Biotest

Michelle's Log

So my husband is out of town and I don’t have to cook for him during the next 20 days. Enter the V-Diet. I still have to cook for my son but I think I can deal, although I mindlessly ate a piece of salmon last night while making his snack…mindless eating will hopefully be one of the habits I kick.

I am on day 3 and it has been a tough day. I have had moments of lightheadedness and some cravings, although I can’t say they have been “bad” food cravings, just the craving to eat solid food.

I have also found myself openning the fridge…why? I don’t know, not hungry, no shakes in there…hmmmm more mindless eating, boredom? It has been interesting to see my relationship with food for the past three days. It almost feels like you are watching someone else because you don’t have to think about food with all shakes and yet…you do.

I haven’t had any hunger, the diet and HRX keep that in check and I have even cut down my coffee intake (I drink it black anyways) but with the HRX I haven’t needed as much and too much liquid makes me feel bloated so I just automatically cut back without any pain.

These are early days and I think it will be tough once my husband and family come for Easter but since I am making Easter dinner, I have some control and that will be my HSM for that week and also my last V-dDet day.

I have lost 20lbs using precision nutrition and will go back to that once I am done here, however; it seemed like a good time to give it a try!

I am looking to kick the mindless eating habit, kick the late night snacking habit and the potato chip cravings. Plus lose a good chunk of lard so there are my goals for the next 25 days.

Wish me I would say luck but willpower works better…

Wish me willpower,
Michelle

Your Thoughts on My Situation

Good stuff, Michelle! Glad to have you here.

Funny about the fridge thing. It’s so common I wrote a blog about it:

https://tnation.T-Nation.com/free_online_forum/diet_blog_hammer_velocity_shugart/the_vdiet_zombie_stare_;jsessionid=13C3ECDC2124E792084E1D0C48A8C483-he.hydra

Sounds like we started the V-Diet the same day. Easter will be my last day of the V-Diet as well. Had I known that when I started, I would have started one day earlier. haha. But your plan is the same as mine. Easter dinner will be my HSM for the week too.

Anyways, glad you are here and we are kind of doing this together. In spirit anyways. haha.

[quote]Chris Shugart wrote:
Good stuff, Michelle! Glad to have you here.

Funny about the fridge thing. It’s so common I wrote a blog about it:

https://tnation.T-Nation.com/free_online_forum/diet_blog_hammer_velocity_shugart/the_vdiet_zombie_stare_;jsessionid=13C3ECDC2124E792084E1D0C48A8C483-he.hydra[/quote]

LOL that is EXACTLY what I was doing! It is amusing because it is sooo true.

[quote]bdiddy5522 wrote:
Sounds like we started the V-Diet the same day. Easter will be my last day of the V-Diet as well. Had I known that when I started, I would have started one day earlier. haha. But your plan is the same as mine. Easter dinner will be my HSM for the week too.

Anyways, glad you are here and we are kind of doing this together. In spirit anyways. haha.[/quote]

It will be fun to have someone else on the same days as me! I will look for your log if you have one going or you can just post in here with me, we can be cyber roomies. The tough part will be close to Easter when the house fills up with company, but I figure I can make my mom cook and then I will be out of the kitchen…see, I am a genius. I gave them fair warning of the diet I am on and surprisingly my mom was fine with it “as long as I am sure that I am getting all my nutrients in dear”. I figured for sure she would think I am nuts.

Sounds good, cyber Roomie. :slight_smile: Yeah, Easter will be a challenge. But I am hoping by then, my food habits will be changed enough that it won’t be too much of an issue. I am happy to be able to do this with you. You should post some pics if you get time. Take care and I will be in touch. I check in here everyday, so I am never too far away. :slight_smile:

I woke up RAVENOUS this morning! I also had more frequent nighttime waking. I am hoping that my body adjusts to the increased liquid intake and I am able to sleep through the night again.

Last night was awesome. I was making my evening shake, Peanut butter and Chocolate, and my nine year old wanted a taste. So for bedtime snack he had me make him a protein shake! I sat there sipping a shake with my kid…awesome.

It is a busy day today so I have made some shakes to go so I don’t run into a snag.

Wish me willpower,
Michelle

[quote]bdiddy5522 wrote:
Sounds good, cyber Roomie. :slight_smile: Yeah, Easter will be a challenge. But I am hoping by then, my food habits will be changed enough that it won’t be too much of an issue. I am happy to be able to do this with you. You should post some pics if you get time. Take care and I will be in touch. I check in here everyday, so I am never too far away. :)[/quote]

I am hoping the same thing bdiddy! I am so embarrassed by my pics that there is no way in heck I am posting them until I have a wonderfully dramatic after shot to take the sting away!

I am turning 39 this year and have determined that I am going to be in the best shape of my life by the time I am 40. I was in decent shape 4 years ago thanks to this site and had made exercise a part of my life and then my husband had to move to Alberta to work. I was moved from my lifelong home, friends and family to a place where I knew no one and was stuck indoors for 6 months of the year due to -25c to -40c (-13 to -40f) temps. I compensated by eating…40lbs of compensation and I was 15lbs overweight to start. I was gaining 10lbs a year! So I took the bull by the horns and started PN. I have lost 20lbs using PN and am looking to lose another 30 to 35, the mirror will tell me.

Wishing you willpower,
Michelle

Willpower for both of us! :slight_smile: I am glad you were able to avoid the food cravings last night. I have to say, sleeping has not been an issue for me. I fall asleep rather quickly and get about 7.5 hours and wake up pretty alert.

