Biotest

Mark's Pre-Summer V-Diet

Hey, well I’m 18 and a freshman at college. I decided to try the V-Diet before summer. I haven’t really been active in the gym for quite sometime (4-5 months). My supplements are getting here on Friday when my mom brings them to me at college. I look forward to doing this, and doing it right. Here are my starting stats:

Height: 67 3/4 inches
Weight: 156 pounds
Neck: 14 inches
Shoulders: 42
Chest Upper: 37
Chest Lower: 36
Waist Navel: 32 1/2
Waist Largest: 34
Hips Largest: 34
Upper Arm L: 11
Upper Arm R: 11 1/2
Upper Leg L: 22
Upper Leg R: 22 1/2
Lower Leg L: 13 1/2
Lower Leg R: 13 1/2
Ankle L: 8 1/2
Ankle R: 8 1/2

I’ll be starting Monday and will be training the beginner program. I will upload pictures soon.

Good luck Vicious. It’s good to see a guy at 18 years old getting a hold of his fitness and nutrition. Kick ass in the weight room and the sorority girls will swoon (even more).

156 pounds?

Looking forward to reviewing those photos. While scale weight doesn’t tell us as much as actual body composition, that seems very light.

In fact, the V-Diet calculator cuts you off at 160, so you either “lied” to the calculator or you’re doing some homemade half-assed version of the V-Diet.

[quote]Chris Shugart wrote:
156 pounds?

Looking forward to reviewing those photos. While scale weight doesn’t tell us as much actual body composition, that seems very light.

In fact, the V-Diet calculator cuts you off at 160, so you either “lied” to the calculator or you’re doing some homemade half-assed version of the V-Diet.

[/quote]

Could be a woman!

LR

Didn’t notice the title. My bad!

LR

I have the pictures but they don’t seem to post so I’m going to re size them and try again.

5’9 and 156, seems to be a little light to be doing the V-Diet.

LR

If this picture posts… front- not flexed

side

back not flexed

front flexed

back flexed

[quote]London Runner wrote:

LR[/quote]

I’m 5’7 3/4’s of an inch tall not 5’9.

156 pounds?

Looking forward to reviewing those photos. While scale weight doesn’t tell us as much as actual body composition, that seems very light.

[/quote]

Yeah I “lied” to the calculator saying I weighed 160. I figured 3-4 pounds doesn’t make too much of a difference. Or does it?

[quote]phatkins187 wrote:
Good luck Vicious. It’s good to see a guy at 18 years old getting a hold of his fitness and nutrition. Kick ass in the weight room and the sorority girls will swoon (even more).[/quote]

Thanks bro, I’m really pumped for this. A few of my friends think I’m going to fail because of the lack of food but it’s only incentive for me to work harder. They bet $60 against me so… there is also money involved which gives me even more drive.

One thing you should ask yourself is, “What do I want to accomplish by doing this?” Unless you have serious goals, it’s going to be way too easy to rationalize during the process.

For me, I want to get rid of some bad eating habits and get a jump start in my lifelong journey to a better body. I’m 30 lbs heavier than I should be, so I know that if I follow the program to a T, I’ll see some noticeable changes.

Personally, I think you should focus on bulking up first before trying to cut weight. But that’s my two cents. Let’s see if anyone else will chime in.

You really don’t need the V-Diet. At 18, a good training program and a clean food bulk will get the job done.

Seriously, you’re not going to be happy if you do the V-Diet. There’s just not much fat there, and not much muscle to uncover.

Think of Gus Pacho from the V-Diet program. He looks great now, but he started at 210, not 156. And he ended around 180 or so, over 20 pounds heavier than you are now. Lots of muscle under there, years of real training experience.

If you want to lose what little fat you have first, that’s fine. But you don’t need something as extreme as the V-Diet to do it. You need time in the gym, lots of effort and focus, good foods, and a couple of protein shakes per day.

You really don’t need the V-Diet. At 18, a good training program and a clean food bulk will get the job done.

Seriously, you’re not going to be happy if you do the V-Diet. There’s just not much fat there, and not much muscle to uncover.

Think of Gus Pacho from the V-Diet program. He looks great now, but he started at 210, not 156. And he ended around 180 or so, over 20 pounds heavier than you are now. Lots of muscle under there, years of real training experience.

If you want to lose what little fat you have first, that’s fine. But you don’t need something as extreme as the V-Diet to do it. You need time in the gym, lots of effort and focus, good foods, and a couple of protein shakes per day.

[/quote]

Hmm so hold off, on the diet? I was thinking It’d help me gain some muscle lose the fat, and start out on a good kick for the rest of my days of training and eating healthily. I take your advice seriously and if you think I shouldn’t have anything to do with it. I’ll just chill and wait it out until i bulk up…

I have the frame for muscle and I think I would gain a lot of muscle back that I once possessed 7 months ago… I was not ripped or a hulk by any means but I was not scronny being able to bench 200 squat 320 and dead lift 300. I dunno? Point me in the right direction Chris and I will go that way…

[quote]MGSVicious wrote:
London Runner wrote:

LR

I’m 5’7 3/4’s of an inch tall not 5’9.
[/quote]

Sorry mate, my mistake.

But Shugs and other posters make some excellent points. You don’t seem to have much bodyfat to begin with, so adding muscle is probably a better route for you at the moment, as you have a lot of growth potential.

I’m starting the V-Diet because I’m over 20% BF, granted i’m only 190lbs but if I bulk now, it’ll take my BF% to dangerous levels health wise.

Good luck whatever you choose to do.

LR