Biotest

Michael - My Progress on the Velocity Diet

I just became a member a few days ago after slinking around and looking for just the right workout with some facts behind it…started out with research on the P90X routine and ended here with the Velocity Diet. I have read countless pages and spent the same amount of hours reading, looking up, researching, cross-referencing all the data found here on this site and finally made my decision a few days ago!

I am gonna do this and break my cycle of self abuse, over-eating, over indulgence and rip that fat off my body…I did it before and I can do it again and this time remain on a schedule for life…this is the reason why I loved reading everything on this site! I did the body for life long ago and had amazing results but it was so plain and so desciplined that when I tasted food for the first time in 3.5 months that I went crazy!

It all shows now…I have the under the muscle fat and I have changed sizes all the way up to a 42 inch waist and quite frankly I am so embarrassed by it! I am ready to make a change and keep it solid…I already ordered and bought most of the supps…I need to get the powder protein mix and I will be ready. I have been working out off and on now for over a year but really have not put effort into it so really have done nothing good with it…so here is the plan which is already rolling along…

this week - finish out with cardio - 30 minutes each session

working out a little harder than usual to get my muscle memory back and “harden” the body for war.

next week (xmas week) - the same but a little harder workout and even cardio training with some HIIT training.

week after (New Years week) - still concentrate on my workout but getting a nice stretch, higher reps and cardio until December 31.

This whole time I have started to eat 5-6 meals a day, mix a few shakes in to get used to them again and will continue to D-day.

January 1 - Well, call it what you will but I know I will have a few drinks…

January 2 - pack my baggies, get all my shakes, etc in order, measurements, weight, etc, etc, and prepare for WAR!

January 3 - It is ON!!! I will use the 3rd, 10th, 17th, 24th, and finally 31 January for my final pictures, measurements, weight days. I will do my best to doc each day of my intake, feelings, mental walls and or highs…

Right now since I have started cutting my meals down properly (almost) I feel better and find myself not snacking…staying focused and making it to the gym…the body knows I am up to something but reacting well…still pretty strong.

I will record my stats soon and post them up along with my pics…not really feeling great about that part but it is neccessary to do so. Thanks to everyone who has posted up and allowed me to read all the good and bad with what you all went through.

Any comments welcome.

Michael

Ask Chris
Ask Chris

OK, so this afternoon I will be palcing my order for the protein and continue forward. Here is last nights post war workout:

bench - 14 reps - 185

immediately followed by

30LBS curls - even pace up and down for 12

followed by

30LBS - triceps extensions from seated position - 12 reps

3 times each until fail after initial above lift

put weights away and walked over to tread mill. I decided I wanted to see what the walk was like since I usually run so I did a manual 30 minute walk ranging between 3.6 to 3.8 speed with 2.0 up to 7.0 incline…I bounced it up and down on average every 4 minutes…I actually sweated a little and felt good afterwards.

I was thinking while I was walking that I wanted a good baseline of my body at the moment so spoke to a trainer about it and I will be making an appointment for that today. I will also be following up with some training in the next week or so for core exercises that I have not performed ever before for my lower back and abs area to get the best variation of excercises to pick from and use during my Velocity phase.

I showed my fiance what I was doing and she is very supportive which is good…I picked up some bread at dinner last night and she said hey, you might as well cut back since you are getting ready for your diet…I looked at her and she shrugged…I am trying to support you babe! I put the bread down!

Headed to the gym again tonight to do a little legs, back, abs and cardio…

stay tuned…I am so ramped for this that it is hard to wait but I know myself quite well so this nice pre strike or should I call it intelligence gathering for the Velocity war on my body is good for me…set a nice solid platform.

Thanks for looking! I see a lot of people have looked but no comments…

Maybe this will work…

What did you all do for 1-2 days before your initial workout with Velocity?

What made it easier to prepare as in what did you pack up and how? Did you have a blender at work, how did you do that? or did you prepare before hand?

any info would be helpful!

war is impending!

Michael

WOO HOO! I just got notification that my supps have been delivered!

Now to order the rest of the stuff.

Michael

Just ordered 4 different flavors of my “food” and headed to the gym for my initial consultation and workout!

M

Mike

I’m Starting the diet after the holidays also, so your thread caught my eye.

May I make a few suggestions to increase your chances of sucsess.

1. Lose the trainer and buy a book called Starting Strength by Mark Rippetoe. Read it- then read it again- then refer back to it often.

