Biotest

MAG-10 WITH Meals

The recommendation is to take MAG-10 when the stomach is relatively empty to not delay the absorption of the peptides into the body. Have anyone else experimented with taking MAG-10 WITH your meals?

I started doing this with my single whole food meal of the day (I pulse feast almost exclusively now)and the refreshing and light MAG-10 drink with the meal just seems to go together so nicely.

Any reason why we shouldn’t do this? I know John Meadows takes his MAG-10 sometimes with food (nuts and seeds I think) and it doesn’t appear that it has been detrimental for him.

Because of how quickly the new di- and tripeptide complex is transported directly into the bloodstream, requiring no breakdown, it’s okay to have <a href="http://www.t-nation.com/store/products/mag-10"target=“new”>Mag-10 with food. There are still advantages to the protein pulsing effect you get from between meal usage, but Mag-10 with meals, snacks, or a peri-workout Finibar is fine.

[quote]buffd_samurai wrote:
The recommendation is to take MAG-10 when the stomach is relatively empty to not delay the absorption of the peptides into the body. Have anyone else experimented with taking MAG-10 WITH your meals?

I started doing this with my single whole food meal of the day (I pulse feast almost exclusively now)and the refreshing and light MAG-10 drink with the meal just seems to go together so nicely.

Any reason why we shouldn’t do this? I know John Meadows takes his MAG-10 sometimes with food (nuts and seeds I think) and it doesn’t appear that it has been detrimental for him. [/quote]

I still feel it’s better to get the drink in you maybe 10-30 prior to eating so that blood levels spike, protein synthesis kicks up and all that jazz, however sounds like a great way to get extra protein into the system with your meal.

I have 2 pulses after lifting most of the time and I try to get it in awhile before dinner, but quite a few times I’m drinking it right on top of dinner.I haven’t noticed any difference at all.

Thanks guys for your input.

Another question: how about MAG-10 and Z-12 right before bed? Combined I mean. Any others have experiences with this combo?

Quite frankly, my life is getting even busier than ever, and I am struggling a bit with finding ways to stick to an eating and supplement schedule that I used to always find time for. In this case, I’m sure the optimal usage here would be take MAG-10 a hour before bed, then take the Z-12 and ElitePro right before bed. Oftentimes I’m finding this “timing” to simply not be practical for me.

Another question: how about MAG-10 and Z-12 right before bed? Combined I mean. Any others have experiences with this combo?

Quite frankly, my life is getting even busier than ever, and I am struggling a bit with finding ways to stick to an eating and supplement schedule that I used to always find time for. In this case, I’m sure the optimal usage here would be take MAG-10 a hour before bed, then take the Z-12 and ElitePro right before bed. Oftentimes I’m finding this “timing” to simply not be practical for me.

[/quote]

Buffd, i want to say i recall CS saying that there were no issues with taking Mag-10 and Z-12 together but don’t quote me. I would say you could always reverse that order, that is take the Z-12 and ElitePro, then before bed have the Mag-10 pulse, or simply use the Mag-10 pulse for if you awake natrually during the night time.

But again regarding your original question, i don’t think there is any issue with taking them together.

[/quote]

No problem taking MAG-10 and <a href="http://www.t-nation.com/store/products/z-12"target=“new”>Z-12 together before bed. Same with ZMA or Elite Mineral Support. I often do the same, saving whatever is left of the MAG-10 serving to drink when I wake in the middle of the night.

[quote]Chris Shugart wrote:

[/quote]

No problem taking MAG-10 and <a href="http://www.T-Nation.com/store/products/z-12"target=“new”>Z-12 together before bed. Same with ZMA or Elite Mineral Support. I often do the same, saving whatever is left of the MAG-10 serving to drink when I wake in the middle of the night. [/quote]

Seconded. I take my Elite pro with MAG-10 quite often and as far as I can tell it still works.

Honestly the timing of MAG-10 really just needs to be 5-10 minutes prior considering how quickly it absorbs. As with most things I think the 30 minutes is just a safety net ( all be it, one I try to adhere to as much as possible ).

[quote]corstijeir wrote:

[quote]Chris Shugart wrote:

[/quote]

No problem taking MAG-10 and <a href="http://www.T-Nation.com/store/products/z-12"target=“new”>Z-12 together before bed. Same with ZMA or Elite Mineral Support. I often do the same, saving whatever is left of the MAG-10 serving to drink when I wake in the middle of the night. [/quote]

Seconded. I take my Elitepro with MAG-10 quite often and as far as I can tell it still works.

Honestly the timing of MAG-10 really just needs to be 5-10 minutes prior considering how quickly it absorbs. As with most things I think the 30 minutes is just a safety net ( all be it, one I try to adhere to as much as possible ). [/quote]

Corst, I agree that the optimal way to do this is to take the MAG-10 1st. BUT, like I mentioned, there is something really refreshing and nice to sip the MAG-10 as I’m eating my meal.

Thanks again to all who have chimed in here.