Biotest

MAG-10 Timing Question

Another one i know, but i looked around and didnt find this question asked before. Due to my working hours, i only have one meal after my training before i go to bed. So as of now im taking Plazma pre and intra, followed by a solid meal about an hour after, and then another 1-1.5hrs before bed. To meet my daily macros, this meal generally has about 40g of protein in it.

Long write up i know, but my question is will i be ok with just taking a serving of MAG-10 an hour after my Plazma to replace this meal? I know many have seen good results pulsing before bedtime anyway, so i figure it should work out ok? Or does MAG-10 really need to be followed by a meal at some point? Thanks

That’s perfectly fine. Only 20 grams of protein from <a href="http://www.t-nation.com/store/products/mag-10"target=“new”>Mag-10 stimulates protein synthesis, as well as other muscle building and recovery effects, to a far greater degree than what you would get from 100s of grams of conventional protein. Plus, as you noted, many people make a pre-bed pulse of Mag-10 a habit and prefer having a dose at that time. Now, if you’d simply rather have a solid meal, just place that pulse somewhere else in the day (some even have one in the middle of the night or first thing in the AM.)

MAG-10 can be used on it’s own to help reach ones protein macros for the day OR the pulsing protocol can be used to keep the body anabolic. If you’re going to pulse, pulse between meals (an hour before is ideal IMO) which should stimulate protein synthesis, kick off anabolism, and help make the nutrients from the meal that follows more efficiently assimilated.

It’s similar to a BCAAs/leucine dosing between meals protocol except MAG-10 also has peptides which helps with growth, immune functions, etc.

Sounds good guys, just wanted to make sure that a MAG-10 pulse alone is enough for recovery after a workout.

[quote]GetitUp wrote:
Sounds good guys, just wanted to make sure that a MAG-10 pulse alone is enough for recovery after a workout.[/quote]

It’s great for post workout nutrition. Take a dose of MAG-10 and then get in a solid meal 2 hours later works very well.

[quote]kissdadookie wrote:
It’s great for post workout nutrition. Take a dose of MAG-10 and then get in a solid meal 2 hours later works very well.[/quote]

That last part is my problem though, if i take MAG-10 post workout i only have another hour or so before i have to get in the bed. So i can eat something small afterwards, but not a full blown meal before i lay down. Thoughts?

That would be fine, GetitUp. Don’t go to bed hungry. A pulse of Mag-10 can be satisfying, but not like a whole food meal or protein shake in most people’s experience.