Biotest

March 16th: V-Diet Begins, Smoking Ends

Hello fellow V-Dieters… I’m Matt and I am fat and out of shape… How many of us thought that we would never say that about ourselves?? In the next month I am going to kick all these pesky pounds as well as put down these damn cig’s that have recently jumped in price a full dollar a pack…

I am 24 years old and have always been in fairly decent shape… Was a 2 sport athlete in high school and while I was never yolked up, I had decent muscle mass for someone standing 5’9 and 185-190 lbs…

At 18 and just graduating high school I picked up the worst habit of my young life… I started smoking… I have been about a pack a day man for around the past 6 years… Although I was smoking, 3 days a week in the gym and flag football/mens softball kept me in pretty decent shape up until I was 22…

At 22 years old 2 wonderful things happened that absolutly destroyed my body… 1) My first son was born and I let his birth take me out of the gym completely. 2) I got a wonderful job. You know, one of those jobs where they pay you pretty well to sit around on your ass all day and eat all the unhealthy shit you can get your hands on…

Now, 2 years later, my weight is sitting around 220 and I can feel the smoking killing me… Now I don’t have any medical problems but anyone who has ever smoked knows what I am talking about… Even though you continue to light up you KNOW that your not breathing as well as you could be…

So this is what it has come to… 4 weeks of torture to get me back down into those jeans I can’t wear… I will not stumble, I will not fail, this is a means to an end… The end of this fucking spare tire that has wrapped its way around my waist…

My work takes me different places so I may not be able to keep you updated day to day but we will talk when we can… I want everyone to know every little thing I feel on this diet…

Wish me luck. I will be posting my exact weight and measurements in the morning…

TOMORROWS THE BIG DAY!!! are you ready!!???
I started today…

Look forward to your progress, keep us posted!!

I am absolutly ready to get this thing going… Was actually ready to start about 2 weeks ago but a minor surgery was going to keep me out of the gym… I used that time to get off of soft drinks and back on some good healthy eating habits… I think I have ate fast food only once in the last 2 weeks and I went with Chicken Nuggets so atleast I stayed away from the burger, although I did have a small order of fries…

I drink nothing but water now… I do use the sugar free crystal lite when I need something with a little taste…

I am going to try to kick the smoking cold turkey. My girlfriend isn’t looking forward to this, haha…

Big challenges ahead, but big life-changing rewards too. Keep us updated.

Very true Chris… I really believe that a good weight for me would be somewhere around 190lbs… So at this point I am somewhere between 15 and 20lbs overweight, in my eyes… This whole thing for me is more about kick starting my way back into a healthy life moreso than just losing weight…

I want to be able to chase my kid around the yard for more than 10 or 15 min. without feeling like i’m gonna kill over… I mean, i’m 24 fucking years old… There is no way I should have let myself get this far out of shape…

The smoking deal is just ignorant… You get ONE chance to live the life that you want to live… Why do something that you KNOW can shorten that life…

I woke up one day, lit a smoke, and was standing at the toilet taking a piss… When I looked at myself in my full length mirror I just decided that enough was enough… Thats when I found you guys and gals…

Day 1 going good so far. Had my first shake around 7. Used ice to make it pretty thick. Had to sit with co-workers while they ate breakfast because this is the time that we talk about what needs to be done for the day…

Getting kinda hungry around 10 now…

Forgot to bring my measurements with me so I will have to post them tomorrow.

Hey MKLand84,

Like you, I too started my V-Diet 3.0 today!

Wishing you a strong 6-week journey!

Cheers,
etrader83
(My progress is logged under Veggie V-Diet 3.0)

So day one went pretty well… Workout really busted my ass… Legs are pretty sore today… Has a slight headache come and go throughout the end of the day but I may not have been drinking enough water… 20oz of water and about 15min. seemed to cure the headaches… Not many cravings so far

First Day Measurements

Weisht: 215.5
Neck: 19in
U Chest: 44.5
L Chest: 41
Waist: 41.5
Hips: 41.5
U Arm: 14 right, 13.5 left
U Leg: 23.5 both
L Leg: 16.5 right, 16 left
Ankle: 9 3/4

Day 2 going pretty good. Not hungry and no cravings… First shake of the day seems to last awhile