2.Take this time now prior to the diet to learn to squat correctly.Start with very light weights, a broomstick if you must, to gain the flexabilty to do a squat correctly. It is all in the book.

3.Just prior to starting the diet start easing your body into ketosis by limiting your carbs greatly. If you don’t understand the whole ketosis thing buy Atkins book prior to the diet. Reading about various types of food during the diet my not be helpful

I’m a two time vetran of the diet with great sucsess both times

Best of luck

[quote]flying boxcar wrote:
Mike

I’m Starting the diet after the holidays also, so your thread caught my eye.

May I make a few suggestions to increase your chances of sucsess.

1. Lose the trainer and buy a book called Starting Strength by Mark Rippetoe. Read it- then read it again- then refer back to it often.

2.Take this time now prior to the diet to learn to squat correctly.Start with very light weights, a broomstick if you must, to gain the flexabilty to do a squat correctly. It is all in the book.

3.Just prior to starting the diet start easing your body into ketosis by limiting your carbs greatly. If you don’t understand the whole ketosis thing buy Atkins book prior to the diet. Reading about various types of food during the diet my not be helpful

I’m a two time vetran of the diet with great sucsess both times

Best of luck [/quote]

Thanks for the input!

1. I got the trainer to learn different core excercises which really put a hurtin’ on me Saturday but I felt good afterwards…really good workout. I am only using the trainer for those movement and the initial measurements including bodyfat…during the program he will not be used and I will be using the workouts, etc outlined on this site.

2. I will go over my squat and other exercises prior to the program. I have a lot of experience with the basic movements as I did it years ago until now…but you can always learn something new and perhaps I could identify a weakness that I did not know about, so again, thanks!

3. I will take your suggestion…I started last week with eating 5-6 meals a day, steady cardio and getting into the gym and working my body harder. I will have to move into the ketosis or reduced carbs on the 26th through the 2nd/3rd as suggested!

post up some pics! I want to see your results!

OK…so this weekend I did not get to post up about what I was doing but here it is.

Saturday I woke up and had my 6 egg scramble with light pepper and salt, glass of milk, and a piece of wheat toast with strawberry preserves. Headed to the gym and my trainer took my measurements. I will post those up tomorrow as he didn’t print them out but here is what I remember.

24.3% body fat
240.3LBS (lost 3LBS last week!)

I then joined the trainer on an abs concentration workout, stretch, and more which really got me going and then I did 30 minutes cardio…ate pretty well for the rest of the day but had a few drinks saturday night (I was expecting this and knew I would) Sunday was pretty quiet and was my break day…watched football.

Today…again…woke up at 5:30, had my fat burner and a banana and at 8:00 had my 6 scrambled eggs and diet pepsi (water for the rest of the day) and will be eating at 11:00 and 3:00 - go home (on the way home probably have a handful of peanuts - I packed a seperate baggy so no over eating) and get to the gym for 6:00pm.

I will work out with the trainer again which will be full body core and then cardio. Once I get home it will be a shake and later that night probably a protein shake (small) then bed at 10:00 and lights out soon after.

I expect that I will do the same tomorrow and wednesday, hope to be up and squeeze in cardio on Thursday with the dog before going over to the parents house for Xmas dinner, etc. Friday will be back to 6 meals again continuing through the weekend and New Years.

I think I would like to stay on schedule instead of what I did after noon on Saturday…ate regularly, didn’t watch my meal intake, drank, etc…I wasn’t dissapointed that I did it but I asked myself if I really needed to…answer? nope, I could have made a better choice…well, that is what I am going to do…Sunday pizza this coming weekend? NO crap food at all? NO… I can even watch it for the Xmas meal…YES!

Thanks for looking and yes, staying on point won’t be hard…it is an easy choice, just have to follow through.

Michael

You are a leech on the earth. You must be a scrawny skeleton walking around talking to a stuffed animal that you call your “Fiance” there is no future for you.

You are a leech on the earth. You must be a scrawny skeleton walking around talking to a stuffed animal that you call your “Fiance” there is no future for you.[/quote]

lmao…wow

You are a leech on the earth. You must be a scrawny skeleton walking around talking to a stuffed animal that you call your “Fiance” there is no future for you.[/quote]

WOW…and I agree with the other guy…LMAO!!! I don’t know what I did to provoke you but I don’t care…I am on point, I have a beautiful fiance and the future is very bright for me!

