On the homepage!!! This is exciting!!

Wow!!!
I can’t wait!
Looks like it is stimulator of mTOR.

[quote]buffd_samurai wrote:
Wow!!!
I can’t wait!
Looks like it is stimulator of mTOR. [/quote]

I second that. After seeing CT talk about it a fair bit lately it may have something to do with mTOR

Wow!!!
I can’t wait!

How would that work, you think? What would that do? I know nothing about mTOR

This looks interesting.
http://www.jissn.com/content/10/S1/P13 “Phosphatidic acid supplementation increases skeletal muscle hypertrophy and strength”. And yes…mTOR is in the picture.

: )

I can’t wait until “early January” to find out more and possibly get my hands on some.

This is one of the many things I love about Biotest.Tim P. never sleeps and is always working on something.

Exciting. Had a quick look at the research and it looks very promising.

Research looks very interesting, can’t wait to try this out.

[quote]zraw wrote:

Wow!!!
I can’t wait!

How would that work, you think? What would that do? I know nothing about mTOR[/quote]

Zraw, now you’re just trolling buddy. :slight_smile:
We all know of all contributors to these forums, you are one of the most knowledgeable people on here! I’m actually curious and interested in what YOU think could be the mechanism and how it can be used to help us achieve physical goals.

[quote]zraw wrote:

Wow!!!
I can’t wait!

How would that work, you think? What would that do? I know nothing about mTOR[/quote]

Zraw, now you’re just trolling buddy. :slight_smile:
We all know of all contributors to these forums, you are one of the most knowledgeable people on here! I’m actually curious and interested in what YOU think could be the mechanism and how it can be used to help us achieve physical goals. [/quote]

I was actually being serious im interested by this but know next to zero about it

Ive read the study they did with this product. It seems promising but im wondering if it will work as well with individual consuming whey/leucine intra/pwo as the study was done with subjects using collagen protein

“I found out that the subjects ingested a collagen protein (amino acid composition see table from a previous study on the right) the researchers picked to isolate the effects of PA on mTOR independent of the mTOR boosting effects of leucine.”

Zraw, I’m learning too. My background is not in biochemistry or biology; its in engineering. As I research more, its amazing to me how much engineering is actually in biochemistry and biology…especially systems type thinking.

This being said, my understanding of mTOR is that it is one of the primary regulators of growth. It has been described as an “integrator” of several different signals such as insulin, aminos (especially leucine), growth factors to elicit the growth response. One of the signals mTOR uses is Phosphatidic Acid.

So, in engineering terms, the way I look at it is that mTOR signal for growth is an equation that sums the individual contributions of the input signals (insulin, growth factors, leucine, mechanical loading (as in lifting, especially the eccentric portion of the lift), PA, etc). The individual contributions are weighted by tuning factors; I would LOVE to know which input signal has the greatest weighting factor…methinks it would be mechanical loading and insulin.

If my simplistic understanding is correct, then PA could intensify the mTOR response when coupled with the other factors. OR, PA might be able to stimulate mTOR alone…maybe not with the greatest signal (meaning the mTOR response would be lower) but at least it is stimulated.

My biggest question (for those who are WAY more educated than me in this realm) is if there is a downregulation of mTOR from TOO MUCH stimulation.

Equation:

growth (mTOR) = Ainsulin_level + Bmechanical_loading + CPA + Dleucine_level + E*growth_factors + …

Where growth (mTOR) means growth is a function of mTOR;
A = tuning contribution from insulin
B = tuning contribution from mechanical loading
C = tuning contribution from PA
D = tuning contribution from leusine
etc, etc.

I could very well be misinterpreting everything I’m learning about the biochemistry here…it is not easy material to discipher especially when ones background is not in that area. But this is how I look at it.

I would LOVE IT if someone smarter than me could show me if I’m on the wrong path here.

Interesting. Definitely will be trying it sometime next year.

I also hope we get to see Rez-V (and others) back in stock.

Curiousity piqued indeed!

As much as I love watching everyone try to guess what’s coming down the pike, I’ll just wait patiently (ok, ok, I’ll wait anxiously) and see what exactly Tim’s pulled from up his magical sleeve this time. Haven’t been let down yet.

S

This is actually a really cool mechanism. Research has demonstrated mTOR activation through leucine. Although that pathway isn’t still fully understood, make sure you eat your egg whites and Biotest Leucine Structured Peptides or BCAAs. Phosphatidic is unique because it activates mTOR through a parallel signaling pathway independent of leucine.

Phosphatidic acid is a phospholipid second messenger that acts exogenous outside of the cell and causes a cascade of changes through the ERK signaling pathway that turns on kinases and phosphatases for upstream regulation.

So it’s an activator of muscle protein synthesis. One would maximize hypertrophy potential through resistance exercise with phosphatidic acid supplementation and enhance that with leucine from a good diet or supplementation. And there are studies out there with humans that prove there’s an increase in strength and lean-body mass. I gave a small chuckle when the 750 mg of phosphatidic acid given to athletes was derived from soy.

Interesting! Gotta be good if it’s from Biotest

Sneak peek for autoship users maybe? :wink:

@Buff_d: Level 100’s getting some pre-release samples to test? Would looove that!

[quote]briansays wrote:
Interesting! Gotta be good if it’s from Biotest

Sneak peek for autoship users maybe? :wink: [/quote]

There is no autoship anymore.

On topic: that one paper seems to be prevalent, hope there is more of a body of research out there. Sixteen men seems like a very small study.