Biotest

March 1st V-Diet Prepping

So this is finally going to happen. I ordered everything I needed from the Biotest store, it arrived, and is neatly awaiting me stacked in the corner. I’ve gotten all of my intermediate plan exercises practiced and ready. The only thing I’m not clear on is exactly how much of each food (Metabolic Drive, flax seed, Flameout, fiber tabs, and npb) my calories should be consisting of.

I’m 175lbs, with less than 35lbs to lose, so that brings my calorie calcs to:
1332 and 1598

I know most of the calories will consist of the Metabolic Drive, but if anyone can make the numbers come together neatly for me I’d really appreciate it.

To make this diet even more extreme, I’m having the worst oppositions and temptations lol. I had been planning to start this on March 1st so that afterwards I have plenty of time to compensate and further myself in fat loss or muscle growth if need be before summer.

Well my family surprised me with a “Hey, we’re going to the Bahamas for spring break (last week of March) and staying in a suite at The Atlantis. Wanna go?” Well kick me in the ass, I had to say sorry, I’m V-Dieting. I mean, thats a lot to pass up, but I want to stay committed; and I wanna show myself off at the beach AFTER the diet anyways.

Anyone have any rough commitment stories to make me feel less stupid?

Congrats on making a commitment to push yourself out of the comfort zone. This program is not an easy one, but if followed properly, you’ll be thrilled with the results. Hey, if it was easy, everyone could do it!

Anyway, I’m pretty sure Chris outlines the ratio of protein, fat, etc in a thread here somewhere, but I aimed for 1 gram of protein per pound of bodyweight and then added fat calories from there. With that in mind, you’ll be taking in 700 calories or so just in protein. Add the other calories from the Metabolic Drive & that will leave the remainder to be added from flax seeds, EFA’s etc. Grab your calculator and make certain your are taking food notes each and every day. I logged every meal I ate including calorie totals all day long so that I was always in the recommended range.

This Sunday is my last day of the transition period and I will have lost about 18 pounds. I dropped about 15-16 in the 28 day shake phase and another couple in the last week or so. I started out at 226lbs and currently sit at 208lbs. The first week will be very difficult, but it does get easier thereafter.

Sucks about the Bahamas…I would’ve packed a suitcase full of Metabolic Drive and been on my way, but that’s just me. Go get em!

Four shakes a day (2 scoops each) = 220 cals each shake, 40 grams protein, 8g carbs, 2g fiber, 3g fat. That comes to:

Calories: 880
Protein: 160g
Carbs: 32g
Fat: 12g
Fiber: 8g

Okay, now we look at your other calorie containing supplements and foods:

Flameout: 6 capsules per day:

Calories: 78
Protein: About 2g
Fat: 9g

Milled Flax: 2 servings per day:

Calories: 120
Protein: 6g
Carbs: 8g
Fat: 9g
Fiber: 8g

Natural Peanut Butter: 1 serving per day:

Calories: 190
Protein: 7g
Carbs: 6g
Fat: 17g
Fiber: 3g

We add in the natural PB because it balances out the types of healthful fats on this plan. (Other nut butters are fine too if there are allergy issues.) It also makes your nighttime shake more satisfying. Tastes like a peanut butter cup when added to chocolate!

Now, the recommended amount of fiber per day is around 25 grams. Most Americans get only 10-15! You’re at 19g so far, so let’s add in four Fiber Choice tablets:

Fiber Choice (sugar-free variety):

Calories:32 calories
Carbs: 8 g
Fiber: 8 g

Now, let’s add all that up and see what we have for non-lifting day:

Calories: 1300
Protein: 175g
Carbs: 54g
Fiber: 27g
Fat: 47g

Now, on lifting day you’ll be using the Surge workout drink (regular Surge Recovery, original flavor). You’ll have one serving, most of it directly after weight training:

Surge Recovery:

Calories: 340
Protein: 25g
Carbs: 46g
Fat: 2.5g

Which brings us to your lifting day total:

Calories: 1640
Protein: 200g
Carbs: 100g
Fiber: 27g
Fat: 49.5g

–Courtesy of Chris’ post for Gus

By the way, you should start on February 22nd with me and finish March 21st…then hit the Bahamas as a reward. Good Luck.

Look at it this way, it’ll be more worthwhile now knowing you passed up the Bahamas for fat loss you’ve always wanted. It’s a good first step to your goal!

Do you think it would be more effective to replace the serving of peanut butter with a 5th shake?

I don’t know about effective but it might help with hunger pangs to spread the feedings out with 5 rather than 4.