Biotest

MAG-10 to Replace Beer and Wine

hi chris
ive been using 2-3 sccops MAG-10 and g2 gatoarde to replace the 6pack of beer or bottle and a half of wine i was drinking every nite.
is there any limit to how much MAG-10 i could have in a 3-4 hour window at night before bed?
i realize that the g2 gatorade is not such a good choice, but i figure its better than the beer.
i havent tried the flavoring in just water yet. dunno if its a good idea or not.
maybe MAG-10 in a 2 litre bottle?
your thoughts are sincereley appreciated
thanks

Tips to Avoid Late Night Binges?

Well, replacing booze with Mag-10 is certainly a healthy step. There’s no real limit that we know of, and 2-3 scoops is certainly fine.

So are you using the sports drink to flavor the Mag-10? I think you’d like the liquid flavoring provided better (lemon and lime are my favorites, but berry is probably the most popular), and of course you won’t alter the formula of Mag-10 with the extra calories and ingredients in the sports drink.

sorry, i did not make myself clear. i always only use Biotest flavoring with my Mag-10 etc.
i remember you cautioning about too much of even the low cal gatorade, so i used Biotest flavoring in just water last nite. it worked well, so im saving the gatorade bottles and filling them with water and Biotest flavoring. that’s ok.

i was drinking booze to help sleep. its been over a week now, and my sleep still really sucks. aside from going to bathroom 3-5 times a night also. funny, i could drink 8 beers and only pee once. im drinking less volume of liquid now, yet im peeing more.
anything on that?

so realistically i could fill a 2 litre bottle with 4 scoops of MAG-10 and drink it over a 2-4 hour period and shouldnt have a problem?
is there anything in Mag-10 that maybe stimulates?
or is it that, after months of boozing to fall asleep, now my mind is making up for lost time? :slight_smile:

Ok, sure. The Liquid Favoring is great just as a “water enhancer.”

Sometimes you go to the bathroom more when you’re dumping inflammation or excess water (as in bloating), so that could be a good thing. Since you’re getting rid of beer, you’re also getting rid of wheat and gluten, which can cause a lot of bloating.

[quote]so realistically i could fill a 2 litre bottle with 4 scoops of MAG-10 and drink it over a 2-4 hour period and shouldnt have a problem?]/quote]

Yes, no problem at all. Not only a healthier substitute, but also great for your training goals.

As for stimulation, I read once where a coach talked about taking a lot of amino acid tablets at night could stimulate you a little, but I haven’t found that to be the case with the peptides in Mag-10. I keep a partially frozen Mag-10 beside my bed and drink on it during the night. No problems falling back to sleep.

Have you tried <a href="http://www.t-nation.com/store/products/z-12"target=“new”>Z-12 for sleep?

thanks for all the input. my daughter was tellin me that gatorade has a lot of electrolytes that could make you urinate frequently.
so tonite i laid off the gatorade and filled a few bottles with MAG-10. lets see what happens tonite.

i just realized that my training sessions have been “easier” since i started this MAG-10 at nite. and honestly, for what i have done in the past couple days in the gym, i should be beat up right now, but im not. it has to be the MAG-10.
ive drank lots of booze and trained before. then stoped drinking. and training wasnt much different. so, it has to be the MAG-10!

Z-12? no. i have not tried yet. i really dont like to take pills to sleep. my daughter has some and said its very strong. too strong fpr her, so she will give me hers when i go back up to boston. i’m gonna wait it out a bit. give myself some time to get the crap out of my system.
then ill start working on quitting smoking.

so, on another note, i can also drink MAG-10 after a meal. right?

Yes, you can pretty much drink Mag-10 any time.

And keep in mind that Z-12 has none of the drawbacks of a sleep drug, it’s non-addictive, you don’t wake up groggy, and unlike sleeping pills, it allows you to get deeper sleep. (Most sleeping pills make you sleep, but you get less REM sleep, making you feel like crap and unrefreshed. Z-12 does the opposite.) Start with 1 capsule if you try it; most people take 2.

chris, quick update. sleeping fine now. took almost 2 weeks of being booze free.
everytime i stopdrinking, my stomach usually flattens out a lot in a couple days. its been 2weeks, and nothin doin yet.
my food should be fine. any ideas?

Be sure to take tape measurements if you’re not already. I suggest three different belly area measurements: upper abs area, just above belly button and just below.

Sometimes fat loss “starts” higher up in men and works its way down to the worst area. It’s hard to see these changes in just a week or two, so tape measurements are better than the mirror in these cases.