Last night joined the trainer and worked out chest, biceps, back, and performed some step-ups…lower weight, high reps and really had a tough workout…almost fell out a few times. Did the old 21’s and for the last set did a set of 30’s…nice tight workout. I had a shake when I got home mixed in with a banana and a small spoonful of natural peanut butter. My fiance dragged me out for some Xmas shopping so I consider that some NEPA cardio…hee hee…

My trainer had issues with the computer so still waiting for that, I’ll get it tonight no matter what when I head to the gym. I had my 6 egg scramble, drinking a diet pepsi now, have a full bottle of water and my meals will be chinese curry with chicken and later today some spaghetti with whole wheat noodles. I also have a small cottage cheese for midday snack and then right after work head to the gym for shoulders and legs and some light abs. I’ll have a shake afterwards with natural peanut butter (teaspoon) and that should be it. I have been on some fatburners and using up my EAS whey protein and meal replacement shakes (low-carb)

scrawny skeleton signing off! (although once I post pics you will see I am not scrawny…)

:stuck_out_tongue:

Michael

Bro dont listen to any negatives this diet is great for mind and body i feel. Once you start just keep telling yourself your doing this to make a change in your life because you want to make that change. It is weird when poeple are like why are you only drinking shakes fo rand not eating but they wont understand. Once they see your weight dropping they will want to more .

Keep your mind set on your goal and dont take it off of it. You will be fine 1st few days maybe rough but its well worth it. Good luck looking forward to seeing your progress.

Thanks man…getting my numbers together and will be working on my work-out schedule over the next few days. Off to my commute and the gym.

M

Hope to post my lousy numbers tomorrow.

OK…last night/day was good but found myself pretty hungry later at night…I have to adjust my shakes to take this into consideration. I did not cheat though it was solid food. super lean spaghetti sauce…a couple spoonfools and that was it…TV and a little love so an hour or so later I was relaxing and then to sleep…anyhoo.

Here are my numbers as promised.

RHR - 83 - a little high but I had been in a hurry to get to the gym

SBP - 129 - good
DBP - 94 - need to work on it
Body Fat - 24.9% - need to work on it
Height - 72.00
weight - 240.1
shoulders circ - 52.75
chest circ - 47.00
waist circ - 43.00
abdomen circ - 43.25
hips circ - 43.50
right bicep circ extended - 15.75
right forearm circ - 13.25
right thigh circ - 23.75
right calf circ - 16.25
left bicep circ extended - 15.50
left forearm circ - 12.50
left thigh circ - 23.75
left calf circ - 16.75

These measurements were taken December 19th

OK…so I did my shoulders, quads, hams, and abs last night…especially stretched the abs and worked them since there was so much lactic acid buildup and soreness…I feel so much better today.

Today started with a high protein, low-carb meal replacement EAS shake and a Hydroxycut. snack will be cottage cheese and lunch will be low-fat beef spaghetti and whole wheat noodles. Head out to the gym for my NEPA cardio - will raise the level up and down at a rate of 3.5 - 3.8 as I have done since last week. I’ll have another shake and then it is dinner over at a friends house…I’ll eat to jsut full (not over do it) and probably have a beer or two. Tomorrow a.m. I am getting up and heading to the gym for cardio again and off for Xmas dinner. Friday is back to work and back to strict 5-6 meals a day and upping my meal replacement shakes from one a day to 3 a day throughout the week. I’ll have one more session for abs and specific planning of the work-out routine for my V-diet program with my trainer. I’ll also redo my measurements, take pictures on the second, and on the 3rd war starts. I asked Chris about my numbers and it looks like it will be the following:

1300 cals for non-work-out days
1600 cals for work-out days

If I feel way fatigued I may up those under the advisement of Chris…

I am ready!

war.

Michael

Captain Warlord

Did you notice that your current breakfast calories- six eggs,toast and jelly- and oh - a fat burner almost equals an entire day day on the V-Diet. What you eat in 15 minutes will have to last you 24hours.

Nice work on the abs keep it up soon that waist will be up to 43 from 42.

Please ask the trainer how that squat rack thing works

Captain Warlord

Did you notice that your current breakfast calories- six eggs,toast and jelly- and oh - a fat burner almost equals an entire day day on the V-Diet. What you eat in 15 minutes will have to last you 24hours.

Nice work on the abs keep it up soon that waist will be up to 43 from 42.

