Biotest

Micro-PA and Plazma

I have been using both Micro-PA and Plazma for about 5 weeks now, which were both new to me. Like all new products I am usually skeptical of the claims made. However, THESE PRODUCTS WORK. I have tried PH’s in the past which allow you to grow but have significant side effects, and leave you puffed up without real gains

Currently I have that full look but much with a leaner outcome. I have increased my caloric intake, yet consistent with the body building diet with all the macros and a couple cheats a week. I will be beginning a 12 week contest diet for a show in October Should I continue with the same supplements ? I am 51 yrs old and did my first show at 47. Thanks

Awesome!

You bet, continue with what’s working. There is absolutely no need to drop peri-workout nutrition (or Micro-PA) when preparing for a show. In fact, our pros increase <a href="http://www.t-nation.com/store/products/plazma"target=“new”>Plazma when getting ready for a contest; they lower calories elsewhere in their diets and keep the workout nutrition in. Here’s a snippet from an upcoming article by Christian Thibaudeau:

[b]Mistake #4: Getting Rid of Workout Nutrition Carbs

This is probably the most common problem. I’ve even been guilty of it myself! For a long time carbs were the enemy of fat loss. That was especially true during the low-carb diet craze a few years back. Nobody was as carbophobic as I was. So I do understand the impulse to suddenly stop taking in peri-workout carbs (before, during and post-workout) when dieting down.

Listen, a proper peri-workout formula like Plazma that contains fast acting di- and tri- peptides and functional carbs is your absolute best insurance policy when it comes to preserving (or even increasing) muscle mass when dieting down, so dropping carbs is one of the worst things you can do. If anything you should increase your peri-workout nutrient intake when dieting down. Go ahead and reduce carbs and calories for the rest of the day to get the maximum fat burning effect possible, but leave the peri-workout window alone!

Don’t be afraid of peri-workout carbs (especially the highly-branched cyclodextrins in Plazma since they actually have fat burning effects) as they won’t be stored as fat or reduce your rate of fat loss. In fact, they’ll increase your rate of fat loss by allowing you to train harder and keep your metabolic rate higher. [/b]

[quote]Chris Shugart wrote:
Awesome!

You bet, continue with what’s working. There is absolutely no need to drop peri-workout nutrition (or Micro-PA) when preparing for a show. In fact, our pros increase <a href="http://www.T-Nation.com/store/products/plazma"target=“new”>Plazma when getting ready for a contest; they lower calories elsewhere in their diets and keep the workout nutrition in. Here’s a snippet from an upcoming article by Christian Thibaudeau:

[b]Mistake #4: Getting Rid of Workout Nutrition Carbs

This is probably the most common problem. I’ve even been guilty of it myself! For a long time carbs were the enemy of fat loss. That was especially true during the low-carb diet craze a few years back. Nobody was as carbophobic as I was. So I do understand the impulse to suddenly stop taking in peri-workout carbs (before, during and post-workout) when dieting down.

Listen, a proper peri-workout formula like Plazma that contains fast acting di- and tri- peptides and functional carbs is your absolute best insurance policy when it comes to preserving (or even increasing) muscle mass when dieting down, so dropping carbs is one of the worst things you can do. If anything you should increase your peri-workout nutrient intake when dieting down. Go ahead and reduce carbs and calories for the rest of the day to get the maximum fat burning effect possible, but leave the peri-workout window alone!

Don’t be afraid of peri-workout carbs (especially the highly-branched cyclodextrins in Plazma since they actually have fat burning effects) as they won’t be stored as fat or reduce your rate of fat loss. In fact, they’ll increase your rate of fat loss by allowing you to train harder and keep your metabolic rate higher. [/b]
[/quote]

thank you very much for emphasizing this point so it gets through our heads. I realize as I’m dieting, I have a lot of fat to lose, that I am changing my point of view of fat loss from cutting carbs to cutting junk and excess calories (even when paleo) - yesterday my only carbs were from 3 servings of plasma and 3 servings of MAG-10 - my one solid dinner was just some raw sardines, a touch of olive oil, and some steamed brocolli with sea salt

voila - wife paid me a nice compliment this morning all of a sudden about how I was slowly making ‘progress’

for someone who has a good amount of fat to lose, on a rest day, would the following be a possible good plan?

AM
black coffee and micro pa

hour later - 2 pulse MAG-10

lunch 2 Pulse MAG-10

dinner
micro pa
indigo 3

meat and greens dinner?

thanks

Yes, that sounds like a fine plan. Just have your Indigo-3G about 30 minutes before dinner, and include some “clean” carbs in there since Indigo works as a nutrient partitioning agent and needs some carbs to work optimally (Plazma will take care of that on training days). A little rice or potato is fine.