Biotest

MAG-10 + Nuts

Chris & Co,
I’m curious what your preference is with MAG-10 between meals. John references taking MAG-10 with nuts, which I have yet to try. I understand that itâ??s effective either way, but as with most, Iâ??m targeting optimal, not just effective. I actually have an allergy to nuts too, which complicates things a bit. I can â??get awayâ?? with almonds, although I still donâ??t feel fantastic. Feel free to recommend other wholefood options.

For what itâ??s worth, this is my My MAG-10 Schedule. Feel free to provide feedback.
Non workout days (pulse):

• 6:30 A.M. â?? upon waking
  • 8:00 A.M. Breakfast
  • 10:30/11:00 â?? Pulse
  • 12/1:00 P.M. â?? Lunch
  • 3:30 â?? Pulse
  • 6:00 â?? Dinner
  • 9:00 â?? Metabolic Drive

Workout days:

• 4:30 â?? Pulse
  • 5:00 â?? begin drinking Surge W.O.F. during training (Plazma is on the way)
  • 6:00 P.M. â?? Training complete
  • 6:30 â?? Pulse
  • 7:30 â?? protein shake
  • 8:30 â?? Breakfast
  • 11:00 â?? pulse
  • 1:00 â?? lunch
  • 6:00 â?? dinner
  • 9:00 â?? Metabolic Drive

My plan is to ditch the pulse when I wake on work out days, and replace with Plazma prior/during training, and complete training with MAG-10. I will likely add this pulse to the afternoon, as my limit on MAG-10 pulses/servings daily is 3.

<a href="http://www.t-nation.com/store/products/mag-10"target=“new”>Mag-10 is designed to be used post-training, between meals for pulsing, during conditioning workouts, first thing in the AM, before bed, etc. It works best when taken as directed on the label. Yes, some coaches don’t do that all that time and have it with food (which seems to be fine in their experience) but we can only tell you what works best, and that’s to follow the label.

Overall, your plan looks solid.

[quote]Chris Shugart wrote:
<a href="http://www.T-Nation.com/store/products/MAG-10"target=“new”>MAG-10 is designed to be used post-training, between meals for pulsing, during conditioning workouts, first thing in the AM, before bed, etc. It works best when taken as directed on the label. Yes, some coaches don’t do that all that time and have it with food (which seems to be fine in their experience) but we can only tell you what works best, and that’s to follow the label.

Overall, your plan looks solid.

[/quote]

Thank you for the prompt reply. My thoughts exactly, but thought it worthy to clarify.

MAG-10 is simply my all time favorite staple bar none.
Not sure about how important all this optimized intake times, etc really is…but I’ve taken it between meals, with meals, double dosing; you name it, I’ve done it. It didn’t matter how it was taken; I’ve had nothing but excellent results all the way around.

I’m with buffd_ samurai on this. If I was forced to only take one item along with Indigo 3G, it would be MAG-10. In my opinion, it is superior to Plazma, but maybe I’m weird.

Those are some pretty good testimonials, what are you guys noticing from MAG-10 to deserve such praise?

One thing I notice about MAG-10 is, if I feel DMOS the next day after a hard workout, pulsung with MAG-10 seems to greatly diminish it. In some cases, usually involving smaller muscles like the deltoids, it clears it up.

@StateOfPsychosis: For me there is a huge difference in recovery between 3-4 MAG-10 pulses and getting the same amount of protein from whole food sources. The last time I was out of MAG-10 for a couple of days I was noticeably more sore. I barely get sore when using it.

Most of the time I have it on its own, but if I’m hungry I might have it with some rice cakes, nuts or an Metabolic Drive bar.

[quote]StateOfPsychosis wrote:
Those are some pretty good testimonials, what are you guys noticing from MAG-10 to deserve such praise?[/quote]

What the others above have indicated…couldn’t really say it any better.

It’s amazing to me, that a measily 20 grams of MAG-10 protein easily out performs even 50+ grams of straight whole protein (my previous single meal minimum protein intake)from protein powder or animal proteins for recovery. All this without the huge gastric stress I began to develop with massive amount of whole proteins. Just this alone makes it a massive winner for me.

By the way…double pulsing MAG-10 (defined as 2 servings of MAG-10 at one time) did not give me much improvement in recupe over what one serving did (several times a day of course). Just bloated my stomach more from all the fluid.

And again, taking it with meals or not…really doesn’t matter one iota for me.

Thanks for the replies.