Yes, my two year old also likes the shakes. Funny stuff. And yes, I understand how easy it is to gain weight when you are stuck indoors. We live in South Dakota, so we get down to -40 degrees sometimes too. Kind of hard to get outside and be active when it is that cold. Plus, there is snow on the ground about 5-6 months out of the year. I did make it a point this winter to hit the gym about 3-4 times per week.

Anyways, good luck today. We can do this!!! :slight_smile:

Hey there,

It looks like we started about the same time, today is day 5 for me. I look forward to reading about your progress, since we are around the same point in the diet! I know that the first few days I had trouble sleeping through the night, but last night I slept like a rock, so hopefully that will get better!

And I know what you mean with the craving solid food thing…I’ve found that I really just want to chew something! I end up saving my fiber choice chews till after my shake and I have been treating it like dessert…which I find rather funny.

Well, I wish you all the will power in the world, and I’m rooting for you!

Best wishes,
KT

I have found that blending the shakes with ice and actually chewing them instead of drinking them works well for some of that craving too.

KT-thinking of a fiber tablet as a treat is HILARIOUS! I love that.

BD-I have had a few of my shakes with ice and that does help with the sensory aspect of it.

I was thinking of making a chocolate peanut butter shake (totally my fave) and freezing it that way it will be like a fudgsicle for my evening snack…I was going to try it with Banana Cream MD and almond butter as well.

KT-My stats are a little worse than yours I am embarrassed to say but I will post them because I see how brave you were!

Height 5’4"
Weight 170lbs
and although I did not measure all the sites indicated I did measure a few…
Rear end (biggest part) 44.5
Belly (biggest part) 39.5
Waist (smallest part) 33.5
Chest 41
R.Thigh 26.5

That was painful.

Hey, it’s best just to put it all out there. Although, I am with you on the not wanting to post the pictures until I see definite progress! Also, I’m a huge Precision Nutrition fan, it sounds like you did a great job on that!

Which workout plan are you doing? How’s that going?

I posted my pics so I was more motivated to achieve results. I don’t want the last picture you all see of me to be me as a fat ass! haha.

But I certainly understand where you gals are coming from too.

[quote]ktaylor27 wrote:
Hey, it’s best just to put it all out there. Although, I am with you on the not wanting to post the pictures until I see definite progress! Also, I’m a huge Precision Nutrition fan, it sounds like you did a great job on that!

Which workout plan are you doing? How’s that going?[/quote]

I chose the beginner program as I am unable to be hardcore right now. I partially dislocated my shoulder a couple of months ago and tore a ligament in my right arm and damaged my rotator cuff. I am modifying the exercises with my physiotherapists help and doing the best I can. I can’t do anything over my head but with other movements I can usually adjust to a pain free position. I also have to be careful of weight because perfect control to keep my shoulder and ligament protected are paramount.

I could have done better on PN, however; my roller coaster cravings were hard to control and being an all or nothing kinda girl if I blew it, I blew it out of the water. I am truly hoping that this will help curb the cravings and kick start change in my life.

[quote]bdiddy5522 wrote:
I posted my pics so I was more motivated to achieve results. I don’t want the last picture you all see of me to be me as a fat ass! haha.

But I certainly understand where you gals are coming from too. [/quote]

I have a feeling that it may be psychologically easier for men to post their befores than for women. We have a tendency to criticize ourselves heavily and worry about what others think. Even though I look at others that do post pictures and then read their stories and I feel inspired, I feel shame when I look at mine…funny thing is that I just realized that “shame” is what I feel. Sometimes I wonder “How the hell did I get here?”

[quote]Bittabit wrote:

I chose the beginner program as I am unable to be hardcore right now. I partially dislocated my shoulder a couple of months ago and tore a ligament in my right arm and damaged my rotator cuff. I am modifying the exercises with my physiotherapists help and doing the best I can. I can’t do anything over my head but with other movements I can usually adjust to a pain free position. I also have to be careful of weight because perfect control to keep my shoulder and ligament protected are paramount.

I could have done better on PN, however; my roller coaster cravings were hard to control and being an all or nothing kinda girl if I blew it, I blew it out of the water. I am truly hoping that this will help curb the cravings and kick start change in my life.[/quote]

Good luck with your shoulder injury! That’s good that you have someone to help you modify the exercises. I’m doing the beginning program too…I am so sore! But in a good way.

It sounds like this diet really helps to win the battle over cravings. I bet going back to PN after finishing the V-diet will be very helpful and beneficial for long term weight management/health. I’m planning on doing PN after this diet’s over, as well. I like their emphasis on eating whole, real foods (funny to say, since the diet we are currently participating in only has 1 meal of whole foods per week!). Before I started V-diet, I found it hard to stick to the PN’s 90% rule. But I’m thinking after this extreme diet, eating well 90% of the time will seem a whole lot easier!

I am hoping the same thing KT!

Today has been interesting. I started out having to serve fresh fruit to my sons school (never wanted an orange so bad in my life) then had to go to a breakfast meeting for work (drank coffee) followed by sitting with my girlfriend while she and my god daughter had McDonalds (surprisingly easier than the fruit). I am following up my torturous day with having to take my son and his little friend to the HOP movie in a theatre filled with my nemesis POPCORN! I must be crazy.

Houston we have a problem, I am freezing, exhausted (even after a 30 min nap) and ready to rip someone a new one, anyone really just EXTREMELY irritable and have a roller coaster depression cycle going on, plus feel wiped right out. I have had my shake and am supposed to work out and am feeling like I am emotionally unstable. I don’t know what to do, I feel messed up! I think I will take half my dose of HOT-ROX early and see if it gives me a boost. I feel like HELL.