Biotest

Micro-PA Raises Insulin? (Carb Backloading)

Does micro-pa raise insulin? If it does, I suppose on my non training days it would be best to take it with my carb backload meal a couple of hours before going to sleep as I would not want to raise insulin earlier in the day. Any advice or thoughts would be much appreciated. Thanks.

Well since MicroPA is not an amino acid or carb it shouldn’t be raising insulin. It’s increasing protein synthesis at the cellular level so there should be no effect on the pancreas.

It’s supposed to have a 7 hour half life so just take it in the evening sometime. This way, you take advantage of your evening carb meal raising insulin and enhancing protein synthesis via nutrient shuttling. I think you want to take it at least 7 hours before going to bed to take advantage of eating meals and protein during that period.

[quote]jdrannin1 wrote:
Well since MicroPA is not an amino acid or carb it shouldn’t be raising insulin. It’s increasing protein synthesis at the cellular level so there should be no effect on the pancreas.

It’s supposed to have a 7 hour half life so just take it in the evening sometime. This way, you take advantage of your evening carb meal raising insulin and enhancing protein synthesis via nutrient shuttling. I think you want to take it at least 7 hours before going to bed to take advantage of eating meals and protein during that period.[/quote]
Thanks for the reply.