Biotest

Metabolic Drive Bars

Just got mine delivered, and these are pretty f***ing fabulous! I wouldn’t compare them to anything else out there. Unbelievable.

That is all.

Thanks for the feedback. I think you’re the first!

The new <a href="http://www.t-nation.com/store/products/metabolic-drive-bars"target=“new”>Metabolic Drive Bars are shockingly good, even compared to the previous MD bars.

OMG these bars.

I like I like I like. I do sort of miss the older cookie dough for mouth feel ( was very chewy and solid ) these are just so moist and cookie/brownie like.

Great stuff. Had a warm chocolate chunk and a cold cookie dough. Will try in reverse to see how they are as well. Thanks Tim, glad these are back in stock, they fit perfect with my macro’s and work really well for post workout meal additions.

[quote]corstijeir wrote:
OMG these bars.

I like I like I like. I do sort of miss the older cookie dough for mouth feel ( was very chewy and solid ) these are just so moist and cookie/brownie like.

Great stuff. Had a warm chocolate chunk and a cold cookie dough. Will try in reverse to see how they are as well. Thanks Tim, glad these are back in stock, they fit perfect with my macro’s and work really well for post workout meal additions. [/quote]
Man corst mine are supposed to be delivered today,your killing me buddy.

So the only question left is which flavor is better?

[quote]DSQ98 wrote:
[/quote]

The one with chocolate. :slight_smile:

These Metabolic Drive bars are getting very high reviews! I’m really regretting not adding these to my order Wednesday.

[quote]Chris Shugart wrote:

[quote]DSQ98 wrote:
[/quote]

[/quote]

Haha. That narrows it down. I bought a box of each but I’m not a big chocolate guy. Any non chocolate people reviews thus far?

[quote]DSQ98 wrote:

[quote]DSQ98 wrote:
[/quote]

[/quote]

Haha. That narrows it down. I bought a box of each but I’m not a big chocolate guy. Any non chocolate people reviews thus far? [/quote]

If you had to pick a non-chocoloate bar flavor, what would it be? Just curious.

[quote]DSQ98 wrote:

[quote]DSQ98 wrote:
[/quote]

[/quote]

Haha. That narrows it down. I bought a box of each but I’m not a big chocolate guy. Any non chocolate people reviews thus far? [/quote]

If you had to pick a non-chocoloate bar flavor, what would it be? Just curious. [/quote]

LEMON.
The original Grow! bar flavor.

[quote]
LEMON.
The original Grow! bar flavor.[/quote]

Those were a nice change of pace, weren’t they?

[quote]DSQ98 wrote:

[quote]DSQ98 wrote:
[/quote]

[/quote]

If you had to pick a non-chocoloate bar flavor, what would it be? Just curious. [/quote]

It’s not that I dislike chocolate but I prefer it in combination w other flavors, ie peanut butter, chocolate chip, caramel. I know most of the bars from other companies have crap ingredients so I stay away from them. I rather eat a bar from Biotest that has mostly “clean” ingredients than some other bar that tastes better but is practically a candy bar. I still haven’t tried one of the new bars so I can’t comment on the taste yet.

But to answer your question, I would pick an oatmeal cookie type bar. Or an oatmeal type bar that incorporates a fruit flavor like apple, banana, blueberry ect. I did like the old lemon bars but they did taste a bit artificial and had a little bit of a bite for an aftertaste. Send the oatmeal cookie crunch prototype bars my way when Biotest starts formulating them :slight_smile:

Mmm, oatmeal would be good, maybe with some fruit flavors. Sounds like a good breakfast bar.

Oatmeal and raisin would be a dream! Can’t wait until Wednesday when by 4 boxes show up!

Throw in some cinnamon from Penzey’s and you’re golden!

[quote]buffd_samurai wrote:

LEMON.
The original Grow! bar flavor.[/quote]

+1

I do love the new reformulate flavors, but a different flavor would be most enjoyable outside of the realm of “sweet”

I ordered a box of each flavor to try out. First off, when I opened the wrapper the chocolate coating had melted significantly. I live in Louisiana and it is pretty hot, but this was pretty bad. I can’t imagine the weather here is unique so I hope it was just an issue with my order in particular.

As for actual taste, the chewy cookie was outstanding. Great taste and texture, but a little messy. Even after the bars had cooled down the chocolate seemed to melt in my hand fairly quickly. The chocolate chunk was not as enjoyable. Same taste but a little too firm for me, but that’s just personal preference. All in all, the chewy cookie are great bars and I’ll most likely order again, but I really hope the bars hold up in shipping better than my order would indicate.

[quote]cmryan_21 wrote:
I ordered a box of each flavor to try out. First off, when I opened the wrapper the chocolate coating had melted significantly. I live in Louisiana and it is pretty hot, but this was pretty bad. I can’t imagine the weather here is unique so I hope it was just an issue with my order in particular.

As for actual taste, the chewy cookie was outstanding. Great taste and texture, but a little messy. Even after the bars had cooled down the chocolate seemed to melt in my hand fairly quickly. The chocolate chunk was not as enjoyable. Same taste but a little too firm for me, but that’s just personal preference. All in all, the chewy cookie are great bars and I’ll most likely order again, but I really hope the bars hold up in shipping better than my order would indicate.[/quote]

The chocolate chunk in the fridge is awesome. Maybe don’t store it in the fridge as that was a bit hard to eat, but a hour or two does great. Same for the cookie dough.

[quote]corstijeir wrote:

[quote]cmryan_21 wrote:

As for actual taste, the chewy cookie was outstanding. Great taste and texture, but a little messy. Even after the bars had cooled down the chocolate seemed to melt in my hand fairly quickly. The chocolate chunk was not as enjoyable. Same taste but a little too firm for me, but that’s just personal preference. All in all, the chewy cookie are great bars and I’ll most likely order again, but I really hope the bars hold up in shipping better than my order would indicate.[/quote]

The chocolate chunk in the fridge is awesome. Maybe don’t store it in the fridge as that was a bit hard to eat, but a hour or two does great. Same for the cookie dough.[/quote]

Would you say doing this gives it a better mouth feel? Kinda makes you have to chew it more?

I agree, a flavor that is other than chocolate and maybe less sweet would be great. I like the idea of lemon or maybe an oatmeal with a jelly flavor. Also, peanut butter is beating a dead horse in my opinion. But the masses have the vote.

I have had them both over the last couple of days and they are great.My taste preference Is just the same as It was with the old ones .I like the cookie dough better than the choc chunk but they are both top drawer.Once again thanks Tim and Biotest for another great product.