Biotest

MAG-10, Need Sugar?

Typically post-workout with a whey protein supplement you are supposed to take some fast digesting sugar with it, is this the case with MAG-10 or does it already have enough? What do you do?

[quote]tuttle wrote:
Typically post-workout with a whey protein supplement you are supposed to take some fast digesting sugar with it, is this the case with MAG-10 or does it already have enough? What do you do?[/quote]

MAG-10 has everything in it you need post workout to kick start recovery and feed your muscles.

[quote]corstijeir wrote:

[quote]tuttle wrote:
Typically post-workout with a whey protein supplement you are supposed to take some fast digesting sugar with it, is this the case with MAG-10 or does it already have enough? What do you do?[/quote]

MAG-10 has everything in it you need post workout to kick start recovery and feed your muscles.[/quote]

This. Enough said. And this is a smart man saying it (referring to costijeir, not me).

[quote]tuttle wrote:
Like Corst said, Mag-10 was specifically designed to be used as-is. It has a specific amount of carbs from a strategic source.

Also, ideally you don’t want to wait until post-workout to have your protein and carbs. Your body can put the right nutrients to use before and during training, too.

I already take Plazma, but the studies I have read say that you need 30 grams of simple carbs post-workout, so these 11 post-workout carbs are efficient enough to eliminate the need from MAG-10?

[quote]tuttle wrote:
I already take Plazma, but the studies I have read say that you need 30 grams of simple carbs post-workout, so these 11 post-workout carbs are efficient enough to eliminate the need from MAG-10?[/quote]

Studies say a lot of things and take various factors into account.

Did your study use cyclic dextrin? If not, you can’t compare the two. Numerous people have results with the MAG-10 post workout as advised on the package.

If you needed more than the 11 grams in the MAG-10 serving it would be in there.

Lift, drink some MAG-10, win. It’s that simple.

[quote]tuttle wrote:
the studies I have read say that you need 30 grams of simple carbs post-workout[/quote]
Not sure which study you read, but you’re definitely covered between the Plazma and the Mag-10.

A relatively-older “rule of thumb” was to shoot for 2:1 carb to protein around a workout, but the special protein blend and fast-acting carbs in Mag-10 and Plazma are absorbed differently (faster and more efficiently) so those ratios aren’t as as accurate.