Biotest

Metabolic Drive® Protein with Almond Milk

Dan asks:

I’ve recently purchased the Metabolic Drive protein. Very good. Directions say to mix with water. Is it OK to use almond milk too. Or is it best to just stick with water.

Metabolic Drive was designed to mix well and taste great on its own in plain water. It’s actually won some awards for flavor. Some other protein brands need to be mixed with milk for the added mouthfeel and flavor.

With Metabolic Drive, you can use whatever you want depending on your desired macros and goals. For example, to make a high-calorie protein-packed shake between meals, you might use 2% milk, a frozen banana, and a spoonful of peanut butter to get all the extra protein, carbs, fats, and calories.

If I just want a before-bed shake that delivers a big hit of protein, I’d just use water so that I’m only having protein and the calories in it. If you want to use almond, cashew, oat, or rice milk for a shake, there’s no problem with that. Just account for the extra calories the milk contains.

However, if you’re doing the Velocity Diet, always mix it with water, for the same reason actually. You don’t want to add any of those carbs/fat/calories to the shake.

*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Disclaimer: Individual results may vary.