Biotest

Micro PA Put to the Test and WINS!

Most competitive bodybuilders at one time or another have heard the old saying, “You can’t gain muscle leading into a competition, at best you can maintain what you added in the off season and pray you don’t lose anyâ?¦” This dogmatic belief has been passed down through the generations and for some is still believed today. For someone like me when I prep for a contest I take it as a personal challenge to show dogma it doesn’t know what the hell it’s talking about.

Imagine my excitement when I got a whiff of what Micro PA was all about. ‘Turns on the enzyme responsible for muscle growth?’ Sign me up Scotty. I received my 4 bottle order of M-PA at around 32 days out from my most recent contest. Although I wanted to tear open the bottle right away and slam those capsules down my throat and let the magic begin I exercised some patience. If I was going to prove dogma wrong and reap some serious rewards I had to have proof. And so on January 25th I went and had a DEXA scan done to know where exactly I was before throwing this new variable into the mix.

Before I get into how I found M-PA and the results let me feed you in on some background so this review can be as solid and informative as possible. I am 36yrs in age and been training since my teen years. I competed in athletics as high as Div. 3 in football and some recreational sprinting after that. In 2008 was my first bodybuilding competition and this most recent one (March 1st) was my sixth. I am not natural. I have been cycling since the age of 26. Some are longer than others and with different approaches. I have for years now taken advantage of peri-training nutrition (most of what Biotest offers here but admit have at times just combined PeptoPro with Vitargo or straight HBCD’s).

Back to the storyâ?¦

On January 25th, 5 weeks out from my show I weighed in at 212.5lbs and on the DEXA scan came to a body fat percentage of 11.4. 3 days prior to this I had callipers done using a 9 site formula (chest, subscap, kidney, triceps, biceps, umbilicus, supra iliac, thigh, calf), which came to 31.5 marks yielding a 4.1% body fat. *I have noticed a significant difference with DEXA scan and callipers on myself. I think this is due to me having a tendency to store more visceral fat than subcutaneous.

During this point in the prep although I was using a carb cycling approach I was averaging per day approximately 150g carbs; 325g protein; and around 40-50g fat. I was training 5-6days/week and my cardio regime consisted of 4 mornings of intervals on the stair master or step mill for 25-30mins; 2 mornings of Prowler sessions and 6 sessions of 30mins steady state incline treadmill post training.

At this point in my prep had pulled intra training carbs so I wasn’t using Plazma anymore. I was utilizing a mix of PeptoPro and some additional amino acids. Post training I would consume 2 servings of MAG-10 with some additional Glutamine (10g) and 1g of powder Vit C.

The ‘extra’ supps I was using doses stayed the same and actually dropped off some in the last 2 weeks. I don’t need to get into too specific of details but the usual short ester items a bodybuilder would use combined with some AI’s is what made up my regime.

Contest prep is demanding enough on its own and in the last 4 weeks leading up to a show the stakes are raised even more. In about a two week span I had three highly stressful occurrences happen to me affecting my and my wife’s life on top of being run down and having a short stint on antibiotics 10 days out for a sinus infection. The only reason I bring it up is to show how amazing this Micro PA is. Because in a time where no one would expect a competitor to gain muscle I showed up on February 25th exactly four weeks later for my DEXA scan (211.9lbs) having gained 1.5lbs of muscle and lost an additional 2.5lbs of fat. For comparison purposes my calliper reading on this day was 28.5marks equalling 3.6% body fat.

I am definitely sold on Micro PA and with anecdotal proof that it assists in muscle gain during a time where no one would expect a guy to be gaining muscle at all I aim to keep it in my arsenal. I hope the pics of the DEXA scans show proof that Micro PA is definitely legit and I encourage anyone who wants more muscle to throw it in the mix.

THE AFTERMATHâ?¦

I went on to win the heavyweight men’s class and the overall. I ended up drying out to 207 on stage. Now it’s three weeks post show and I have enjoyed the best rebound yet. I haven’t stopped usage of the Micro PA and although I haven’t been able to DEXA scan myself I have had callipers done. I am currently sitting at 228lbs and my calliper reading is 38. This has me at 4.5% body fat according to the callipers which I admit are skewed some. The point to take way is I am up 20lbs getting stronger and people are remarking how thick and full I am looking and my marks only went up by 10. I am just in the beginning of my construction season as I call it and haven’t even put the Plazma back in the mix yet.

