Biotest

MAG-10 on it's Own

When not using Plazma, would it be better to use MAG-10 or Surge Recovery as a PWO drink?

Ideally, you’d use something pre and during training, and of course <a href="http://www.t-nation.com/store/products/plazma"target=“new”>Plazma is the top of the line choice for that and can’t be simulated with anything else. If you choose to not use pre and intra, then choosing between Mag-10 and Surge Recovery would be based on the workout you did and your goals. Neither will be as effective as Plazma used pre and during, but it’s better to at least take care of a third of the peri-workout period with something. If this is a budget issue, it’s much better to have one serving of Plazma, half before and half during training, than a full serving of anything else post-workout.

Thanks Chris!

Hello, im from chile and i have a similar question than the OP. It is very difficult for me to get my hands on your products, so when i have the oportunity i ask anybody who travels to the US to bring me a jug of MAG-10, and not plazma.

My reasoning behind this is that i thought that the most important component in the MAG-10 and plazma formula were the di and tri- peptides. Besides the fact that MAG-10 has less ciclic dextrin and more protein per gram, i personally think that both are similar but Plazma containing more “functional carbs” and MAG-10 more protein (per Gram).

So i have a hig carb meal ( 200gr sweet potatoes for example) one hour beofre workout, and then drink 1-2 doses (2-4) scoops right before and during my workout, in order to maximize what i have available…

Please comment on this chris and correct me if i am wrong. thank you in advance.

That not ideal, Pilosox. Mag-10 really doesn’t come close to Plazma as a pre-workout or intra-workout supplement. It’s better than nothing if it’s all you can manage, but one serving of Plazma (half preloaded and half used during training) would be better and would really stretch the servings for your situation.

Hi, I also live in Chile, and have had several Biotest shipments. it took over a month to get everything approved (including going back and forth to international customs at the airport) but i eventually got everything, including several tubs of Plazma. You have to go to the Seremi office of Health with print outs of all the ingredients, and they will approve it. They are always suspicious because Biotest sounds like a pharmaceutical company, but when they see it’s for sports they approve it. It’s a pain, but worth it to have your Plazma!

[quote]Pilosox wrote:
Hello, im from chile and i have a similar question than the OP. It is very difficult for me to get my hands on your products, so when i have the oportunity i ask anybody who travels to the US to bring me a jug of MAG-10, and not plazma.

My reasoning behind this is that i thought that the most important component in the MAG-10 and plazma formula were the di and tri- peptides. Besides the fact that MAG-10 has less ciclic dextrin and more protein per gram, i personally think that both are similar but Plazma containing more “functional carbs” and MAG-10 more protein (per Gram).

So i have a hig carb meal ( 200gr sweet potatoes for example) one hour beofre workout, and then drink 1-2 doses (2-4) scoops right before and during my workout, in order to maximize what i have available…

Please comment on this chris and correct me if i am wrong. thank you in advance.[/quote]