Your information here is amazing!! I think we all have learned so much, I know I have about nutrition and training!
I am sorry for the length of this post but I want to make sure I am on the right track with my programming. I have read though all of your log and Amits and have modifed my training to take into account alot of the pricipals that I have found.
Here is my “average” training week, obviously things change ie implements used/handles, machine angles and was wondering if there was anything you would change or modify?
My main goals right now are to add as much muscle as possible. Not concered with strength numbers just size. I am currently 175 pounds at 5 foot 10 and am 22 at around 10-11% body fat. Each session I use 3 scoops of plazma as my intraworkout. (Just for reference my squat is 355 deadlift is 375 and dumbbell press 90s by 12 reps, dont do bench due to an elbow injury)
Chest + Shoulders
- Dumbbell Press - 4 sets x 12-10-8-(Drop Set 8-8-8)
- Dumbbell Incline Small Incline - 4 x 12-10-8-8
- Cable Flies - (1 sec squeeze) 3 sets x 10-12 reps
- Cable Flies - (1 sec squeeze) superset with Dumbbell Decline - 3 sets x 10 reps
- Rear Delt - 4 x 15 reps
- Dumbbell Lateral Raise - 12-12-12 + 8-8-8 drop set
- HBBS, SSB, Cambered Bar or Front Squat - 5 sets 12-10-8-6-20 reps
- Hip Thrusts - 4 sets x 10-8-6-(12-15) reps
- Leg Press supersetted with Hamstring Curls - 15-12-10 reps
- Reverse Hypers - 3 x 12 reps
- Standing Calves - 6 sets x 12-15 reps
Back + Abs
- Pullups - 5 sets x 12-10-8-6 + (Pump set) reps
- One Arm Barbell Rows - 4 sets x 8 reps
- Lat Pulldown - First 6 reps 3 sec contraction - 12-12-12 + (8-8-8)
- Seated Row Drop Set - 10-10-(10-10-10) reps
- ABS - 2 Sets
Hill Sprints or Prowler
Arms + Shoulders
- Post Delt Flies superset - 4 sets x 20
- Dumbbell Arnold Press- 12-10-8 (8-8-8)
- Dumbbell Laterals - 3 set x 24 8-8-8 reps
- Cable Laterals - 3 sets x 10 reps
- Rope Pushdown superset with Dumbbell Curl - 3 sets x 20 reps
- Swiss Bar Bench Superset with Hammer Curls - 4 x 12 reps
- Straight Bar superset with Cable Curls - 4 sets x 8 reps
Glutes + Hamstrings + Calves
- Hamstring Curls - 6 x 12 reps
- Hip Thrusts - 4 sets first 6 reps 3 sec contraction - 12-12-12-12
- Giant Pump Set - Reverse Hypers superset with Hamstring Curls superset Hip Thursts - 15-12-10 reps
- Standing Calf Raises - 4 sets x 12 reps
- Seated Calf Raises - 4 sets x 12 reps
My quads are a strong point for me which is why i am doing alot of glute and hamstring work to bring it up. My chest and shoulders are a weaker point than my back as well. I dont do deadlifts as my training partner has a bad back and cannot do them so I just dont, I know I really should start doing them again to bring up my glutes and hammies.
Again sorry for the lenght of the post, just want to make sure I am on the right track and thank you for your advice [/quote]
Nozza, this is a pretty impressive program for a 22 year old. Don’t take this the wrong way, but a lot of 20-year-old’s do a lot of stupid shit in the gym, but you clearly put serious thought into your program. Reading it I had some questions which you addressed at the end and makes sense. Sunday is an off day I assume?
My only possible suggestion is to listen to your body. This is a fair amount of volume with intensity techniques included (ie drop sets), thus you want to be sure you don’t burn yourself out of overly fatigue your CNS. Based on your age and Plazma you should be okay. If you’re not gaining as quickly as you like you could probably bump Plazma up to 4 servings on longer workouts.
All the best to you, bro!