I have been using Biotest products for years now and I can honestly say this is the most impressed I have ever been with their line and how the combos they have really allow one who puts in the work to break barriers once thought impossible to break. With another year of hard training I’m confident I can get close to the top of the heavies and do even more damage.

-B. Sims

And just so you know I am not blowing smoke up anyone’s ass and posing as some lurker here’s a pic from while I was pumping up before prejudging…

You, sir, are a gentleman and a scholar.

Congrats on the win. Looks like you have many more in the future.

Thanks a million for this write up, especially the DEXA scan and the transparency. It’s incredibly interesting to get an honest glimpse into this level of training. Well done.

How’d you survive without Plazma??? And still not back on it? I’m impressed.

EDIT: Damn. Nice pic.

Nice progress! After hearing a lot of good things about Micro PA I ordered some bottles to see how I’d go with it. Now I am getting really excited to get started on it!

[quote]BSims wrote:
Most competitive bodybuilders at one time or another have heard the old saying, “You can’t gain muscle leading into a competition, at best you can maintain what you added in the off season and pray you don’t lose anyâ?¦” This dogmatic belief has been passed down through the generations and for some is still believed today. For someone like me when I prep for a contest I take it as a personal challenge to show dogma it doesn’t know what the hell it’s talking about.

Imagine my excitement when I got a whiff of what Micro PA was all about. ‘Turns on the enzyme responsible for muscle growth?’ Sign me up Scotty. I received my 4 bottle order of M-PA at around 32 days out from my most recent contest. Although I wanted to tear open the bottle right away and slam those capsules down my throat and let the magic begin I exercised some patience. If I was going to prove dogma wrong and reap some serious rewards I had to have proof. And so on January 25th I went and had a DEXA scan done to know where exactly I was before throwing this new variable into the mix.

Before I get into how I found M-PA and the results let me feed you in on some background so this review can be as solid and informative as possible. I am 36yrs in age and been training since my teen years. I competed in athletics as high as Div. 3 in football and some recreational sprinting after that. In 2008 was my first bodybuilding competition and this most recent one (March 1st) was my sixth. I am not natural. I have been cycling since the age of 26. Some are longer than others and with different approaches. I have for years now taken advantage of peri-training nutrition (most of what Biotest offers here but admit have at times just combined PeptoPro with Vitargo or straight HBCD’s).

Back to the storyâ?¦

On January 25th, 5 weeks out from my show I weighed in at 212.5lbs and on the DEXA scan came to a body fat percentage of 11.4. 3 days prior to this I had callipers done using a 9 site formula (chest, subscap, kidney, triceps, biceps, umbilicus, supra iliac, thigh, calf), which came to 31.5 marks yielding a 4.1% body fat. *I have noticed a significant difference with DEXA scan and callipers on myself. I think this is due to me having a tendency to store more visceral fat than subcutaneous.

During this point in the prep although I was using a carb cycling approach I was averaging per day approximately 150g carbs; 325g protein; and around 40-50g fat. I was training 5-6days/week and my cardio regime consisted of 4 mornings of intervals on the stair master or step mill for 25-30mins; 2 mornings of Prowler sessions and 6 sessions of 30mins steady state incline treadmill post training.

At this point in my prep had pulled intra training carbs so I wasn’t using Plazma anymore. I was utilizing a mix of PeptoPro and some additional amino acids. Post training I would consume 2 servings of MAG-10 with some additional Glutamine (10g) and 1g of powder Vit C.

The ‘extra’ supps I was using doses stayed the same and actually dropped off some in the last 2 weeks. I don’t need to get into too specific of details but the usual short ester items a bodybuilder would use combined with some AI’s is what made up my regime.

