Biotest

Making Sense of Indigo-3G

If I have a meal (i.e. eggwhites and oatmeal) 90-120 minutes before workout, should I:

1. Take I3G 30 minutes before the meal.
  2. Hold off taking I3G until after the meal as part of PWO nutrition.
  3. No difference. Both approaches provide similar results.

Indigo is generally “working” in your system for about 6 hours, so you could technically have it before you eat, but two hours is stretching the definition of “pre-workout nutrition”. Presuming you have a good quality protein-carb shake when you lift, I’d take the Indigo a half-hour pre-workout.

Egg whites and oatmeal generally isn’t a ton of calories (obviously I don’t know how much oatmeal you’re talking about), so taking the Indigo an hour or more after eating that meal (which would be about a half-hour pre-workout) shouldn’t be an issue.

IIRC Indigo 3G is in your system for 6 hours or so after ingestion. If you’re taking it once per day, I would take it before your pre workout meal and then you’re still covered by the time you start your workout nutrition.

[quote]Chris Colucci wrote:
Indigo is generally “working” in your system for about 6 hours, so you could technically have it before you eat, but two hours is stretching the definition of “pre-workout nutrition”. Presuming you have a good quality protein-carb shake when you lift, I’d take the Indigo a half-hour pre-workout.

Egg whites and oatmeal generally isn’t a ton of calories (obviously I don’t know how much oatmeal you’re talking about), so taking the Indigo an hour or more after eating that meal (which would be about a half-hour pre-workout) shouldn’t be an issue.[/quote]

Chris also makes some valid points.