Biotest

Micro PA Help

So I’m new to Micro PA and I’ve been poring over these threads yet I haven’t come across the CT regiment that’s been alluded to.

Can somebody please direct me to it?

[quote]RDeschain wrote:
So I’m new to Micro PA and I’ve been poring over these threads yet I haven’t come across the CT regiment that’s been alluded to.

Can somebody please direct me to it?[/quote]

I don’t think it’s out yet.

ok thanks.

Well, I’ve been doing 5/3/1 for over a year (madcow before that and 5x5 before that). After my 5/3/1 lifts I do my BBB variant assistance lifts and then I do another 5 or 6 different exercises, each exercise being 3 to 4 sets each. I’ve read that (I think it was the CT log) while using Micro-PA your first set of any particular exercise should include a lengthened super slow eccentric portion of the exercise. All the remaining sets can be done at normal speeds.

Can anyone confirm that this is correct?

EDIT:

I will say this. I’ve only been using Micro-PA for a week and it’s increased my hunger, increased my work capacity and also may have even made me stronger.

This week I hit all my targets and then some. In the 5/3/1 portion of my lifts I was to do the following weight for 1plus reps.

225 Bench (I’ve previously done this for 2 reps)
160 OHP (I’ve previously done this for 1 rep)
295 DL (I’ve previously done this for 1 rep)
Squats: I injured my knee so I had to dial that back to 5x5. I’m currently at 5x5x185 =(

I dropped the weight a few weeks back so I could bust through a mini-stall and this week I repeated the above but this time, I did 225 bench for 4 reps (cranked out 8 with a spotter), did 160lb OHP for 3 reps and did 295lb DL for 2 reps. I know these are small numbers for most of you guys but this is huge for me (I’m 170 lb if you’re wondering).

I’ve never had this type of sudden increase in strength. Yeah sure I can attribute some to my training and progression alone but the change just feels way more pronounced than I’ve experienced ever before. Had I used Micro-PA and Indigo-3G weeks ago I may not have even had a need drop a little weight to bust through my mini-stall.

Anyways, hopefully someone can help me maximize hypertrophy by suggesting the best techniques.

[quote]RDeschain wrote:
ok thanks.

Well, I’ve been doing 5/3/1 for over a year (madcow before that and 5x5 before that). After my 5/3/1 lifts I do my BBB variant assistance lifts and then I do another 5 or 6 different exercises, each exercise being 3 to 4 sets each. I’ve read that (I think it was the CT log) while using Micro-PA your first set of any particular exercise should include a lengthened super slow eccentric portion of the exercise. All the remaining sets can be done at normal speeds.

[/quote]

It’s my understanding the slow (tense) eccentric portion of a movement is best for Micro-PA activation. I don’t know about CTs specific recommendations.

I do my 5/3/1 FSL sets all with slow eccentric’s and often pauses. I also do my first 5/3/1 set slower than the others.

[quote]usmccds423 wrote:

[quote]RDeschain wrote:
ok thanks.

[/quote]

It’s my understanding the slow (tense) eccentric portion of a movement is best for Micro-PA activation. I don’t know about CTs specific recommendations.

I do my 5/3/1 FSL sets all with slow eccentric’s and often pauses. I also do my first 5/3/1 set slower than the others. [/quote]

I appreciate your response dude.

That’s basically what I’ve been doing all week except that I’ve been doing super slow (eccentric portion) for the first set to every exercise. I was hoping for some confirmation that this is the ideal method.

[quote]Christian Thibaudeau wrote:
Micro-PA and my condition both forced me to change the way I’m now training. Obviously one was for a more positive reason than the other!!!

As you know I’m a high threshold lifting kinda guy. I’m all about explosiveness and heavy lifting. And that has obviously been reflected in my work over the years.

This has even led some people to think that I was anti-bodybuilding… far from it… if anything I’m a closet bodybuilder (or body builder). While I personally have no interest on stepping on a bodybuilding stage I AM interested in two things that MAKE bodybuilding what it is: (1) gaining a lot of muscle and (2) getting super lean.

So in that sense I guess that makes me a body builder!

Micro-PA has made me begin to study one side of training that I haven’t paid that much attention to in the past: the optimal use of “hypertrophy methods” and how to blend them with my love of high threshold lifting to give me both the body I want and the performance level I desire.

