Biotest

Medisab's V-Diet 3.0 Log

The article is right; I am angry about the body I see in the mirror. Unfortunately, I don’t have the technological know-how to post the pics. It’s getting worked on though. Stats are below and they are disgusting enough that they should give a rough idea.

Height 6.0
Weight - 256
Neck 17.5
Shoulders 48.5
Chest Upper - 44
Chest Lower - 42
Waist - at Navel 44.5
Waist - at largest 45.5
Hips - at largest 45.5
Upper Arm L 15.5
Upper Arm R - 15
Upper Leg L 27.5
Upper Leg R 27.5
Lower Leg L - 17
Lower Leg R 17.5
Ankle L 10.5
Ankle R 10.5

If anyone has any suggestions on how this diet works with rotating shifts (timing), please feel free to add a reply

[quote]medisab wrote:
The article is right; I am angry about the body I see in the mirror. Unfortunately, I don’t have the technological know-how to post the pics. It’s getting worked on though. Stats are below and they are disgusting enough that they should give a rough idea.

Height 6.0
Weight - 256
Neck 17.5
Shoulders 48.5
Chest Upper - 44
Chest Lower - 42
Waist - at Navel 44.5
Waist - at largest 45.5
Hips - at largest 45.5
Upper Arm L 15.5
Upper Arm R - 15
Upper Leg L 27.5
Upper Leg R 27.5
Lower Leg L - 17
Lower Leg R 17.5
Ankle L 10.5
Ankle R 10.5

If anyone has any suggestions on how this diet works with rotating shifts (timing), please feel free to add a reply[/quote]

Not sure if this will help but it shouldn’t matter what shift you work, as long as you get all 5 shakes in while you are awake. What works for me is when I wake up, I calculate how long I will be up for the day, divide by 5 and that will tell me how often I should be taking my shakes.

Bartl,

Appreciate the info. Thats about what I’m currently doing. The biggest problem I forsee is switching from one schedule to the next. I can either get sleep and miss a shake or two or just suck it, stay awake and I’ll end up hitting about 7-8 shakes in a 24 period.

Welcome aboard! Shift work is tough, but Bartl is right: just try to get those shakes in. An occasional missed shake is okay (1 or 2 per entire dieting period), but make it a habit and you could lose muscle and slow your metabolism.

Keep us posted!

Chris,

Sounds good. Thanks for the welcome.

I am currently working overnight so my shake schedule looks like one at 200 pm, 600 pm, 1000 pm, 200am, and 600 am. I’ll then be sleeping from around 800 am til 200 pm tomorrow and the cycle continues.

I’m not sure whether it’s the lack of solid food or the dynamite workout from last night but I’m already thinking about the next workout. Plus, I’m looking to see how my progress is in two weeks. I’m friggin pumped!

Good day to all.

Night 2 went well, actually a lot better than I had expected. I say this only because after about the second shake on the first day, I realized what a jolt it is not having solid food. But f’it! It’s exactly what I require.

I’m going with the one meal at a time approach and trying not to think about having 25 shakes in a row before a solid meal. So far, it’s working. I think throwing in the coffee or green tea will help. I’m giving that a whirl tonight so that should be a little bit of a benefit.

I chose the intermediate program and the first workout kicked ass! I got the second workout tonight so I’m looking forward to it.

Good luck to all. I’ll be checking back in tomorrow.

Good day to all.

Night 3 not too shabby. I grabbed a nice D n D coffee right at the start and I think having it helped. Not only the caffiene jolt, but the appetite supressant effect made a world of difference. Plus, and apologies in advance to Biotest, but just a flavor of something besides water and chocolate protein was nice. Don’t get me wrong, the shakes are good. But having anything as many times as we are in a row will eventually lead to tastebud fatigue.

Now, to something much more important. After waking up this afternoon, I must have seen more food placements in about a two hour span that I can remember from my entire life. I’m sure this has to do with the hypersensitivity to anything solid food related, but it seemed like food was everywhere; t.v., radio, billboards on the road, christ just driving around I could SMELL it in the friggin air. So like when a guy goes to a stripclub, I thought long and hard about cheating, about giving in. “This is too hard,” “You’re a fatbody to begin with and nothing will change it,” “Abs and looking good are overated anyway.” So I decided not to wait until Saturday and weigh myself right now. My thought was that since it was after I slept during my “night” the scale should be the equivalent to a morning weigh-in.

Before I got on the scale, I had decided that I needed to see some movement on it. Some decline that would make this struggle worth it. Well, holy crap when I got on, I had dropped to 247! Just to repeat, 247! Now, I realize this is still disgusting fatboy level. However, 9 lbs since I started three days ago. And again, I know for those of us that are a bit thicker round the middle parts that initially the fat should be coming off like a girls self respect during a wet t-shirt contest. But 9 lbs? Seriously?

All the friggin motivation I needed.

Continued good luck to all.

I’m keeping it short and sweet today.

Nights four and five went decent. Again, I threw in the cup of coffee and I really think it helped ease the effects of not eating solid foods. The workout was dynamite! I have never done the hand walk outs before so it took some getting used to. Although it was similiar to using an ab wheel, it definately was a little awkward at first.

Looking forward to this Saturday’s weigh-in and hoping for a continued drop in the lbs.

Continued luck to all. I’ll check back in after the weigh-in.

After the official Saturday morning weigh-in, I’m down to 246.5. Holy f’n crap!. Again, this is still way, overweight for where I should and be and where I once was. But this is a significant improvement. And it’s really a pretty good start I think.

After building up all week to the HSM, I had really planned on just gorging myself. I was amazingly suprised however at how quick I did fill up. i got to throw down some, chicken, steak, lots of brocoli, cauliflower, cucumbers and a little bittle of spinach leaves for my salad. This was easily the best meal I can remember eating in a long time. Sure it has more to do with not eating solid foods in a week, but still; awesome friggin tasting food.

Since I did have the HSM yesterday, I decided to hold off on the V-burn til today. I’m curious to see how it goes. I’ll check back in tomorrow with another update.

Here’s hoping everyone has as good of results as I did!

Way to go!! That’s pretty good, you should get some pictures up! How are your measurements going?

Keep it up and good luck with the V-burn (it’s not so bad when it’s over - lol!)