Biotest

MagicMatt's V-Diet Log

Hello all. First off I’m starting the V-Diet tomorrow and I’m psyched as hell for it. I’m 26 been training all my life but started to get serious in the past 2 years. I recently learned how important diet is to getting in shape and I suck at it. Im 6’1" 230 approx 18%bf.

I have a ton of muscle and am pretty strong but I have a ton of fat covering the muscle. I look awesome with a sweatshirt on but I’m sick of that. Bottom line I eat like shit, I like shitty food and I like to drink.

But none of that for the next 6 weeks. I work a desk job from 3p-11p and workout around 11a. Here’s the timing I’m thinking, looks odd to me. Let me know if anything is wrong. I’ll be doing the intermediate program and may move up to the advanced. I wont be doing a full log but will keep this thread updated.

10a - 2 HOT-ROX
1030a - meal 1
11-1115 - workout
noon- Surge
3p - meal 2
4p - 2 HOT-ROX
6p - meal 3
9p - meal 4
midnight - meal 5

another question. can you do the NEPA walks at the same time you train or do you have to space them out? im really lazy sometimes and don’t feel like going for a walk at midnight. especially in new england in march.

It’s preferred to space the NEPA out.

I’m starting tomorrow too, so good luck to us both!

[quote]Im4gzusgrl wrote:
It’s preferred to space the NEPA out.

I’m starting tomorrow too, so good luck to us both![/quote]

is this what you heard or is it your opinion? either way i agree with you.

Im in week 2… youre in good company on this adventure… stick it out an dpost often to keep motivated…

As far as NEPA goes, It is preferred that you space it out but I fully understand what you mean… For me alone I have to be up by 0630 and dont get home until about 2230…

Suck it up and you’ll get your results!

Good choice

Good luck, Im looking forward to seeing how much body fat you drop!

I’m in week two also… In respond to ur question I think it’s best to space it out but I’m not gunna lie I do it sometimes after my workout. Key is… U just got to do it!

Day 1 done. BW 240 lbs.
Workout: intermediate heavy 20 reps

Split Squat:
BW + 2 45’s 5x5x5x5
Chinups - BW + 25 4x4x3x3x3x2x1
DB bench - 80’s 5x5x5x5

Observations:
-workout seemed really really short
-clearly i went too light as i shouldnt finish it in 4 sets
-i need to find some kind of warmup besides 7 minute incline walk. pushups jumping jacks ok? anyone? I felt super stiff and weak with no dynamic warmup.
-meals are super easy, don’t really think i’ll have a problem with these

Questions:
-On the meal plan does it reall really matter how much water you use per shake and if its blended, shaken, etc? I don’t have access to a blender at work.
-I need to find a warmup, what is ok to do besides stretching?

I’ll think of more in a few

OK so now something really really shitty. I come into work today at 3pm and find out im stuck here till 7am. not enough shakes with me. Guess I’ll have to space them out further apart and take some extra fiber tabs to kill the hunger. Everyone around me is sick and a night with no sleep is guaranteed sickness. can’t wait for the rest of the week. good thing its in the beginning of the diet.

something that I noticed yesterday with the Metabolic Drive shakes: make sure you weigh them to get a feel for the proper amount. one serving is 28 grams plus the scooper weighs 10 grams on its own. i weighed a scoop that i though was one serving and it turned out to be 50 grams because it was packed in the scooper. this could turn out to be an extra serving in a 3 scoop shake. just an fyi. many other proteins i have taken make a serving one packed scoop.

cannot wait for saturday and solid foods. pretty bad when you look forward to eating natty peanut butter at night just for the taste.

as much as I’d like to reply in the same flippant manner in which you tried to answer my question to Chris (wrongly, I might add) I will refrain. In the training thread is states that the NEPA walk can be done at the end of a workout, but it might be better to do them later in the evening.

[quote]magicmatt wrote:
another question. can you do the NEPA walks at the same time you train or do you have to space them out? im really lazy sometimes and don’t feel like going for a walk at midnight. especially in new england in march. [/quote]

Matt, you haven’t posted in a while. I hope you’re still on the diet.

[quote]Ken Rose wrote:
Matt, you haven’t posted in a while. I hope you’re still on the diet. [/quote]

oh i am alright still going strong. had my first hsm yesterday. had a steak tip/brown rice/broccoli wrap on whole weat and a banana. did the vburn today for the first time. i sucked horribly. took me 50 minutes. i thought i was in decent shape but i guess not.

no real hunger to report except for when i see food on tv. i also must say that after this is over fiber pills will be a staple in my diet. they instantly fill me up.

well, three more weeks! I’ll be starting mine on March 30 so I look forward to hearing how you do. How was your first week’s weight loss?