Biotest

Marycler on the V-Diet!

Start Date: 2009-08-30

So I am not starting the diet just yet although I am almost ready - I just need my flaxmeal and fiber. I am simply setting up my log here to make it more official to myself.

I had tried the V-Diet in the past and did not even last a week. I did not want it enough I suppose. This time around, though, I have the support and a great incentive in October when I will be a bridesmaid.

Now, I am focusing on eating cleaner while emptying out all my frozen clean food and continuing going to the gym. Once the food is out, I will start the diet. The “will” is not a promise to fail as I will really complete this!

Post edited to change the name of the log. It was previously “Marycler Will Try It Again!”. I am doing more than just trying… I am doing the V-Diet!

Yo good luck. I too have tried the diet before, and 2 weeks was the longest I made it. I am on day 2 now, and it’s starting to kick in that I am not going to eat for a while.

Put some pictures up. I’ll get on here and yell at you if you need motivation.

Finally, the day has arrived! I am starting the V-Diet. My first shake is down. It was really good. I see that the superfood can only be mixed with chocolate or vanilla MD. It wouldn’t be so great with strawberry and my order is mostly strawberry. Hummm… Today will then be a day of pairing and testing.

Pictures and measurements will follow.

I have great support! For that, I am grateful and it was mostly the reason it didn’t workout the first time.

To all V-Dieter who have a start day of Sunday August 23… good luck! We can do it!

Good luck - put up some stats!

Our start date is tomorrow, 8-24… we will be following you closely! Post some pics of that beautiful bridesmaid dress… we all want to see!

Good luck

N

What’s wrong with mixing Superfood with Strawberry shake?

By the way, my suggestion is mixing scoops of different kinds of protein. I tried doing just one flavor and it’s okay the first two or three days. Then you get sick of it. Change-up keeps things fresh and makes it easier.

I’m currently on Day 7, by the way, so I’m kinda there with ya. Best of luck, you can do it!

Things are going well shake-wise. NEPA was done but I biked for it. There was an outing to community gardens today and I really wanted to participate. Doing a walk on top of that would be pushing it.

To answer ZGrant, I will have to try it but Superfood being cocoa flavoured, it would taste weird to me. I have no problems drinking only strawberry but once I get passed the first week, I may feel otherwise.

Anyways, I will log back in tomorrow. And before I go, I’ll be adding stats and pictures.

As promised.

Height: 5 feet 4 inches
Weight: 150.8 lbs
Neck: 13.25
Shoulders: 41
Chest - Upper: 36.5
Chest - Lower: 31
Waist - at Navel: 33.25
Waist - at largest: 36
Hips - at largest: 41.25
Upper Arm - L: 11.25
Upper Arm - R: 11
Upper Leg - L: 25.75
Upper Leg - R: 25
Lower Leg - L: 15
Lower Leg - R: 14.75
Ankle - L: 10
Ankle - R: 9.5

My left and right legs are not the same size. That is confusing!

Day 2! But still 41 days to go…

I took in all my shakes yesterday. I got used to the taste a while back so to me, it’s almost a treat! I will probably feel differently about this!

I am wondering how taking my shake at work will go. I packed my baggies of protein but thinking about bringing the jug over here so that I won’t be able to forget about it. I also need to get myself some extra shaker bottles or a mini-blender.

I am completing my training after work so I brought the Surge with me. My first challenge… I am meeting a friend prior and one after. I have green tea as the beverage of choice and I also brought a shake for while I am there. Hopefully this goes well. I am being accountable to a lot of people so I have lots of reasons to stick to the plan.

I started a thread over in Figure Athletes ( http://tnation.tmuscle.com/free_online_forum/diet_performance_nutrition_bodybuilding_velocity/marycler_on_the_vdiet_start_date20090823 ) linking to here. I am also seeking support from women and there are not as many on T-Nation.

I will now take some time to follow some threads.

Hey MC - good luck you will look great! You have a small frame too so definately 10 lbs would be a big difference. Your arms look small they will become more defined, just stick to your workout!!

