Biotest

Mag-10®, Plazma™, or Surge® Workout Fuel

Ruffdog asks:

Why does your Surge® Workout Fuel have Beta-alanine and the others (Mag-10® and Plazma™) do not? Would I be better to buy Surge® Workout Fuel and adding Casein Peptides myself (I already have)?

The overly simple answer is, they’re just different formulas. Beta-alanine is beneficial for longer duration training, which I believe SWF was originally designed for, so it’s more specific to it’s primary purpose.

Think like endurance cycling, marathon running, or high volume sprints compared to a few sets of heavy deadlifts. It still works awesome for lifting because of everything else it has in it, but the beta-alanine gives it the edge when it comes to endurance work. Turning Plazma into a kitchen sink-type supplement that contains every good ingredient to cover all possible bases is counter-productive, if not entirely pointless.

Surge Workout Fuel is self-contained and deliberately tested and designed for maximum effect, so it doesn’t need anything added. If you already have casein peptides (same thing as casein hydrolysate?) I’d use it for protein pulses once or twice a day and use Surge Workout Fuel on its own for training.