Biotest

Micro PA or Alpha Male for Muscle Retention During Prep?

Both would be nice.

But if only one can be used, which one would be the best bang for the buck for holding on to as much muscle as possible during a contest prep?

Thanks in advance.

Micro-PA

Natty t-boosters IMO more or less helps you get your levels up to baseline or higher up in the baseline range. So it’s not really much of a supraphysiological impact. Micro-PA however would appear to help give you that extra oomph that would amplify mTOR if you train. So in the case where catabolism is an issue, you’re basically increasing anabolism here and thus creating a better protein synthesis to protein breakdown ratio which ='s better muscle retention.

<a href="http://www.t-nation.com/store/products/micro-pa"target=“new”>Micro-PA would be the way to go. Alpha Male is great, but if you don’t have a lower T issue to begin with, it makes sense to (as the above member said) go for that extra oomph with Micro-PA. And since it has muscle building and fat loss effects, it’s perfect for pre-contest where fat loss is the goal and muscle building and retention can get difficult with contest dieting.

Thanks guys. I guess I was thinking the Carbolin 19 in the Alpha Male formula would be more beneficial. Perhaps just go with that straight out of the bottle.

There are many reports of increased hunger when using Micro-PA. For anyone who has experienced this, is it an overall increase in appetite or an increase in desire for carbs? I would worry about fighting this increase while dieting down.

Thanks again.

[quote]Myosin wrote:
Thanks guys. I guess I was thinking the Carbolin 19 in the Alpha Male formula would be more beneficial. Perhaps just go with that straight out of the bottle.

There are many reports of increased hunger when using Micro-PA. For anyone who has experienced this, is it an overall increase in appetite or an increase in desire for carbs? I would worry about fighting this increase while dieting down.

Thanks again.[/quote]

Straight Carbolin 19 would be a great option, probably even better coupled with Se7en and Micro-PA ( assuming you’re keeping the peri nutrition high while prepping )

I haven’t used Micro-PA yet so I can’t comment on the hunger.