Biotest

Metabolic Drive Not for Weight Reduction?

I’ve been lurking on this forum for quite a while now and started the V-Diet yesterday.

My question is when I looked at the back of the tub of Low-Carb Metabolic Drive it said something like “to be used a s a nutritional supplement, not to be used for weight reduction”

what the?

It is protein, a low carb protein blend. protein is typically suplemented to increase and/or maintain qty of muscle therefore it wouldn’t necessarily be used for weignt reduction.

Weight reduction doesn’t equate to fat reduction. You can lose weight and still not get any less fat. You can gain weight and still lose fat.

It’s just a disclaimer, so it can be considered as food and not a weight loss supplement.

[quote]Gene_lasker wrote:
Weight reduction doesn’t equate to fat reduction. You can lose weight and still not get any less fat. You can gain weight and still lose fat.[/quote]

That has absoulutely nothing to do with it. It means that there are no ingredients specifically designed to induce fat loss or speed metabolism. It is simply a good source of quality protein that can be used as part of any nutritional program. It can be used to supplement protein needs. It CAN be used while on caloric restriction or even as the mainstay of a diet used to lose fat like the Velocity diet. It can ALSO be used as a part of mass gain program to beef up protein totals and get extra calories. It is what you make of it.

[quote]jsbrook wrote:
That has absoulutely nothing to do with it. It means that there are no ingredients specifically designed to induce fat loss or speed metabolism. It is simply a good source of quality protein that can be used as part of any nutritional program. It can be used to supplement protein needs.

It CAN be used while on caloric restriction or even as the mainstay of a diet used to lose fat like the Velocity diet. It can ALSO be used as a part of mass gain program to beef up protein totals and get extra calories. It is what you make of it. [/quote]

Beat me to it.

[quote]jsbrook wrote:
Gene_lasker wrote:
Weight reduction doesn’t equate to fat reduction. You can lose weight and still not get any less fat. You can gain weight and still lose fat.

That has absoulutely nothing to do with it. It means that there are no ingredients specifically designed to induce fat loss or speed metabolism. It is simply a good source of quality protein that can be used as part of any nutritional program. It can be used to supplement protein needs. It CAN be used while on caloric restriction or even as the mainstay of a diet used to lose fat like the Velocity diet. It can ALSO be used as a part of mass gain program to beef up protein totals and get extra calories. It is what you make of it. [/quote]

How the hell did my response not have anything to do with what the op said in terms of weight reduction? It has everything to do with it, simply in layman’s terms. What you just wrote is simply an elaboration of what I said. The op is obviously looking to lose fat.

[quote]Gene_lasker wrote:
jsbrook wrote:
Gene_lasker wrote:

That has absoulutely nothing to do with it. It means that there are no ingredients specifically designed to induce fat loss or speed metabolism. It is simply a good source of quality protein that can be used as part of any nutritional program. It can be used to supplement protein needs. It CAN be used while on caloric restriction or even as the mainstay of a diet used to lose fat like the Velocity diet. It can ALSO be used as a part of mass gain program to beef up protein totals and get extra calories. It is what you make of it.

How the hell did my response not have anything to do with what the op said in terms of weight reduction? It has everything to do with it, simply in layman’s terms. What you just wrote is simply an elaboration of what I said. The op is obviously looking to lose fat.[/quote]

No, it has nothing to do with it. You made a valid distinction between losing weight and losing fat. Metabolic Drive is not for either. There is nothing intrinsically in the ingredients designed for fat loss. It is not designed to speed the metabolism or induce fat loss. It is simply a quality protein whose use is valid on ANY nutrional program, be it fat loss, weight gain, performance, meeting protein needs. Whatever it may be. It’s not designed for fat loss. Simple as that. It CAN be used as part of a fat loss program if calories and other macros are properly in line.

closed #9

closed #10

closed #11