Taylor

So after work, I walk to the coffee shop and got a mint green tea. No sweetener makes a difference! Then I went to the gym. This diet will be more difficult than I thought training wise.

I’m no beginner but can’t perform all the intermediate exercises. Also, I will need to check back on reps - it is confusing. So my first training look like this.
5 minutes warm-up on arc trainer.
Lat pull down - neutral grip: 10 reps at 80 pounds, 9-7-5 reps at 85 pounds and I could have continued. I stopped right there because I reached more than 20 reps.
Back Squat: 6-4-5-3 at 135 pounds:
DB Bench Press: 9 at 25 pounds, 5-4-5 at 30 pounds
Plank Hold: 30s, 28s, 30s, 30s and 16s. I hate working out abs and I couldn’t remember how long I had to hold.

I didn’t fell too good afterward. Yes I finished the workout but I was pooped right away. Surge was good because I had it before. I remember how it was too sweet. It is a shock when I didn’t expect the drink to be that sweet! I walked back home so I completed all my NEPA.

I am hoping to shread 10 pound of fat. Not much more. My arms may even get bigger as I didn’t direct train them for a year. They grow fast. For me, if the hips measurement go down, I will be quite happy. That is my problem spot.

[quote]Taylor78 wrote:
Hey MC - good luck you will look great! You have a small frame too so definitely 10 lbs would be a big difference. Your arms look small they will become more defined, just stick to your workout!!

Taylor[/quote]

[quote]marycler wrote:
Day 2! But still 41 days to go…

I took in all my shakes yesterday. I got used to the taste a while back so to me, it’s almost a treat! I will probably feel differently about this!

I am wondering how taking my shake at work will go. I packed my baggies of protein but thinking about bringing the jug over here so that I won’t be able to forget about it. I also need to get myself some extra shaker bottles or a mini-blender.

I am completing my training after work so I brought the Surge with me. My first challenge… I am meeting a friend prior and one after. I have green tea as the beverage of choice and I also brought a shake for while I am there. Hopefully this goes well. I am being accountable to a lot of people so I have lots of reasons to stick to the plan.

I started a thread over in Figure Athletes ( http://tnation.tmuscle.com/free_online_forum/diet_performance_nutrition_bodybuilding_velocity/marycler_on_the_vdiet_start_date20090823 ) linking to here. I am also seeking support from women and there are not as many on T-Nation.

I will now take some time to follow some threads.[/quote]

Hi there - good luck! Day 2 for me as well today…!
Oskar

Day 1 and then workout kicked my butt as well. I think the short rest periods are what did me in. Keep it up… 10 lbs will be gone before you know it! Surge is way too sweet. Any hints on cutting it other than a gallon of water? LOL

N

I realized this morning when I took the fish oil supplement, that I had forgotten to take 4 of my 5 tablets yesterday. I packed some for work today and hopefully will think about them. I should really have a little fridge in my cubicle!

I just posted some advice about eating clean and I can’t wait for the diet to be done so that I can follow my own advice. But I needed an extreme diet before resuming my clean eating.

Anyways… so far, so good. Today should go well. There is only NEPA to do.

How am I taking my shakes?
Morning: 1 scoop of Chocolate and 1 scoop of Banana. Delicious.
At work, I am taking 1 scoop of strawberry and therefore splitting my two meals in three smaller meals.
Dinner: 2 scoops of vanilla but vanilla is really sweet. I had just one scoop and shook it but it was still crumbly so definitively have to blend. Also, the superfood keeps on being lumpy when shaken. I still have to figure out what flavour I want.
Before bed, I really can only stomach one scoop of chocolate so I drink the other scoop before hand in the evening. It works out… I drink all the protein shakes I am supposed too.
PWO: 2 scoops of Surge with 18oz of really really cold water and it is really yummy! A treat!

good luck mary, You’ll probably loose more than 10lbs, i lost close to that in the first week but i believe it was mostly water weight. stick to the workout program and you’ll be golden. By the way I hate core work also, but the deadlifts are growing on me. Did you pickup that se7en stuff?

