Biotest

Mark Dugdale Log 1

thanks …i see you re-started cardio?
how is your training split now days?

Mark,

I’m looking to buy a new Meadows Program…what has been your favorite? I am thinking about buying the new ‘Omega Beam’ but have heard a lot of good things about ‘Creeping Death’

Also, do you start sipping Plazma b4 the workout or a few sets in? Right now I start my intra WO 2 sets in and finish it 1-2 sets b4 end of Workout…

Thanks!

-Z

[quote]bill2 wrote:
thanks …i see you re-started cardio?
how is your training split now days?[/quote]
It actually just changed this weekend. Planning on the following moving forward:

Saturday - AM Legs (Heavy)
Sunday - AM Back & Biceps (Pump) + HIIT Cardio (15 minutes)
Monday - AM Hot Yoga (1 hour), PM Chest, Shoulders & Triceps (Heavy)
Tuesday - AM Legs (Pump) + HIIT Cardio (15 minutes)
Wednesday - AM Hot Yoga (1 hour), PM Back & Biceps (Heavy)
Thursday - AM Chest, Shoulders & Triceps (Pump) + HIIT Cardio (15 minutes)
Friday AM - Hot Yoga (1 hour)

This may change depending on progress while dieting.

[quote]thezukiman wrote:
Mark,

I’m looking to buy a new Meadows Program…what has been your favorite? I am thinking about buying the new ‘Omega Beam’ but have heard a lot of good things about ‘Creeping Death’

Also, do you start sipping Plazma b4 the workout or a few sets in? Right now I start my intra WO 2 sets in and finish it 1-2 sets b4 end of Workout…

Thanks!

-Z[/quote]
Creeping Death was pretty good as was the Incinerator. The more recent programs have a bit more focus on the torso. I tend to alternate as sometimes I prefer a dedicated arm day.

I probably drink 1.5 servings of Plazma before I hit my first exercise and finish another 1.5 to 2.5 servings by my last set. I start drinking about 15 minutes before I get to the gym.

[quote]Mark Dugdale wrote:

[quote]thezukiman wrote:
Mark,

Thanks!

-Z[/quote]
Creeping Death was pretty good as was the Incinerator. The more recent programs have a bit more focus on the torso. I tend to alternate as sometimes I prefer a dedicated arm day.

I probably drink 1.5 servings of Plazma before I hit my first exercise and finish another 1.5 to 2.5 servings by my last set. I start drinking about 15 minutes before I get to the gym.[/quote]

Three questions:

1. Are you currently doing a Meadow’s Program and the split above is the overarching design?
  2. If you are which Program is it?
  3. Lastly, I suppose you are implying that the latest programs do not have a specific arm day then?? I just finished Carnage and it had an arm day for sure lol!

Thx Mark!!

[quote]thezukiman wrote:

[quote]thezukiman wrote:
Mark,

Thanks!

-Z[/quote]

I probably drink 1.5 servings of Plazma before I hit my first exercise and finish another 1.5 to 2.5 servings by my last set. I start drinking about 15 minutes before I get to the gym.[/quote]

Three questions:

1. Are you currently doing a Meadow’s Program and the split above is the overarching design?
  2. If you are which Program is it?
  3. Lastly, I suppose you are implying that the latest programs do not have a specific arm day then?? I just finished Carnage and it had an arm day for sure lol!

Thx Mark!!
[/quote]

1. Yes, however, I adjust things quite a bit in terms of the manner in which the training days are ordered and the exercise selection (particularly on legs).
  2. Started Program 19 last Saturday.
  3. Yes, after week 3 a direct arm day is dropped in favor of adding biceps to back training and triceps to chest and shoulder days.

Hope this helps!

hey Mark how you implementing hiit cardio at this point?

[quote]bill2 wrote:
hey Mark how you implementing hiit cardio at this point?[/quote]
3 days per week for about 15 minutes on a step mill. 30 seconds nearly running, 1 minute slow, etc for about 5-6 rounds then moderate to the 15 minute mark finish line. I know, 15 minutes isn’t very long. I may increase as contest approaches, but hours on cardio equipment prove less effective for me than short intense sessions.

why you decided to add cardio for this contest prep?

[quote]bill2 wrote:
why you decided to add cardio for this contest prep?[/quote]
Perhaps it’s my age, but sometimes my body needs a new stimulus to kick start change…and I want to get shredded :slight_smile:

I don’t normally use knee sleeves, but I’ve been getting some work done (Graston Technique) and had my Vastus Medialis worked pretty good a few days prior to this leg workout. I added them to keep this warm. My chiro/Graston doc suggested I add a band around my knees to force more glute minimus activation when squatting. He felt that underdeveloped glute minimus was causing instability in my knee joint.