Contest prep is demanding enough on its own and in the last 4 weeks leading up to a show the stakes are raised even more. In about a two week span I had three highly stressful occurrences happen to me affecting my and my wife’s life on top of being run down and having a short stint on antibiotics 10 days out for a sinus infection. The only reason I bring it up is to show how amazing this Micro PA is. Because in a time where no one would expect a competitor to gain muscle I showed up on February 25th exactly four weeks later for my DEXA scan (211.9lbs) having gained 1.5lbs of muscle and lost an additional 2.5lbs of fat. For comparison purposes my calliper reading on this day was 28.5marks equalling 3.6% body fat.

I am definitely sold on Micro PA and with anecdotal proof that it assists in muscle gain during a time where no one would expect a guy to be gaining muscle at all I aim to keep it in my arsenal. I hope the pics of the DEXA scans show proof that Micro PA is definitely legit and I encourage anyone who wants more muscle to throw it in the mix.

THE AFTERMATHâ?¦

I went on to win the heavyweight men’s class and the overall. I ended up drying out to 207 on stage. Now it’s three weeks post show and I have enjoyed the best rebound yet. I haven’t stopped usage of the Micro PA and although I haven’t been able to DEXA scan myself I have had callipers done. I am currently sitting at 228lbs and my calliper reading is 38. This has me at 4.5% body fat according to the callipers which I admit are skewed some. The point to take way is I am up 20lbs getting stronger and people are remarking how thick and full I am looking and my marks only went up by 10. I am just in the beginning of my construction season as I call it and haven’t even put the Plazma back in the mix yet.

I have been using Biotest products for years now and I can honestly say this is the most impressed I have ever been with their line and how the combos they have really allow one who puts in the work to break barriers once thought impossible to break. With another year of hard training I’m confident I can get close to the top of the heavies and do even more damage.

-B. Sims[/quote]

Great work and well deserved placing and victory! Did you do the standard dosing of Micro-PA or did you add in any additional dosages as some have done?

Nice dude, you look rock solid too!

[quote]Fitness12 wrote:

[quote]BSims wrote:
Most competitive bodybuilders at one time or another have heard the old saying, “You can’t gain muscle leading into a competition, at best you can maintain what you added in the off season and pray you don’t lose anyÃ?¢?Ã?¦” This dogmatic belief has been passed down through the generations and for some is still believed today. For someone like me when I prep for a contest I take it as a personal challenge to show dogma it doesn’t know what the hell it’s talking about.

Back to the story�¢?�¦

THE AFTERMATH�¢?�¦

-B. Sims[/quote]

Great work and well deserved placing and victory! Did you do the standard dosing of Micro-PA or did you add in any additional dosages as some have done?
[/quote]
Another option is using the micro pa with grapefruitjuice. Seems to work really well

Why grapefruit juice?

Ace,

Thank you very much and for the congrats. I certainly aim to have many more in the future.

I’m glad you like the write up. I was excited to put M-PA to the test and for it to be taken seriously providing necessary information and keeping the experiment so to speak as controlled as possible was a must. I’m pleased I have access to a DEXA scan. Definitely a different perspective. Eye balling someone who is in condition for a show and has striations in variety of place most people would say, he’s 3-4% and then seeing on the scan results you are actually around 10% one has the thought run through his mind, damn, I’m a fat ass, lol.

Oh, trust me, isn’t easy to get by without the Plazma. How? The week after the show I enjoyed some food and although back in the gym wasn’t killing it so no need for Plazma if not killing it. Then the weekend after the show I think I had some bad cheesecake cos I had food poisoning which laid me up for a few days (oh the joy of being so weak you feel like your legs are going to buckle). And then this week as I usually do after a comp I am cleansing which has helped me. I don’t feel as bloated from the inside and some of the water I was holding from rebound has dissipated.

This saturday I am 61 weeks out from next show and it’s full throttle.

[quote]AceRock wrote:
You, sir, are a gentleman and a scholar.

Congrats on the win. Looks like you have many more in the future.

Thanks a million for this write up, especially the DEXA scan and the transparency. It’s incredibly interesting to get an honest glimpse into this level of training. Well done.

How’d you survive without Plazma??? And still not back on it? I’m impressed.

