Biotest

Micro-PA for an Acid Reflux Sufferer

What stategies do you suggest to best utilize Micro-PA without increasing my acid reflux. Should I take it with MAG-10 with the Micro-PA? I tried taking it with MAG-10 and a Finibar and that greatly lessend the impact of the Micro-PA. I took on an empty stomach and it had burning for most of the day. I love the workouts on it combined with Plazma. I am just looking for any advice from you guys to make it work…Thanks

Really sorry to hear about your acid reflux. I’ve known many people who have had to endure this and it is no fun.

Many of Biotest products utilize their special delivery system whose components you can see on the label (i.e. most of the stuff that is not the main ingredient). HOT-ROX, Carbolin 19-19, etc all have some special delivery system that unfortunately does not agree with everyone’s digestive systems. Even the liquid flavoring used for MAG-10 or Plazma doesn’t agree with all.

As Chris and others have indicated in other threads, m-PA lasts for about 6 to 7 hours once taken, and it can be taken with or without food…the later obviously for those whose digestive systems can tolerate it. Nevertheless, it looks like you have found a way to tolerate the intake via taking the m-PA with food. In my humble opinion, taking it with food (Finibar for example) an hour before training (as indicated on label) would be fine.

Thanks, I have been taking it with MAG-10 and still getting the effect. I do not feel the same effect taking it with a Finibar. I am continuing to take Prilosec in the AM prior to taking the Micro-PA. I have noticed I cannot pulse at night due to my acid-reflux, but have learned to adjust.

would it be ok to take digestive enzymes when taking Micro-PA on an empty stomach…???

[quote]ATLRGC wrote:
Thanks, I have been taking it with MAG-10 and still getting the effect. I do not feel the same effect taking it with a Finibar. I am continuing to take Prilosec in the AM prior to taking the Micro-PA. I have noticed I cannot pulse at night due to my acid-reflux, but have learned to adjust.[/quote]

I’ve had GERD (Gastroesophagal Reflux Disease) for most of my life. I just thought it was what was. I finally saw a doctor about it after a wicked “bleed out”. He said I have the worst case of Barrett ’ s Esophagus he’d ever seen. He put me on 20 MG of Protonix 2x daily.

That was almost ten years ago. Now my script is down to 20 MG daily. I don’t take it each and every day now because I’ve learned how to manipulate my food but I’ll never be off of it completely.
I felt I should share my history before I share my opinion.

Digestion starts with your olfactory stimulation. When you smell a particular food (bacon, for example) your salivary glands respond but that’s not all. Your stomach is also stimulated. If it’s empty you may even feel it. Your stomach is supposed to start producing the enzymes necessary to properly break down the food.

This is where folks like us have our first problem. We don’t produce enzymes as efficiently as we should. Our second problem is our esophageal sphincter. That muscle is affected by the type of food that passes it. In my case, fats and sugars make it lazy. It doesn’t close very well when they pass through so that’s when I’m more likely to get Reflux.

I found that protein does not make that muscle lazy. Therefore if I ingest something that is just protein, I don’t get the Reflux. Meat protein has fat, milk protein has sugar and vegetable protein is an oxymoron. So I have a vanilla protein shake before bed. I say vanilla because chocolate is harder to digest for me. Actually unflavored hydrolyzed whey is the absolute best. It tastes horrible but feels great.

I take my Protonix (Pantoprazole sodium) first thing in the morning at least 30 minutes before anything else. I also take digestive enzymes with every meal. I recommend an enzyme supplement that contains ox bile if you’re going to be eating a meal containing meat. I also have a protein shake before bed.

I don’t take Micro-PA on an empty stomach even though I know it’s a Biotest product :wink: because I’m just not taking the chance.
I suggest you might do well to try a similar approach.