Thanks Snookerd. I know women don’t lose as much on a diet like this compared to men. We will see. I’m mostly looking for a body recomposition. No se7en for me… only HOT-ROX. I almost forgot to take them on my first day as they are not listed on the plan!

So day 4! I hope it gets better drinking the shakes. The first two days were good but now, the one I blend, they take longer to drink and I don’t like it. Only the strawberry flavour I can shake and drink fast. Maybe my blended shakes I can add some water afterward to drink faster but I don’t want to drink and drink and drink. Plain water is better than an extra long shake!

I found yesterday that I was talking a lot about normal food. I miss it. My HSM is already planned for Saturday. I know it will be so good!

Yesterday, I was a bit sore from Monday’s workout and the NEPA didn’t help as I got sorer. But that’s good news. To me, soreness is a great indicator of how I performed my workout. I’ll be training after work.

Sounds like you have the mental game under control! Great job. Keep up the posts. I am enjoying reading all of the goings on of those that started at about the same time as we did.

Have a great day

N

So training went so-so last night. Mostly because of two exercises. I have a balance problem due to a medical issue so doing step-ups or reverses lunges with the weights were difficult at the beginning and I just gave up and continued with body weight only. I was also figuring out which of the two exercises I have less trouble keeping the balance. It looks like I will do step-ups only in the future. I will do more than 40 reps but I will eventually add back the weights and lower the reps. I need some practice. I wanted to do the side plank holds and for that, too, I needed my balance so I gave up and did just regular plank holds. Not for long as I was still sore from Monday. And it was getting late. I’ll edit later to add exactly what I did since I don’t have my logbook with me.

EDIT

Step-up: 10 at 20 pounds
Reverse Lunge: 5 at 20 pounds
Step-up: 10-9-10 at BW
BB Bent-Over Row: 12 at 40 pounds, 12-8-8 at 50 pounds
BB Curls: 12-12-10-10 at 30 pounds
Plank Hold: 20s and 16s

Surge was a treat! I wasn’t sure when to take my next shake so I did other things at my place. Then I decided to get a hot bath with Epsom salt. That felt good. But when I was relaxing, I realized that I would have been way due for a shake so I knew I was getting one after I was done. I rinsed from the bath and washed my hair. Twice I felt light-headed where I had to sit down in the shower.

I was finally done and got out of the bath. I got light-headed again but this time I felt really weak and cried out for my boyfriend. He saw me going down while opening the bathroom door. The nice cool air from the door opening is what made me stronger. But he was not impressed at all since it’s a first for me and he knew that it was the diet’s fault. I understand him completely but it was my fault in a way where I should have drank my shake before taking my bath.

The hot environment didn’t help. I lay down for a bit but I knew I needed my shake but did felt weak somewhat. He helped me fix it and I felt better and stronger with every sip I took. He warned me; if it happens again, I need to stop the diet but I don’t want that to happen. Anyways, from that little story remember to drink your shakes at good interval!

I went to bed and woke up at 3am. Since starting the diet, I need to go to the bathroom in the middle of the night. I’m drinking too much water! I hadn’t drink half of a shake and I was hungry so I made myself that shake. Again, from that little story (not as eventful, ouf!), remember to drink all of your shakes!

So I started to dilute more my two scoops shakes. It is much better. Not as sweet and you don’t have to sip as long and you sip faster.

Today should go really well. NEPA only and it is wonderful… we are having such a sunny week!

I just want to get through this week. One more day before I can have my HSM. Day 5 now and this is a good achievement for me as the other time I tried the diet, I gave up after 4 days.

The excitement of starting the V-Diet has winded down so I guess people starting the diet next week will be my source of “excitement” to get me to push myself.

I am training after work. I hope I am not too tired by then as I went to bed late.

*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Disclaimer: Individual results may vary.