grams of glutamine [~1500 calories total]
2315:
1 SCOOP Vectron vanilla, 1 scoop Hydro-O formula

5/20/14
0545:
Other half of that Mutant Mass shake from last night
0700:
coffee
0730:
Mega slice of watermelon!
1045:
3 scoops Mutant Mass w/5 grams ascorbyl palmitate & 10 grams glutamine, supps
1430:
Arby’s mid w/swiss, curly fries, coffee, curcumin, supps
1530:
Micro-PA w/water
1630:
2 scoops Regen (pre workout)
[quads, quick delts]
1745:
half a Retro super "Fat Boy"
2145:
1 wing & 1 thigh from Popeyes
2230:
2 scoops Vectron, 1 scoop Hydro-O w/5 grams ascorbyl palmitate & 10 grams glutamine

5/21/14
0545:
Other half of the “Fat Boy”

0930:
Coffee, supps & tbomb
1115:
3 scoops Mutant Mass w / 5 grams ascorbyl palmitate & 2 grams leucine
1230:
Coffee & 2 sourdough donuts from Wawa
1430:
Micro-PA - no weights today
~1800:
2 Arby’s chicken tenders, white tea (12 oz)
~1930:
Slice watermelon
~2130:
Pancheros carnitas quesadilla, peach tea (6 oz),
~2230:
A bunch of red seedless grapes
~2300:
3 scoops Vectron, 2 scoops Hydro-O and 5 grams ascorbyl palmitate, curcumin, tbomb

Phill, welcome aboard! We have similar body types I think, I will be 53 in September, and I have been training for about 30 years also. First, I just want to say that I think you’ll LOVE Micro-PA. It’s the first supplement I’ve used that felt like I was “on” something. I have a perma-pump; muscles constantly full, round, and hard. My appetite went through the roof, and strength and (especially) muscle mass increased.

Like you (and for reasons due to a health issue that I won’t go into here), I’m returning to training after a layoff; although in my case it’s only been about 4 months. I, too, have some body fat to loose. The good news is that, generally, the higher your starting body fat levels the lower you can drop calories without sacrificing muscle–although I certainly don’t advocate dropping calories extremely low.

I know you said you were set on your supplement protocol, but I’d seriously consider dropping some of the items like the “mass shakes” (which almost always contain a lot of inferior ingredients) for Plazma and/or MAG-10. If you have to choose between the two, you’d want some Plazma pre and during your training (ideally 1 serving both pre, and 1 serving during training; if limited to 1 serving, I’d split the serving having half pre, and half during your training). This one change, along with the addition of the Micro-PA, I believe will significantly increase your results over Micro-PA without the Plazma. Plazma makes such a HUGE difference in my ability to train hard and recover from it.

Crowbar

Welcome aboard, Phil! What is a “Fat Boy”?

Ah. The Fat Boy is a weight gainer shake, thus the name. I get a custom version so I guess it should be called “obese boy”. How it’s made:
3 scoops whey protein (~60 grams), 1 scoop glutamine (5 grams), 1 scoop creatine (5 grams), 2 Tbsp peanut butter, chocolate syrup.
It’s probably 1000 calories but it’s so tasty I don’t care.

Thanks Crowbar. I actually cut loose on the calories in the last couple weeks. For some reason I’ve been feeling hungry and its not just my appetite playing with me. I’ve been feeling HUNGRY. I do plan to bring it back to reality soon but this hungry ain’t no joke. It’s 2243hrs right now. I ate a double quesadilla about an hour ago and I feel hungry… again. It’s like my stomach pulled a Serve Pro on that thing (like it never even happened) but it’s too late to eat another one.

Anyway, I think I will invest in that Plazma. I’ll let you know how it goes. Meanwhile, I have an update to post.

Okay, here’s how I’m doing so far:

I haven’t even finished one bottle of Micro-PA so I think it’s way too soon to make an accurate assessment of its efficacy. That said, I must say I have noticed a difference… well, differences. My shoulders look fuller to me and to my wife, based on her comments. I’ve received comments at the gym and even a couple of “inadvertent” arm squeezes at work. My arms, shoulders & quads are also definitely tighter. My forearms, upper arms and shoulders feel like I just did about 3 sets of military presses ALL THE TIME. Kind of like a permanent semi pump. Weird. Nice but still weird. So I won’t try to deny that there has been a change but I reserve judgement until I am at least half way through my second bottle.