I used something called a Slingshot and was amazed at how much better the entire movement felt. Always learning new things…even after 26 years pushing weights! Here is a video:

hey Mark whats up?
give us some update of you bro your training ,diet etc…

http://images.t-nation.com/forum_images/d/f/df2be_ORIG-Screenshot_2015_09_18_10_04_24_2.jpg

[quote]bill2 wrote:
hey Mark whats up?
give us some update of you bro your training ,diet etc… [/quote]
Saturday I’m 3 weeks out from Europa Phoenix Pro and was 215 this morning. I want to lose another 5 pounds so I’m grinding away. Calories are down to 2k and doing 20 minutes of HIIT Cardio 3 days a week…which is a lot of cardio for a guy who normally doesn’t do any.

looking great Mark. All the best!!

[quote]bill2 wrote:
hey Mark whats up?
Saturday I’m 3 weeks out from Europa Phoenix Pro and was 215 this morning. I want to lose another 5 pounds so I’m grinding away. Calories are down to 2k and doing 20 minutes of HIIT Cardio 3 days a week…which is a lot of cardio for a guy who normally doesn’t do any.[/quote]
what kind of intesity -intervals are u using Mark? tradmil?
still training 7 times weekly?

Highlights from an article I read this morning on the benefits of resveratrol. Another reason to take Biotest’s Rez-V supplement…

Resveratrol is a potent free radical quenching antioxidant found in a number of plants, including grape skins, red wine, raspberries, mulberries, pomegranate, and raw cacao.

When taken in highly concentrated doses, resveratrol appears to stabilize levels of amyloid-beta and prevent further buildup of the protein in the brain, thereby slowing the progression of Alzheimerâ??s disease.

Muscadine grapes have the highest concentration of resveratrol in nature because of their extra thick skins and numerous seeds, in which resveratrol is concentrated.

[quote]bill2 wrote:

[quote]bill2 wrote:
hey Mark whats up?
Saturday I’m 3 weeks out from Europa Phoenix Pro and was 215 this morning. I want to lose another 5 pounds so I’m grinding away. Calories are down to 2k and doing 20 minutes of HIIT Cardio 3 days a week…which is a lot of cardio for a guy who normally doesn’t do any.[/quote]
still training 7 times weekly?[/quote]
I’m now up to 30 minutes 3X/week as I try to get leaner. I use the Stepmill 90 seconds slow, 30 seconds fast, etc.

The only “off” day from training is Friday as I do an hour of hot yoga in the morning and that’s it for the day. I placed this off day before Saturday because that’s my primary leg day and it’s typically 120 minutes of brutality :slight_smile:

[quote]bill2 wrote:

[quote]bill2 wrote:
hey Mark whats up?
I’m now up to 30 minutes 3X/week as I try to get leaner. I use the Stepmill 90 seconds slow, 30 seconds fast, etc.

The only “off” day from training is Friday as I do an hour of hot yoga in the morning and that’s it for the day. I placed this off day before Saturday because that’s my primary leg day and it’s typically 120 minutes of brutality :)[/quote]
good approach to diet Mark…let the diet do its job , do your wheight training and minimal cardio to round things …
whats your diet like bro?
a typical meal plan for you?
like what you ate yesterday for example…!

http://images.t-nation.com/forum_images/4/8/4874e_ORIG-IMG_20151007_185702.jpg

[quote]bill2 wrote:

[quote]bill2 wrote:

[quote]bill2 wrote:
hey Mark whats up?

The only “off” day from training is Friday as I do an hour of hot yoga in the morning and that’s it for the day. I placed this off day before Saturday because that’s my primary leg day and it’s typically 120 minutes of brutality :)[/quote]
good approach to diet Mark…let the diet do its job , do your wheight training and minimal cardio to round things …
whats your diet like bro?
a typical meal plan for you?
like what you ate yesterday for example…![/quote]
I’ve been carb depleting this week, but I’ll give you exactly what I ate yesterday…

AM - 60 minutes Hot Yoga w/1 serving of MAG-10
Breakfast - 1/2 large onion fried in CapTri Oil with 1 container egg whites
Mid-Morning - Shake: Egg white and whey w/psyllium husk fiber
Lunch - 1 chicken breast and 1 cup green beans
Mid-Afternoon - Shake: Egg white and whey w/psyllium husk fiber
PM - Depletion Training* w/2 servings of MAG-10
Dinner - Bowl of organic, homemade bone broth, lemon juice, ground turkey breast, cilantro and Miracle Rice (no carb)

*Depletion Training was basically 4 sets per exercise and 15-20 reps per set. Targeted muscle groups were chest, back, shoulders, biceps, triceps. The focus is light weight and quick reps with as little emphasis on the eccentric as possible. This is very difficult for me personally as I almost always emphasis the negative. Too much eccentric at this phase will lead to too much muscle soreness. He want glycogen depletion of the muscle with as little trauma as possible.

I finished up with 30 yard forward Prowler push immediately followed by 30 yards backwards Prowler push. I did this for two rounds. The Prowler is the perfect eccentric-less exercise for depleting the lower body of glycogen.

Hope this helps!
Mark

great Mark …hope for a win for you!
you seem to go a bit low on protein as opposed to other bodybuilders…why?
what are your macros now?
also what kind of results you saw this year incorporating cardio vs the previous years when you relied more on training, secondary workouts and metabolic workouts?