Biotest

MeneGene: Velocity 3.0: Start Date - March 16, 2009

awesome goals. where are your measurements and pictures?

“Sad” doesn’t cut it.

Get mad.

And if you really wanted to succeed, you’d do a strict V-Diet, not a half-ass version with extra solid meals. This is unconscious failure planning.

This is tough love. I’ve been where you are. And you aren’t going to break out of it until you get REALLY serious.

whoa. ditto Chris. I didn’t see that you were planning a solid meal every day Mene. That isn’t the V-Diet. All or nothing here man.

Day 2

Chris/jstirto:

Thanks. I went back and re-read the ad/guidelines for the diet. I thought I was supposed to scale down to no HSM during the first week. Hence the “(week 1)” mention. Turns out, it was the post-V-Diet that has a “ramp up” to more whole foods (ie- week1, week2). I appreciate the correction. Consider it ‘kaizen’. Today, has been different.

Goals for today:

1. Submit measurements here. (done)
  2. Drink shake for breakfast, Flameout, multi (done)
  3. Drink shake for lunch, Flameout, fiber (done)
  4. Drink shake mid-afternoon, Flameout (done)
  5. Drink shake dinner, Flameout (done)
  6. Drink shake before bedtime, Flameout,fiber
  7. Prepare photos for posting
  8. Prepare Avatar for posting (done)

Measurements:

Height: 5’7"
Weight: 193
Neck: 16"
Shoulders: 48"
Upper Chest (Pec/Shoulder): 42"
Lower Chest (Ribs): 38"
Waist (Navel): 38"
Waist (Handles): 38.5"
Hips (Pelvis/Glutes): 41.5"
Upper Arms (Left Bi): 14"
Upper Arms (Right Bi): 14"
Upper Leg (Left Quads): 24"
Upper Leg (Right Quads): 24"
Lower Leg (Left Calf): 15.5"
Lower Leg (Right Calf): 15.5"
Left Ankle: 9"
Right Ankle: 9"

Personal Note:
The feeling towards the end of the day sucked. I’m so pissed off that I have to go to this length to undo all of the bullshit I’ve done to myself. I know that if I can make it through tommorrow, I’ll be one step closer to the day when I don’t feel so crappy.

I’m psyched that if I just concentrate my focus away from the bad feelings, I realize that I’m in control and I’m calling the shots - not my body. I get to workout tommorrow and see how much better the workout will feel without the bloated, fat-filled gut slowing me down. I’m gonna fuckin’ own the gym.

• Really f*&^%$#g pissed off… MeneGene

[quote]MeneGene wrote:
Day 2

Chris/jstirto:

Thanks. I went back and re-read the ad/guidelines for the diet. I thought I was supposed to scale down to no HSM during the first week. Hence the “(week 1)” mention. Turns out, it was the post-V-Diet that has a “ramp up” to more whole foods (ie- week1, week2). I appreciate the correction. Consider it ‘kaizen’. Today, has been different.

Goals for today:

1. Submit measurements here. (done)
  2. Drink shake for breakfast, Flameout, multi (done)
  3. Drink shake for lunch, Flameout, fiber (done)
  4. Drink shake mid-afternoon, Flameout (done)
  5. Drink shake dinner, Flameout (done)
  6. Drink shake before bedtime, Flameout,fiber
  7. Prepare photos for posting
  8. Prepare Avatar for posting (done)

Measurements:

Height: 5’7"
Weight: 193
Neck: 16"
Shoulders: 48"
Upper Chest (Pec/Shoulder): 42"
Lower Chest (Ribs): 38"
Waist (Navel): 38"
Waist (Handles): 38.5"
Hips (Pelvis/Glutes): 41.5"
Upper Arms (Left Bi): 14"
Upper Arms (Right Bi): 14"
Upper Leg (Left Quads): 24"
Upper Leg (Right Quads): 24"
Lower Leg (Left Calf): 15.5"
Lower Leg (Right Calf): 15.5"
Left Ankle: 9"
Right Ankle: 9"

Personal Note:
The feeling towards the end of the day sucked. I’m so pissed off that I have to go to this length to undo all of the bullshit I’ve done to myself. I know that if I can make it through tommorrow, I’ll be one step closer to the day when I don’t feel so crappy.

I’m psyched that if I just concentrate my focus away from the bad feelings, I realize that I’m in control and I’m calling the shots - not my body. I get to workout tommorrow and see how much better the workout will feel without the bloated, fat-filled gut slowing me down. I’m gonna fuckin’ own the gym.

• Really f*&^%$#g pissed off… MeneGene
    [/quote]

THAT’s WHAT I’M TALKIN ABOUT!!!
good “go and get em attitude”! how’d it work for you in the gym?

Hi Menegene,

I love what you have to say to Lisa in her blog, I always read it. You are going to do a great job on the Vdiet. Keep the hard work up and just stick to Chris’ plan. I’m only a day behind you.

Have a great day at the gym and kick some butt!
Jamie

Very cool MeneGene. I read your blog a few days ago and you will do very well I think.

What you said about you being in control, you call the shots, not your body…that’s a good attitude with yourself. I’ve been repeating that to myself since I read it in your blog ever since I started. Especially when Im cooking dinner for my family. And especially when I was nauseated and exhausted and irritable and ok flat out bitchy.

MeneGene I responded to your last post in my thread, check it out when you get time.

Chin up dude, YOU call the shots. Burn the m&ms bag if it helps.

Mene Gene: Saw your posts on Lisa’s blog and you sound like my kinda guy. You are pissed off and aren’t going to take it anymore. You are about to whip this diet’s ass, get its number, and call it up and make fun of it later…

I love your “newly acquired” take no prisoners attitude (wasn’t so sure after your first post, but it makes sense now that you’ve stated you just misunderstood the diet start plan, so no worries!)

As far as your weak moments, let me offer the following advice. NOT SAFE FOR WORK and pretty crude…don’t say I didn’t warn you:

I love T-Nation because of the no-bullshit, no holds barred attitude. This site isn’t for the weak of heart; its not for lazy pussies; it is for real men and women that really want to make a difference and not just fucking talk about making a difference.

This isn’t a “look at yourself in the mirror and tell yourself you can do it” kinda site, it is a “stop being a fucking fat jerkoff, and get your lazy ass in the gym so you can fuck hot girls again…” kinda site (obviously different for single guys vs. married guys, but picturing your wife rubbing down your 8-pack might be a nice substitute I suppose).

But I digress…when I feel like having a weak moment (and believe me, they’re everywhere that my friends are) I don’t feel sad and bad about myself, I get FUCKING PISSED…

Throw the M&M across the room if you have to…toss the fucking fries out the window in a fit of rage (then go back to McD’s and buy some more for you kid so he stops crying)…MAN THE FUCK UP AND DO THIS THING!!! YOU KNOW YOU CAN, SO DONT PRETEND LIKE YOU CANT!!!

V-DIET BABY! That’s what this thing is all about…lets rock…