Biotest

Mark Dugdale Log 1

Congrats on your 2nd place!!

Thanks everyone for the support…much appreciated! Time to Grow!

Time to Eat !

Happy Halloween!!!

[quote]THE WALL wrote:
Happy Halloween!!! [/quote]
Likewise! We are having a big costume party tomorrow night…I’ll try and post up some pics!

Hi Mark,

Now that his season ended competitions and you have to grow.

What is your current diet

Thanks

[quote]THE WALL wrote:
Hi Mark,

Thanks[/quote]

[quote]THE WALL wrote:
Hi Mark,

Thanks[/quote]
Haha…I did enjoy some pancakes last weekend after my leg workout, but they are NOT a typical part of my diet. In fact, I try to what some people call reverse diet after a contest. This means that I slowly begin to increase calories over a several week period of time. There are days now that I’m still suffering a bit as though I was still on a diet, but I think it’s wise to ease the calories back and slowly reintroduce carbs. Here is my diet for this week:

AM Training - 2-3 Plazma along with .5 to 1 MAG-10

Breakfast - omelet w/2 whole eggs, 1/2 container egg whites, mushrooms, kale, onions, 1 cup brown rice…all cooked in coconut oil.

Meal 1 - chicken salad consisting of shredded lettuce, kale, arugula, spinach, chicken breast, Greek yogurt, olive oil, sea salt.

Shake - 1 serving Metabolic Drive + 1 serving Whole Body Nutrition Fermented Health + psyllium fiber.

Meal 2 - chicken salad consisting of shredded lettuce, kale, arugula, spinach, chicken breast, Greek yogurt, olive oil, sea salt.

Shake - 2 serving Metabolic Drive + 1 serving Whole Body Nutrition Fermented Health + psyllium fiber.

Train - short secondary workout with my bride will include 1 Plazma and 1 MAG-10. I only do a second workout 2 days a week in the evening for Christina :slight_smile:

Dinner - Varies, but tonight will be bison stew meat and purple sweet potatoes (put in crock pot this morning).

This is part of my leg workout from before the pancakes…got to earn them!

[quote]Mark Dugdale wrote:

[quote]THE WALL wrote:
Hi Mark,

Thanks[/quote]
[/quote]

HAHA … Brother, Certainly you deserve it. Occasionally it is good to break the routine, your taste buds Will certainly appreciate … HAHA

Once again thanks for all the detailed information

Mark, in the off season how high do your macros get and how low do they get while on prep?

[quote]xXSeraphimXx wrote:
Mark, in the off season how high do your macros get and how low do they get while on prep?

[/quote]
The Europa Phoenix was my 9th contest in 17 months so in all honesty I haven’t really had a full-blown off-season since 2012. The lowest I go precontest is roughly 100 carbs, 350 protein and 25 fat.

My present goal is to work my way up to 250 carbs, 315 protein and 85 fat over the next few weeks and then monitor my body composition as I try to continue to push these macros higher as I’m hoping for a little longer off-season this next year with some substantial improvement in muscle mass.

Mark, you are performing cardio right now.

You have the intention to do so at some point in off season

[quote]THE WALL wrote:
Mark, you are performing cardio right now.

You have the intention to do so at some point in off season[/quote]
I did three sessions this past week for 20 minutes on the treadmill at 2.5 mph and a 6% incline. I don’t plan on adding any additional sessions.

Are you taking Indigo-3G these days? And will you be taking it as you increase your carbs in the coming weeks?

[quote]Chris_A wrote:
Are you taking Indigo these days? And will you be taking it as you increase your carbs in the coming weeks?[/quote]
Absolutely. Indigo-3G, like Plazma and MAG-10, is one of those products in which I really feel it’s benefits. I take it religiously before consuming Plazma pre-workout. Have you tried it, Chris?

Yes I have. The first time I bought it was in July of 2013. I was going on my honeymoon and knew I’d be pigging out every single day. Since then I’ve added it to every single order I make from Biotest.

Hi Mark, apologies if you’ve addressed this previously. You’ve mentioned doing KB swings as finishing/conditioning work. In that regard, I was hoping you’d share your thoughts re a couple of topics:

1. The weight of the KB…Do you think it’s better to use a lighter KB that can be swung explosively, or one that’s heavier? Or should the weight be dictated by the purposes/goals of the workout?
  2. If the goal is conditioning, how would you suggest KB-swing programming be set up?

Thanks in advance!

[quote]EyeDentist wrote:
Hi Mark, apologies if you’ve addressed this previously. You’ve mentioned doing KB swings as finishing/conditioning work. In that regard, I was hoping you’d share your thoughts re a couple of topics:

1. The weight of the KB…Do you think it’s better to use a lighter KB that can be swung explosively, or one that’s heavier? Or should the weight be dictated by the purposes/goals of the workout?
  2. If the goal is conditioning, how would you suggest KB-swing programming be set up?

Thanks in advance![/quote]

I used the largest KB available at the Gold’s Gym where I train which I think is 50lbs. This was a pretty good weight for me to do 10 sets of 10 swings. I use the KB more more conditioning than hypertrophy, so my goal is explosiveness. Explosive concentric movements increase insulin sensitivity and aid the CNS recovery.

The 10 sets of 10 are done with me performing 10 reps, resting while my wife does her 10 reps, then she rests while I go and so forth. If you’re cardiovascular capacity isn’t great then you might have to start with 5 sets of 10 and build up from there. I certainly think you could go beyond 10 sets, but I would limit the total time doing KB swings as you would with other forms of HIIT…10-20 minutes max.

Hope this helps!

Here is a fun superset from last Saturday’s leg workout. Ham/Glute Focused Leg Press Superset with Lying Leg Curls Drop Sets…