See, Micro-PA works best with methods that aimed the greatest increase in mTor stimulation. And it turns out that accentuating the eccentric, maximizing the pump and putting the muscle in a stretched position under load are the key concepts… far from my performance-based lifting!

So I had to come up with some new weapons for my arsenal.

Over this journey I will periodically provide you with new informations about how to optimize your own training through my own experimentations. I will obviously teach you how I combine high threshold lifting with hypertrophy methods to get the most out of my training and Micro-PA.

But first I want to tell you how Micro-PA has changed the way I do high threshold work.

Simply adding “bodybuilding work” to my heavy lifting would have been the easy way out, and I do not believe that it would have been optimal.

So I started from my own base: high threshold work… how to modify it to make it better suited to optimizing Micro-PA… because I refuse to think that I can’t make that very important part of my own training benefit from Micro-PA.

So here is how I am layering my high threshold work. This morning this is what I did for squats. Now, keep in mind that because of my health issues (mostly the bleeding hemorrhoids that prevented me from doing leg work for 5 months) that my leg strength and size where down quite a bit. In fact in the past I could afford to not train legs hard for months without losing leg size, not anymore.

I started my high threshold leg work by doing accentuated eccentric squats to get the mTor going: I did 2 sets of 6 reps with roughly 60% of my maximum. Each rep was done with a slow eccentric (5-6 seconds down) and a smooth (not explosive) concentric. Basically for these 2 sets, only the eccentric really “counts”, each time I lift the weight back up it’s either to start a new eccentric rep or to not die under the bar!

Then I increased the load to 70% and I began to do triples (sets of 3 reps), gradually adding more weight until I reached the most weight I felt that I could lift in perfect form. I ended up doing 5 sets. NOW, the important part is HOW I DID THOSE SETS. The FIRST REP of every set was what I would call an “mTor rep”: I went down slowly (maybe not as slow as my first two sets, about 4 seconds down) and lifted as explosively as I could. The other 2 reps were done normally, like when I do regular heavy lifting (going down fairly fast, but still under control).

I then finished with 2 sets of “loaded stretch reps”. I used 50-60% and did sets of 5 reps. I would go down into the full squat position and hold that position for 2-3 seconds before driving out of the whole. The eccentric part of the movement was done under control, but not super slow.

So the whole squat layer looked like this:

Sets 1 & 2: 60% ; 6 reps ; 6 seconds eccentric

Sets 3 to 7: 70 to (approximately) 85%; 3 reps ; 1st rep slow eccentric (4 sec) and explosive concentric, 2nd and 3rd reps normal.

Sets 8 & 9: 50-60%; 5 reps; 2-3 seconds hold in the stretched (low) position for every repetition.

That was my high threshold work for squats. To that I add “hypertrophy/pump work”… but not on the same day… the day after (got your interest?!)

Stay tuned ;)[/quote]

CT mentions his rep temp a few times. Hope that helps.

[quote]usmccds423 wrote:
CT mentions his rep temp a few times. Hope that helps. [/quote]

you’re the man usmccds.

Thanks!

[quote]RDeschain wrote:

[quote]usmccds423 wrote:
CT mentions his rep temp a few times. Hope that helps. [/quote]

you’re the man usmccds.

Thanks![/quote]

Ha, thanks. Glad I could help!

What is everyone using in terms of Plazma and MAG-10 dosages? How many scoops in the 2000ml bottle of each?

Thanks

[quote]rich2323 wrote:
What is everyone using in terms of Plazma and MAG-10 dosages? How many scoops in the 2000ml bottle of each?

Thanks[/quote]

I use 1 scoop of Plazma pre/during & 2 scoops MAG-10 post. I would use 2 scoops of Plazma, but I have to double the amount of water or the Plazma upsets my stomach and that much water at 6 o’clock is too much.

Thanks, I’m going with 3 right now.

[quote]rich2323 wrote:
Thanks, I’m going with 3 right now.[/quote]

Ya, I think that’s pretty standard for most around here.

I had a quick ? about Micro PA dosage. Would i get better results from taking Micro PA twice a day on wo days and skipping Micro PA on non wo days vs taking Micro PA once every day. Thanks

A little late but I do one dose of Plazma pre and one dose during and it sutis me fine.

I unfortunately discontinued Micro PA use for the time being.