EDIT: Damn. Nice pic.[/quote]

dlee,

Thank you very much. Yes, many are reaping the rewards of the M-PA. And rightly so. If I can gain a pound a half of muscle under those particular circumstances others, including myself now that I am in construction season, will definitely enjoy the effects of it. I personally am curious as to what will happen with me when I do throw Peri-training back into the mix with the likes of Plazma and nutrition wise am providing more calories to assist the growth process.

Be structured with your food and supps, time them optimally, eat efficiently, train like a demon and watch yourself grow. Good luck.

[quote]dlee34 wrote:
Nice progress! After hearing a lot of good things about Micro PA I ordered some bottles to see how I’d go with it. Now I am getting really excited to get started on it![/quote]

Fitness12,

Thank you a bunch. I appreciate the kind words.

I adhered to the 1x dosing of 6 caps an hour before training.

[quote]Fitness12 wrote:

[/quote]

I am just taking a shot in the dark but the grapefruit juice might help with absorption due to the properties of grapefruit juice itself.

Remember I said shot in the dark though, lol.

[quote]BSims wrote:
I am just taking a shot in the dark but the grapefruit juice might help with absorption due to the properties of grapefruit juice itself.

Remember I said shot in the dark though, lol.[/quote]

Yep, its possible. I don’t know if M-PA is metabolized through the cyp450 system off the top of my head however, so I don’t know if grapefruit juice would actually quantifiably increase bioavailability or not. It wouldn’t likely hurt anything.

Great write-up and great comp results.

[quote]Blaiser wrote:
Why grapefruit juice?[/quote]
It increases the uptake of a lot of supplements and medications

[quote]BSims wrote:
dlee,

Thank you very much. Yes, many are reaping the rewards of the M-PA. And rightly so. If I can gain a pound a half of muscle under those particular circumstances others, including myself now that I am in construction season, will definitely enjoy the effects of it. I personally am curious as to what will happen with me when I do throw Peri-training back into the mix with the likes of Plazma and nutrition wise am providing more calories to assist the growth process.

Be structured with your food and supps, time them optimally, eat efficiently, train like a demon and watch yourself grow. Good luck.

[quote]dlee34 wrote:
Nice progress! After hearing a lot of good things about Micro PA I ordered some bottles to see how I’d go with it. Now I am getting really excited to get started on it![/quote][/quote]

Are you going to cycle Micro-PA at all or just take it all year?

[quote]Aragorn wrote:

[quote]BSims wrote:

Yep, its possible. I don’t know if M-PA is metabolized through the cyp450 system off the top of my head however, so I don’t know if grapefruit juice would actually quantifiably increase bioavailability or not. It wouldn’t likely hurt anything.

Great write-up and great comp results.[/quote] How could we find that out for sure?

[quote]fightnews wrote:

[quote]Aragorn wrote:

[quote]BSims wrote:

Great write-up and great comp results.[/quote] How could we find that out for sure?
[/quote]

Drop a note in Dr Stout’s thread.

Awesome thread - congrats!

JM

I was taught not to be wasteful. So to answer your question I will cycle it but the way I will cycle it depends on when I might take holidays. When I go away to the Olympia or to visit my parents or wherever the wife wants to go in order to escape the lovely consistent shower of rain Vancouver, BC has to offer I take advantage and those are my down times where I don’t kill it in the gym. Micro-PA is for those that want to kill it. I don’t see the point if taking it during those weeks I am gone or need refreshing.

So that is my way cycling it.

[quote]fightnews wrote:

Are you going to cycle Micro-PA at all or just take it all year?
[/quote]

Thank you very much Mr. Meadows. I am a big follower of your methods and consistently throwing this and that which I’ve learned from likes of following you into my routine.

Funny story, at 3 weeks out from my show I threw in banded leg press with some intensity techniques. It was one of those sessions where you just are in the zone and run with the energy.

I woke the next morning barely able to walk (such a good feeling) and admittedly praised you some.

Good luck with your prep as you tackle once and for all that eluded pro card. I’ll be following for sure.

[quote]John Meadows wrote:
Awesome thread - congrats!

JM[/quote]