Biotest

Micro-PA or Indigo-3G for Fat Loss?

whats the difference between Micro-PA and Indigo-3G, or what would you prefer to take trying to lean out?

Hm, without knowing anything about your training/nutrition/goals, it’s a little hard to say. Here is some general info about the supplements:

Indigo - Meant for nutrient repartitioning, and allow people who might typically be “carb-a-phobic” to get great carbs in and have it all go to muscle. Moderators have also written that when taken long term, it can really change the way your body handles carbs, I know it has helped me in that aspect immensely. Certainly does have some fat burning effects, and of course as you build more muscle, you’ll burn more fat.

Micro-PA - Meant mainly for hypertrophy, but also has some fat burning effects, and again more muscle burns more fat over time. My experience with Micro-PA has been that it’s very effective for building LBM, and I’ve also been able to lose fat by adjusting my nutrition on non-training days. This would also mean it helps maintain muscle mass on a fat-loss phase, and can even allow you to continue to GAIN lbm on a fat loss phase. I remember someone on these forums took Micro-PA during a contest prep, and got a DEXA scan before/after, and his DEXA scan showed that he actually gained over a pound of LBM while cutting for his show, which is pretty incredible!

Keep in mind that both of these supplements are fantastic for what they’re meant to do. If you’re going exclusively for a fat-burner, HOT-ROX works very well and has a nice thermogenic effect. Carbolin 19 is also a great fat burner, and one of the main ingredient in HOT-ROX, but Carbolin 19 doesn’t have the noticeable thermogenic effect found in HOT-ROX.

HOT-ROX - https://Biotest.T-Nation.com/products/HOT-ROX-extreme

Carbolin 19 - https://Biotest.T-Nation.com/products/Carbolin 19

If fat loss is your main goal, just remember your training and especially consistency of nutrition will play the biggest role in your body composition.

Good luck!

Great summary of info from Rob above.

[quote]afrazier8 wrote:
whats the difference between Micro-PA and Indigo-3G[/quote]
To oversimplify: I’d say Micro-PA is for when building muscle size is the #1 priority and dropping bodyfat is the #2 priority; Indigo-3G is for when dropping bodyfat is the #1 priority and building muscle size is the #2 priority.

Indigo, combined with hard lifting, brief intense cardio (like complexes), and a not-low-carb diet.

Last month you had a thread that said you were already taking it and were seeing results. Still going well?

i appreciate it, i have lost weight already and def toned up. I know the diet and workout routines are my biggest changes i have made. I have used Indigo 3g and ordered that again because i was impressed with how it helped with my toning.

I am just trying to find something to help with bodyfat too, i dont like the jittery fat burners because it makes me get nauseous and throws off my workout or eating.

Thanks again for your insight though, way better then the retailers around me like GNC

Glad to help. If the training and diet stuff is tripping you up, you might want to start a thread in one of the training forums so more people can take a look and chip in some info on that end.

Really, it might just be a matter of dialing in your training and nutrition, making sure that’s all on point, and giving the plan some time. Especially since you’ve only been on it for just about a month, I’d say that’s the way to go. Indigo is good stuff, but it’s not an overnight miracle worker and still needs good, hard training and a smart diet.

ya the biggest thing i struggle with is the cardio. i work on my feet all day and do treadmill 3 times a week for 25-30 mins at 7.5-8.5 speed. I have a good workout routine been reading forums on here to help sharpen my workout. Diet is good but need to start cutting out the stupid foods like ice cream and occasional fast food.

[quote]afrazier8 wrote:
ya the biggest thing i struggle with is the cardio. i work on my feet all day and do treadmill 3 times a week for 25-30 mins at 7.5-8.5 speed. I have a good workout routine been reading forums on here to help sharpen my workout. Diet is good but need to start cutting out the stupid foods like ice cream and occasional fast food.[/quote]

Nothing wrong with occasional fast food IMO. Just don’t overdo it too often. Same with ice cream.

[quote]tsantos wrote:

[quote]afrazier8 wrote:
ya the biggest thing i struggle with is the cardio. i work on my feet all day and do treadmill 3 times a week for 25-30 mins at 7.5-8.5 speed. I have a good workout routine been reading forums on here to help sharpen my workout. Diet is good but need to start cutting out the stupid foods like ice cream and occasional fast food.[/quote]

Nothing wrong with occasional fast food IMO. Just don’t overdo it too often. Same with ice cream. [/quote]

Tsantos, I definitely agree that it’s important to enjoy yourself sometimes. But, if someone is serious about their health and physique, why would eating fast food and ice cream be an option? That stuff is horrifically disgusting. Eat something healthier, make your own grass bed burger and hamburger bun or something, there are better ways to “cheat” than fast food.

Big factors in designing programs are acceptance and compliance.

Programs that would be great if followed aren’t great if not followed or not accepted in the first place.

For some people, an approach such as yours is optimal. For at least two reasons. One, it’s actually the best method: zero ice cream and zero other junk, always having other, better foods in place of them, is better. And second, but this depends on the person, sometimes an absolute ban is much easier to put into action than an intended extreme but vague reduction.

For others, a ban method results in breaking the ban, and then breaking it with no specific limits on how much it can be broken.

For still others, a ban in the diet plan results in refusal to do the plan at all.

Another approach, which works very well for most, is to set it as “Consider abolishing your trouble foods entirely, or limiting them to one day per week or per month.”

That gives a high rate of acceptance and compliance, and it’s a lot better to reduce a problem by a large or near total percentage than to set a requirement for 100% reduction but in practice, with many people, get anything from highly-variable to no reduction.

Still another aspect is that if there’s even a single aspect in a diet plan where a person will in practice decide “Well I’m not actually going to do that 100%” then often it becomes not just that aspect of the plan that gets poor compliance: once the pattern is started, the entire plan can become prone to “Well I’m not taking these instructions so seriously anyway so…”

Of course I grant that there are differences in psychological approach: my style is much more educational and allowing flexibility and providing information to make good practical judgments, while many have more of a “do it this way” style, and both approaches do work. The above is biased towards my personal teaching style, admittedly.

[quote]afrazier8 wrote:
Diet is good but need to start cutting out the stupid foods like ice cream and occasional fast food.[/quote]
In a thread a few months ago, you said you were “5’10”, 200 pounds, and 12% bodyfat." What are you currently? Because really, a true 12% at 200 pounds is pretty great shape. (Though, I’m not a fan of calipers of bodyfat percentages in general because they tend to be inaccurate.)

In any case, if you really are on the verge of being truly lean, simply finding the willpower to crackdown on the stuff you know is crap (ice cream and fast food) would be the most direct way to push yourself towards results. Kind of a no-brainer.

Also, I do think we could/should get more in-depth to fine tune your training and nutrition in another thread, probably in the Bigger, Stronger, Leaner or Beginners forums. You say your diet’s “good” and your training’s “good” without giving details on either, and just want to fix your cardio, but that might not really be the best approach.

Indeed, if mostly getting treadmill 3 times a week for 25-30 minutes at 7.5-8.5 mph but having some problems with consistency, it’s unlikely that improving your rate of doing as planned will make much difference to fat loss, or that adding more steady state cardio will make nearly the difference that improved care to diet or improvement of training in other ways can make.

As mentioned, improving the ice cream and junk intake would be a much bigger difference.