If you’d like to list out your daily food intake, I’d be glad to look it over and see if we can find any additional areas to improve.

will do on the tape measure.
typical training day food- i train 1st in the am
2-3 Plazma
2 MAG-10 pulses after training
4 egg whites with rice and turkey or bacon or steak or beef sausage
1-2 Finibars during the day
dinner. either steak, or pork, or fish. all grilled
with rice, or potato, or sweet potato
grilled veggies if i have any
sometimes salad
then 2-4 Mag-10 pulses rest of night

non training day
take out the Plazma and am MAG-10 pulses
rest is about the same

Nothing wrong with those food choices. Usually, after we make sure food selection is good and there are no gaping holes in the diet or obvious no-no’s for the goal, then we look at numbers. In other words, it could simply mean you need to drop 200-300 calories per day (or add some short conditioning sessions like KB swings.)

Or it could just mean you need more time. Consistency can often be the real solution. Once you’ve made some good progress, fat loss just naturally slows down as you get more in shape, so we can’t expect the big scale losses on week 12 like we could on week two (general example.)

sounds like a plan. i’ll get the tape measure, and maybe see if the scale at gym is working, and you have a point about the conditioning work. my sessions used to be 60-90 minutes. now they are 30 --60… good point there…
maybe its just the age that is slowing down the process.
will keep u posted.
thanks again for all the help

[quote]Chris Shugart wrote:
Yes, you can pretty much drink MAG-10 any time.

And keep in mind that Z-12 has none of the drawbacks of a sleep drug, it’s non-addictive, you don’t wake up groggy, and unlike sleeping pills, it allows you to get deeper sleep. (Most sleeping pills make you sleep, but you get less REM sleep, making you feel like crap and unrefreshed. Z-12 does the opposite.) Start with 1 capsule if you try it; most people take 2. [/quote]

I thought you needed to actually pulse to reap maximum benefits of MAG-10. Usually, I try to drink 500 ml in under 5 mins. I thought it was pointless to drink 500 ml of 30 mins because you don’t get the amino acid bloodstream spike. Am I right?

That’s one way to use it, but we’ve also found it to work very well even with food. Gets shot into the muscle just as fast it seems, or close to it.

We still suggest the protein pulsing method or post-workout pulse for most Mag-10 doses, but it’s fine to have with a snack too. John Meadows has been doing this with great success with himself and his top clients. It’s really hard to mess up Mag-10 usage. Very versatile.

I’ve never thought of adding Biotest flavoring to water - this would make consumption of water a pleasant experience (though in my case, it already is!) . Thanks for the idea, domcib!

[quote]darkmatter wrote:
I’ve never thought of adding Biotest flavoring to water - this would make consumption of water a pleasant experience (though in my case, it already is!) . Thanks for the idea, domcib![/quote]
you are welcome.
it works fine for me. for some stupid reason, i like to drink something with some flavor.
i rarely drink plain water

[quote]darkmatter wrote:
I’ve never thought of adding Biotest flavoring to water - this would make consumption of water a pleasant experience (though in my case, it already is!) . Thanks for the idea, domcib![/quote]

I little lemon <a href="http://www.t-nation.com/store/products/intensified-flavors"target=“new”>Intensified Flavor in water with ice is awesome. Now if it’ll just get hot enough here in Colorado to enjoy it.

[quote]Chris Shugart wrote:

[quote]darkmatter wrote:

I little lemon <a href="http://www.T-Nation.com/store/products/intensified-flavors"target=“new”>Intensified Flavor in water with ice is awesome. Now if it’ll just get hot enough here in Colorado to enjoy it. [/quote]

I’ll gladly give you some of the desert heat here in Tucson…

things are slowly moving along now chris… all good.
still need to take pics and measures etc, but it’s all good.
thanks

hi chris,
check this out.
i have these 16-20 ounce gatorade bottles. i fill them with 1 scoop of MAG-10 each and put them in the fridge.
now when i’m hanging out in the yard by the pool, getting some sun.
i have a “6pack” chillin in the fridge!!! how wonderful!!
i even drink them after i eat. i gotta order more. ill be runnin out.

z12 is great. i take it when im feelin wound up and its gettin late. great sleep, great dreams!

and these evening pulses are great.
sometimes i go to bed so sore from the training session. but i wake up painless and ready to rock again.
i honestly believe that the benefits of MAG-10 are seriously understated.

Awesome, thanks for the report!

Mag-10 should really become a staple for everyone serious about training. I packed a pulse today for a quick semi-fasted AM hike through Garden of the Gods here in Colorado Springs.