Please ask the trainer how that squat rack thing works [/quote]

Captain 3rd time around…

Did you notice that I have not started the V-diet yet? Did you notice that I have lost 6LBS last week just by watching what I eat, working out, and maintaining my goals? Did you notice that the 6 eggs I ate did not include the yolks?

I did notice that this is your third go around at the diet? Perhaps you should follow your own words and instead of trying to beat me up in my own thread be in the gym or sucking down a shake?

I don’t really care what your issue is, it is obvious that it is deep rooted…but I will do this. I will be taking pictures on the 2nd and starting the V-diet on the same day.

ALSO

I CHALLENGE you Box Car (how cute) to a showdown…let’s see who can stay on the diet, do the workout, update the thread (oh yeah, start your own) and get the best overall results in 28 days…pics, results, measurements, full details on what you do daily…

stand up or get out.

peace

Michael

Your Right!

Who am I to fuck with your fun buzz. I thought you were a TROLL and still suspect but anyways, you seem dedicated and thats the #1 thing required on the VD.

Good Luck

I guess thanks? I believe you are the V-Diet forum police or something but yes, I am dedicated to the program.

I enjoyed the holiday meals but amazingly I spared myself from extra plates of food, watched what I ate and drank and came out of it weighing the same (I’ll verify this tomorrow a.m. - I was in a hurry to get to work.)

I spent the weekend eating right and working on the house…walked the dog for the light cardio workout. I laid floor all weekend so I am actually sore from running back and forth, up and down movement and moving the heavy boxes from the front of the house to the rear.

I have all my supplements lined up for Friday and the fiancee will be taking photos on Thursday night. I’ll post all my first day info on Friday! I am looking forward to it.

Today is eating right and going to the gym right after work.

more to follow.

Michael

Good luck with the V-Diet, don’t let anyone discourage you. I’m also interested in the V-Diet (about 20% bodyfat right now), so bring the updates!!

OK…so I got to the gym a little late…had a guy come over to look at the car I am selling and then headed to the gym. I was kind of hungry by then since I had elongated my time between intake of food but still hit it. Once I got in the gym I was good to go…put my ipod on, stretched out and proceded to hit chest, bi’s, back, and lower back.

I ended the workout with my NEPA walk on an incline between 3.6 - 3.8 and levels 2-4. I went home and had a salad and roasted chicken. I think I should have had a pure protein shake later since I worked out pretty hard but went to sleep.

chest - 135 - repped 15, 15, 12, 10
incline flies - 30LBS - repped 15, 15, 12, 10
incline inner presses - 30LBS 12, 10, 8
pull down - med wide - 100LBS 15, 15, 12, 10
pull down - narrow - 14 (whatever that is) 12, 12, 12, 10
bis - 30LBS - concentrated curls - 15, 15, 15, 15
inners - 15, 15, 15, 15
hammers - 12, 10, 10
lower back raises - 15x2

weighed myself this morning and I am below 240! I am down to 237.5 and my BMI was also down .7

not a HUGE drop but since I have started that is 8.5LBS and that has been in two weeks on just eating right, exercising, getting rest, etc…I can’t wait to start on Friday!

Michael

D-day is coming up pretty quick so I am getting everything all set up. I worked out with my trainer again last night concentrating on my core and abs. I worked out with the ball, half moon ball, weighted ball, etc and he really had me working for a full 30 minutes on full steam ahead. I think we performed at least 6 different methods/styles of abs, some regular core stuff (jumping on and off the half moon, rotating the wieghted ball from one side to up in the air to the opposite side…sounds easy…NOT) push-ups, flies, and finally a nice easy 30 minutes on the treadmill to finish it off.

I went home had a leftover EAS low-carb shake and 1.5 hours later had a pure protein shake with a serving of PB. I will be taking pictures on Thursday evening, weighing in on Saturday morning and getting my measurements done on the same day at 9:30. I will have started the diet on Friday but that was the earliest with the Holiday’s etc that my trainer could do…I don’t think one day is going to make a huge difference.

I am mentally ready for this…in fact, I am excited. It is really cool that there are 3 other people out there that are going to be doing the same thing so the idea of seeing not just my results but all the others is pretty motivating.

So, my workmates have been pretty cool about the whole thing…they are getting used to the fact that I go to lunch with them but that I don’t eat since I have had a shake…today is the last day for real food with them so I have the support there…at home the fiance is ready but I think will still have a little bit of a wake-up call when I do go into it…but she is supportive. She already likes the little results I have had so far. I am ready to go!

Michael

Hey

What happened to the troll

Boxcar