Biotest

MAG-10 Serving Question

Tim/Chris, I am starting a new thread to better address my question regarding whether there would be any benefit in increasing the serving size of MAG-10 for a person of my size. Here is my original question from the other thread:

“I hope I’m not hijacking this thread, but your comment about dosing on the higher end because of your size got me thinking. I’m 6’4”, 260 lbs. and I have often wondered if it would be beneficial for a larger person to increase the serving size. It never made sense to me that someone 260 lbs would use the same serving size as someone 160 lbs, but when in doubt, I just follow what’s on the bottle.

Chris, I know more isn’t necessarily better, but what would you think about a larger person using say, 2.5 scoops per serving instead of the recommended 2? Any benefit or waste of time/money?"

To give you some background, i am 37 years old and I’ve been training for 15+ years. Most of that time was spent powerlifting, but I have given that up in recent years due to mounting injuries. So now I’m focusing on building muscle and trying to lean up a bit. Basically my goal is to look like Hip Scar.

I started on a fat loss plan about 8 weeks ago, but then I discovered Thib’s layer system and got hooked. I have been doing It for about 6 weeks and love it. I couldnt maintain that level of intensity on reduced calories so i decided to bump up the calories and carbs and so far i am gaining muscle with no noticeable fat gain. The problem is that im worried that i cant keep this pace up much longer. I am using Anaconda, MAG-10, and Finibars.

For budget reasons, I have been using just one serving of MAG-10 post workout and then I have two Finibars about an hour later. Because of the volume and intensity of the system, I want to make sure i am doing all I can to recover. Any input regarding my question above would be appreciated.

Thanks.

2.5 scoups will need more water…but I don’t see why you couldn’t go ahead and do this. Actually, you should just try it (within your budget of course).

I’ve experimented with “double pulses”, 1000 ml water plus 4 scoups of MAG-10 3 to 4 times a day to compare it against multiple single doses. For me, I’ve concluded that multiple single doses work better for me. I’m finding that I’m not someone who actually likes taking 1000 ml of fluid at one time several times a day…I’d rather take 500 ml at a time more frequently.

My stomach doesn’t feel so full all the time; 500 ml seems to drain out of my stomach faster and easier…then I just have another 500 ml a bit later (so, essentially a double pulse; just a bit of time in between 500 ml intakes).

I’ll weigh in here since I’m on the closer to 300 end of the scale and I think I have done a good deal of personal experimentation here. I’m in the school thought that more pulses more often at 500ml is the most optimal protocol - for all the reasons that buffd mentioned above. I would add that I think timing is important for maximal benefit.

For me order of importance is pre-bed, post-workout, and first thing in the morning right out of bed. Anything extra I can fit in is a bonus, between meals, usually falls as a pre-dinner pulse.

Agreed. For the most part, for a given amount of MAG-10, for example 25 pulses of 2 scoops is preferable to 20 pulses of 2.5 scoops.

Although dipeptide and tripeptide absorption is the highest capacity, fastest pathway for absorption of amino acids, there still is a limit to absorption rate, and two scoops is probably already reaching that limit even for larger individuals. Using a greater quantity prolongs the pulse, rather than increasing rate even further. But the pulse length is already well optimized.

If not short on MAG-10, it can be completely satisfactory to use larger total amounts of the di and tripeptides: I have done that many times combining MAG-10 and Anaconda. But it isn’t as efficient as using a greater number of the 2-scoop doses.