Biotest

MAG-10 vs. Plazma vs. Indigo?

So I’ve been “out of the game” for a minute… I appreciate and enjoy the fact that Biotest is making advances in peri-workout nutrition, but I’m starting to get confused.

I know that the best and ultimate stack would be something like Plazma pre/during with Indigo, followed by MAG-10 post… The fact is that I don’t have the budget for that.

I just bought a 4 pack of MAG-10, which I hope now will not be a waste since I’m not even certain what it’s supposed to be used for. I do mostly 5/3/1 and WS4SB type workouts, so I had originally planned on taking MAG-10 peri/post workout in those cases. Is this still an o.k. plan?

Again, I understand that plasma is probably the shit… I just have limited resources to which I’m not sure can be allocated to Plazma.

John

<a href="http://www.t-nation.com/store/products/mag-10"target=“new”>Mag-10 is primarily made for protein pulsing, which is explained in the store page. But it’s also used for post-workout for those using Plazma before and during, and I think it’s great for conditioning workouts or cardio to prevent catabolism and speed fat loss. Many also like it pre-bed or first thing in the AM to “break the fast” of not eating for 8-9 hours. It’s really our most versatile supplement, and it’s hard to use it “wrong.”

While it’s not really specially made for intra-workout like Plazma, it can do the trick if that fits your budget. But it’s low carb compared to <a href="http://www.t-nation.com/store/products/plazma"target=“new”>Plazma, which is pre-loaded before lifting and used during. Most people would see huge gains using on a serving of Plazma as a pre-load and a serving during for most workouts. Sure, guys like John Meadows use 3 servings mostly, and even 4 for leg days, most us aren’t sporting that kind of muscle mass or training legs for three hours at a time with Dave Tate. So see if just two servings of Plazma fits your budget better.

By the way, prices have been lowered on our stacks and most workout nutrition supplements, so if you haven’t checked the store today, do so. You may be able to budget in what you need now.

Just following up on this - Plazma’s labelling suggested 3 servings (3 scoops) but you’re advising 1-2 is most likely enough for most trainees? (I’m 5’5, 140)

Also, can Plazma be used to pulse (like MAG-10) for lean trainees? I’d imagine the carbs would be helpful. I also feel great (full muscle feeling) when I drink this stuff :slight_smile:

[quote]-Sigil- wrote:
Just following up on this - Plazma’s labelling suggested 3 servings (3 scoops) but you’re advising 1-2 is most likely enough for most trainees? (I’m 5’5, 140)

Also, can Plazma be used to pulse (like Mag-10) for lean trainees? I’d imagine the carbs would be helpful. I also feel great (full muscle feeling) when I drink this stuff :)[/quote]

If your workout is long and brutal (I always think of our Reactive Pump plan), then 3 servings of Plazma may be what you need. But many people do great on just two, one pre-loaded, one during. I figure if giants like John Meadows use 3 - and 4 on leg days with Dave Tate - then many of we mere mortal would be well-covered with two. And if you doing something like a short, arms-only workout, then just the pre-load serving will do the trick.

I have heard Tim Patterson talk about pulsing with Plazma. If someone’s goal is muscular size and they could use the convenient nutrients, then pulsing with Plazma is a great idea.

[quote]-Sigil- wrote:

Also, can Plazma be used to pulse (like MAG-10) for lean trainees? I’d imagine the carbs would be helpful. I also feel great (full muscle feeling) when I drink this stuff :)[/quote]
Sigil just to give you some feed back.I’m 5’3" on a good day and around 130-132lbs and I never really use more than 2 scoops.

I have done 3 scoops If I knew ahead of time that my post w/out dinner was going to be missed or small due to life shit getting In the way.Also I would double up on MAG-10 afterwards to make up for as well.I will just have 1 scoop sometimes also drinking 1/2 of that before my Lifting start’s and finishing It In the middle of the w/out and then switch to water and then a few MAG-10 pulses after.

I have been dealing with some injuries lately and my lifting and peri have been all over the place and have been using a constant MAG-10 IV drip for the most part.I think 2 and even 1 scoop Is more than Ideal for guys of are size unless you find yourself restricted for calorie totals for the day.And I do like the Idea of you pulsing with Plazma a couple times a day In place of MAG-10.I plan to do this as well once I get my Injuries taken care of.Hope that helps you out some.

Thanks CS and JPpage. That’s helpful. I didn’t know you were the same size as me :slight_smile: I’m in a similar boat in terms of elbow and shoulder joint tenderness so I’ll play supplementation by ear.

Silly question but what is actually the “scoop” size? Is it the entire scoop (filled to top) which is huge! Or like halfway up where there’s a line demarcation?

A “scoop” is about a level amount to the top. But it’s actually measured by weight. For example, a serving of Plazma is 65g.

[quote]-Sigil- wrote:
Thanks CS and JPpage. That’s helpful. I didn’t know you were the same size as me :slight_smile: I’m in a similar boat in terms of elbow and shoulder joint tenderness so I’ll play supplementation by ear.

Silly question but what is actually the “scoop” size? Is it the entire scoop (filled to top) which is huge! Or like halfway up where there’s a line demarcation? [/quote]
Sigil,I just weighed out for a half on my scale then marked it with a marker.And Chris is right on,I’ve weighed out a full scoop and It’s right on the money.Ya I’m dealing with a shoulder Impingement Issue and It’s very frustrating to say the least.Haven’t been able to go full on with my training for about a month.