Biotest

MAG-10 Pulse Fast Qs

First Fast day is tomorrow. Re: Flavoring … how many capfuls should I aim to add for each bottle? (I got the berry flavoring, as I can’t abide orange and heard grape was the lesser of the three choices).

If doing a fast on a non-workout day should I still consume the 5 pulses in the 2nd bottle or should I dump the extra two and stick to 8? Guidelines say that minimum for non-workout day is 8, but i just want to make sure I wouldn’t be overdoing it to take 10 even when not working out.

I’m going sans Anaconda (nearly $800 in one week is enough to spend on supplements for now. As i get more serious, we’ll see… but I just couldn’t pull the trigger on the Anaconda) … what I’m wondering is whether I am supposed to leave out Power Drive from the second bottle regardless of whether Anaconda is used. Just looking for confirmation that Power Drive is only a 5 pulse additive and the second 3-to-5 pulses are supposed to be taken without it…

I usually do 2-3 capfuls, and then it doesn’t taste so bad

I usually do 5 pulses in first bottle with the Power Drive, then 3 pulses w/ a little less flavoring in the second bottle - and no Power Drive

Power Drive is good in the morning. Are you going to be training on the fast day? If so, when? I do fasts on TOTAL rest days, but if I were going to train, I’d probably just keep the Power Drive as recommended, and have a serving or two of the GPC 60-90 mins pre-workout.

I’m pretty sure the Pulse Fast article goes over all this is detail: http://www.t-nation.com/free_online_article/velocity_life/mag10_pulse_fast_1?src=vdiet

Flavoring: See bottle instructions. Basically, a cap for each scoop. Or follow the article’s charts.

Power Drive: As per the step-by-step directions in the article, no Power Drive in second bottle.

[quote]Chris Shugart wrote:
I’m pretty sure the Pulse Fast article goes over all this is detail: http://www.T-Nation.com/free_online_article/velocity_life/mag10_pulse_fast_1?src=vdiet

Flavoring: See bottle instructions. Basically, a cap for each scoop. Or follow the article’s charts.

Power Drive: As per the step-by-step directions in the article, no Power Drive in second bottle.
[/quote]

Thanks, Chris. It doesn’t touch on the flavoring at all, and I wasn’t sure really what the flavoring accounts for (MAG-10 + Power Drive or just MAG-10 or whatever… both supplements are new to me, so I’m not sure if I’m adding the flavoring for 5 scoops or 9… see what i mean? Sorry if that seems obtuse or dense. I assume you add a cap per Mag-10 scoop, but I don’t like to make assumptions)

I know the implication in the article is to leave out the Power Drive, and I guess I just felt better about getting explicit confirmation.

As for the # of pulses per day, the implication is that 10 would be okay even on non-workout days since the instructions say a minimum of 8, but i figured it wouldn’t hurt to ask specifically since I was asking about the flavoring anyway.

I’ve honestly poured over the article multiple times, and just was cloudy on a couple areas the night before. I guess I get so wrapped up in wanting to do everything to the letter, by the book that I get out in the weeds of minor details. I just don’t want to fuck anything up or leave anything to my own, uneducated assumptions.