Biotest

MAG-10 Post-Surgery

Chris! Maybe you can help me. I’ve posted this issue in about three different sub-forums.

I tore my pec on Wednesday (type I rupture). I have surgery Monday. I’ve made safe and speedy rehabilitation (without taking any risk of re-rupturing the pec) my top priority. My second priority is minimizing atrophy as much as possible. I’ve considered a stack of test/deca/HGH at therapeutic levels, but my doctor said that we would talk about anabolics at our first post-surgical consult.

I’ve perused the forums and training logs, and have heard in my own posts, that four to six doses of MAG-10 daily can dramatically reduce atrophy in injured athletes. I can provide more information if needed, but as a preliminary inquiry:

Do you believe that high doses of MAG-10, when combined with moderate exercises, regular rehabilitative therapy, and a sound diet can reduce atrophy in my upper body after surgery.

I don’t care if you don’t have any scientific studies to back it up or anything; I’m not going to sue you for breaking a warranty. I am just desperately trying to develop a preliminary game plan before I go in for my surgery.

Yes, <a href="http://www.t-nation.com/store/products/mag-10"target=“new”>MAG-10, 5 or 6 pulses per day, would be perfect.

We have another user by the name of Hip Scar. Big guy, came to one of our bootcamps. He recently battled cancer and underwent chemo. He took MAG-10 during treatment and kept what looked like all of his muscle mass… getting chemo! He has an Indigo-3G log in our Logs forum where you can see his before cancer and after cancer pictures. He credits MAG-10 for helping him keep his mass.

I’ve always said that MAG-10 works better than any supplement I’ve seen as an anti-catabolic and his case proved it to me. Good choice.

Amazing, Chris. Very inspiring story. As a poor law student, it’s a hefty financial investment, but it seems to be worth the cost.

Edit: I accidentally called you Christ instead of Chris. At this point, though, is there really much of a difference?

To keep it in budget, I think 3 servings per day would do the trick.

I’m probably going to have to keep it up around at least four servings. Being 6’5" 300#, I think I probably need to dose on the higher end =)

Here’s Hip Scar’s log if you’re interested: http://tnation.t-nation.com/free_online_forum/sports_body_training_performance_bodybuilding_indigo_2/hip_scars_indigo3g_log

He writes about his MAG-10 usage during cancer treatment around page 35 I believe.

He’s also 6’6" and near-300 pounds (and very lean.)

Here’s some info he sent us. Looks like he did 1-6 servings daily.

"I came through the other side of cancer a little paler and a little balder, but I lived. I’m damn sure my physical state going into this ordeal saved my life, and my nutrition saved my muscle. Several pulses of MAG-10 a day literally saved my physique in a situation where you’d expect to lose muscle very quickly.

I pulsed with MAG-10 throughout chemotherapy. They said I could only have clear liquids, so MAG-10 was my go-to drink. I’d have one to six servings a day.

I should have lost tons of muscle! No way in the world I should still look like I do, but I do!! I knew what I had and I knew the most effective times to apply MAG-10 to my situation, and it worked!

MAG-10 saved my muscle and my physique during cancer and I will stand by that. You can take that to the bank! MAG-10 also kept me in the gym during chemo. My strength remained and my will followed. I can’t thank Tim Patterson and Biotest enough!" – Hip Scar

Keep us posted!

Thank you for the link! I’ll post occasionally to update everyone on my progress.

[quote]Obisidian wrote:
I’m probably going to have to keep it up around at least four servings. Being 6’5" 300#, I think I probably need to dose on the higher end =)[/quote]

I hope I’m not hijacking this thread, but your comment about dosing on the higher end because of your size got me thinking. I’m 6’4", 260 lbs. and I have often wondered if it would be beneficial for a larger person to increase the serving size. It never made sense to me that someone 260 lbs would use the same serving size as someone 160 lbs, but when in doubt, I just follow what’s on the bottle.

Chris, I know more isn’t necessarily better, but what would you think about a larger person using say, 2.5 scoops per serving instead of the recommended 2? Any benefit or waste of time/money?

mkrozewicz,

Tim Patterson saw your question and is very interested in helping you out. There’s no one better than Tim when it comes to helping an experienced lifter pack on muscle like he’s a newbie again. He’s done it with professional football players, MMA athletes and pro-bodybuilders. Tim is the go-to guy for everyone from John Meadows and Dave Tate to linebacker Brian Cushing.

Here’s what we need you to do:

Start a new thread here in Biotest Supplement Advice. Tell Tim about your situation and include info about how you train, the supplements you’re using, your goals, etc. Tell him exactly what you want to accomplish. Include a photo of yourself ideally. Tim will know exactly what to do.

[quote]Chris Shugart wrote:
mkrozewicz,

Tim Patterson saw your question and is very interested in helping you out. There’s no one better than Tim when it comes to helping an experienced lifter pack on muscle like he’s a newbie again. He’s done it with professional football players, MMA athletes and pro-bodybuilders. Tim is the go-to guy for everyone from John Meadows and Dave Tate to linebacker Brian Cushing.

Here’s what we need you to do:

Start a new thread here in Biotest Supplement Advice. Tell Tim about your situation and include info about how you train, the supplements you’re using etc. Tell him exactly what you want to accomplish. Include a photo of yourself ideally. Tim will know exactly what to do.

[/quote]

Cool! I’ll get on it tonight. Thanks.

Hip Scar’s experience is a truly awesome story. Really shows the power of fast acting protein supplements. And to think, there was a time there where I believed the studies that indicated fast proteins (like whey, which happens to be still way slower than Casein hydrolysate) were not nearly as good as the combo of slow + fast.

Another point for real world experience versus any “studies” out there.

I have a family member who has some pretty extreme digestion issues who I introduced MAG-10 too. I have a thread on here somewhere (it was a while ago) about what a difference MAG-10 (more appropriately, casein hydrolysate) made in his life. He simply could not digest proteins properly, and was wasting away. MAG-10 changed all of this for him…and this is only 2 servings a day!

MAG-10 (especially the latest version) is so easy on the stomach and digestive system that practically anyone can tolerate it. The only issue for some folks might be some sensitivity to the liquid flavoring (some can’t tolerate the amount of artificial sweetener), but other than that, MAG-10 is the greatest stuff around.