My workouts are definitely getting easier. The weights are feeling too light too soon. I’ve been on my “size quest” for about 6 weeks now so I expect the weights to feel lighter by now but this is different. Not only are they feeling lighter but I’m having a harder time getting my muscles fatigued. Even when I do quads I recover really quickly. It’s ridiculous. About 10 seconds after I’m done a set I feel like my muscles can do another. It doesn’t matter what muscle group I’m working. My arms have always recovered quickly but now I’m getting like that with my legs and my back. In my world that is simply UNHEARD of no matter how many calories I eat.

I took some measurements and photos but I’m not posting them yet. I also need to explain my “size quest” training routine in some detail. I’ll get to that later too. The super quick version is; I try to train every day and work every group each time, eat as much of as much of whatever I can get into my mouth, pound protein like it’s going out of style and when I’m not doing any of that… sleep. Now I also have a wife, a job and a 2 year old grandson who also lives with us. I’ve got bills and errands like everybody else so there’s always too much to do. I don’t get as much sleep as I’d like. So it’s especially unusual for me to have big muscles recover quickly.

I think I’m going to like this Micro-PA. Time will tell but I do have a pretty good feeling about it.

Okay. I’m back for a quick update. I think my scale is kaput so I can’t post a weight update. I can say that my weight is up but, as you know from my previous post, it would be up now regardless. Wednesday (6/4/14) I started my second bottle of Micro-PA. Thursday, my wife said my arms look “beefier” and more pumped up. Two things about that… 1) my wife doesn’t exactly agree with my training for size. In fact, she is not a big believer in weight training period. So if she says I look bigger, she’s not exactly giving me a compliment. If anything, she’s speaking with a negative view.

Update to my update:
I weighed myself at the gym Friday. I weighed 283. I’ll go with that because the gym scale is right on point & matched my home scale before it broke. I went to my favorite Mexican restaurant to order some more quesadillas my daughter was also with me in line. I had my arms folded and out of the blue she said she could see what mom has been saying now but I still see blubber boy looking back at me from the mirror. I thanked her anyway.

I attribute the lion’s share of my weight gain (9 lbs in 17 days) to my diet however I can’t deny the comments / observations of my family and the very long lasting pumps. So, no, i guess it wasn’t all fat gain. Maybe ol’ kissadookie knows what he’s talking about. :wink: (And speaking of my diet, I’m cutting back on calories soon. I’m starting to get tired of stuffing my face at every turn though it’s not my nature.)
So far it feels like Micro-PA is going to be a VERY good supplement.

It’s a little past 0700 Sunday morning now. This time I’m actually writing an update rather than doing my usual copy-paste.

My hunger pangs aren’t as voracious as they were last week but they still get my attention. Also, I finally hit my “wall”. My workout on Thursday was a little flat. I couldn’t really get my pump on. I couldn’t really feel the weights. In fact, they started to feel like WEIGHTS instead of tools. Now I know what was Micro-PA and what was just my mind. I decided to push myself into an over trained state through training only. I tried to keep everything else the same. I just increased my intensity in the gym.

Unfortunately, my sleep suffered a decrease so I hit that wall. It wasn’t a full on “dude it’s totaled” deal. It was more like a “fender bender” because Friday I was back “on” in the gym.
I decided to break down a get some Indigo-3G and some Plazma and some Metabolic Drive. I ordered it on Friday so I’ll let you know when it gets here. I’m dropping my calories down to “human” levels and try to eat more rationally. I may even try to drop some belly size. I don’t know. I’ll see how the new supps work for me & then decide.

Holy moly! I just came from the gym. I violated two of my “rules”. I only worked chest-back-shoulders and I took Micro-PA on an empty stomach. Well I found out 2 things. One, I think Micro-PA does help add power to skeletal muscle. I started with my usual weights and they felt like a JOKE. I had to start with what I have been finishing with. I got a SERIOUS back pump!

And, two, I figured out why my workout was so “off” last week. My legs weren’t fitting under the pad on the lat pull down machine anymore. Once I raised it, I was back in the groove. I just had to adjust, that’s all