Biotest

Mega Brunch

A sunday tradition in our house, my fiancee and I make a big 'ol brunch, followed by a worthy training session later in the day. Here’s today’s!

(split between the 2 of us)
-Almond pancakes w blue/blackberries and a little agave syrup. First ever attempt at these today, they came out great following Shugart’s recipe. To save a few bucks on almond flour I purchased a few pounds of raw almonds at a farmer’s market and put them in the food processor. So, the almond flour was more of an almond meal consistency, but the pancakes had a great texture.
-4 whole eggs
-8 oz lean ground turkey
-1 chicken sausage
-4 piece turkey bacon
-a little homemade tomato sauce
-handful of organic shredded mozzarella

that looks tasty, ever tried cooked the berries in the pancakes? i love putting blueberries in my protein or almond flour pancakes

Looks great!

Go easy on the agave. It’s basically hippy high-fructose corn syrup. Nasty stuff.

Thanks for the advice CS! We haven’t used the Agave in a while, I’ll be sure to keep it out of the house. For the once in a blue moon we still make pancakes, any better substitutions?

@Stokes - Great thinking! Yes we’ve tried that before, love the berries in the pancakes, usually blackberries or blueberries. One time last year we put some organic dark chocolate covered pomegranate in the pancakes, amazing!

[quote]robstein wrote:
Thanks for the advice CS! We haven’t used the Agave in a while, I’ll be sure to keep it out of the house. For the once in a blue moon we still make pancakes, any better substitutions? [/quote]

I don’t mind a little sugar-free syrup, but these do contain sugar alcohols and can lead to gas.

[quote]robstein wrote:
Thanks for the advice CS! We haven’t used the Agave in a while, I’ll be sure to keep it out of the house. For the once in a blue moon we still make pancakes, any better substitutions? [/quote]

not CS, but i like to take my favorite fruits, mash em up really well. and put em in a small pan with a little added water (depending on the consistency you like) bring it to a bubble, then reduce heat and let it simmer till it thickens…(you can add some sweetener like splenda or whatnot if you like it really sweet, I prefer it without it though)…and voila, insta-syrup (or you can just get lazy and heat up some kind of nut butter and use that instead, it’s tasty also)